Samsung Note 8
Win10 Desktop App v1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Samsung S7

Operating System

Andoid 9.0 (Note 😎
Win 10

Android OS (unsure)

My Question or Issue

I have Spotify loaded on the above devices.  My S7 is my work phone and my Note 8 is my personal phone.

When I play Spotify on the desktop, it activates and plays on both the Note 8 and the S7.  Doing this drains the battery on both phones, even though I am using the desktop as the only player at the time, and hearing the S7 just start playing in the other room while I am working can be a bit un-nerving.  It is worse if one of the phones connects to my secondary network and is not on the same network my desktop or other phone is on.

How do I shut this off or stop it?  I have read 2 different threads {here and here} and both threads are marked "solved", but apparently the issue is not "solved".  I am experiencing the issue and the "solutions" are "it was fixed in the update".  Apparently not.

1 Reply

Hey @vader7071 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

If you can, try restarting your device, that can sometimes make a world of difference. I would also recommend trying a clean reinstall Spotify onto your device. Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps (On your phone): 

1. Step 1: Head to the Settings menu. 
  2. Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
  3. Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a picture and video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Also try downloading the windows store version of Spotify, that version seems to be less buggy.

Best,

Jack 🙂

d.jpg

Suggested posts