Spotify's Android Developers M.I.A.

Spotify's Android Developers M.I.A.

SteveBrammer
Community Legend

Over in the iOS forum there is interaction and feedback from some of Spotify's iOS developers (nevyn, Bengan and soho).

Here in the Android forum the developers are conspicuous by their absence.

• Who are Spotify's Android developers?
  • Can they please introduce themselves here in the community?
  • Can they please take an active part in the community?

24 Replies

Re: Spotify's Android Developers M.I.A.

SteveBrammer
Community Legend

Since all the Support Reps. are busy with Facebook connection problems, it would be really good if someone from the Android development team could hang around this forum and answer some questions.

d06
Regular

Yeah, this would be very nice. I would very much like to see some updates to the Android app soon. I'm debating whether or not to switch to Mog which seems to have a very nice Android app.

Munsoned
Casual Listener
I am beginning to think that Android is the b@st@rd child in the cell phone development community. Can we get some assistance with the online/offline issues for Android 3.0+ please.

leolulz
Casual Listener

The developers aint even answering to this thread? Do they even exist?

My premium this months ends in two days, probably time to delete the payment method and look for another streaming service. Can't stand the lack of support and horrible customer service for the android app anymore.

eatonjb
Gig Goer

Perhaps we need to get some new Android dev's.   in a bad way, I would say , fire them all (if there are any) and hire a new staff, and start from scratch.

OR HOW ABOUT THIS ODD FACT!

Add to your blog that WE ARE WORKING on something? or even that we dont care about Android users.  either way, I would like to here the word Android comming from Spotify in some way!

timfidler
Casual Listener

Today, after a year or so of waiting for some kind of improvement to the insultingly bad Android app, I've cancelled my subscription. I'm quite angry about how I've been treated (as a second class citizen) despite using the worlds biggest mobile platform.

Goodbye Spotify. Maybe when you loose all your Android customers you'll understand that all you had to do was:

- Communicate

- Improve the app in line with other platforms.

It's not rocket science.

IIIXVI
Casual Listener

MOG has a great app, I left them for spotify because I like hey they link with my facebook!! At this point though I can honestly say I just downgraded my account with Spotify to not include the app since they don't give a rat's arse about Android users.  If this seems to be the case in the coming weeks, months just for their lack of customer service towards myself and others (I've been paying since you could get spotify in the US) I will leave Spotify all together and make sure everyone I know either leaves or downgrads, and trust me they will!

La calma è la virtù dei forti.

scoobydooby
Casual Listener

They are not M.I.A.  - they just don't give a **bleep**. There is no other explanation as to why a company the size of Spotify is ignoring this problem. 

To ass insult to injury, they sent someone here to post their "solution" telling us to uninstall, or to install to a different location. They stopped short of telling us to delete our cookies or to reset our cable modems. 

I could deal with a lousy app if this were a free product, but this is a paid product, and many of the mobile features are tied to the paid plans. At the very least, they should refund us several months, but the absolute least they need to do is tell us what the hell is going on instead of ignoring us. 

Dimind
Casual Listener

Well, I just had it with Spotify. Dont care about Facebook or whatever.....just want to be able to listen to music. Clearly that is not what Spotify is about anymore :manmad:

SUGGESTED POSTS