Premium

Country

UK

Device

Motorla E4 plus

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My Spotify used to work perfectly then it just decided to start playing up and causing problems.

These problems consist of: Not playing any of the songs that I select to listen to (even though they come up as playing on the bottom of the screen) and it has removed all of the songs I previously downloaded and it will not let me download them again (I do still have premium, I have not reached the maximum song limit and I have more than enough space on my phone).

I have tried everything, uninstalling it and reinstalling it, restarting it, logging out and back in, going into app strings and allowing it to access files but nothing seems to work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Dominic_C,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try the following: Log out Everywhere, Uninstall the app again with the steps that's provided in the clean reinstall article. After that - switch off your phone > take out your SD card > start the devices again without the SD card > reinstall the app. 

Also make sure that there is no Battery Optimization enabled for Spotify and that the app has all permissions on your phone.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @Dominic_C,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This sounds like there might be an issue with the app cache on the phone.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps from this guide exactly? This will assure that all app data and cache are cleared.

Let us know if that helped and if you're using an SD card with your phone.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi,

I've tried everything that the guide says but it still doesn't seem to be working, is there anything else that can be done?

Marked as solution

Hey @Dominic_C,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try the following: Log out Everywhere, Uninstall the app again with the steps that's provided in the clean reinstall article. After that - switch off your phone > take out your SD card > start the devices again without the SD card > reinstall the app. 

Also make sure that there is no Battery Optimization enabled for Spotify and that the app has all permissions on your phone.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts