Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing when screen gets locked.

Spotify stops playing when screen gets locked.

just bought a new phone from ZTE and have been listening spotify continuously on this phone with no problems at all. But these days, whenever my phone goes to sleep or i lock my screen, the music stops playing and when i unlock my phone again, i find that the spotify would have been paused and i have to play it again. Its getting really annoying to keep scrolling through the music so that my phone dont go to sleep and the spotify wont turn off. I try to look up in the internet for the solution but nothing worked for my case. What would be a good solution for this issue?
6 Replies

Maybe the section "Tracks stop playing when screen is off or the Spotify application is in the background" in one of the posts pinned to the top of this forum will help. If not, please post details of your phone model, android version and spotify version, thanks.

Joe I have a nexus 6p and it does the same thing

Spotify stops playing while my nexus 6p is sleeping

I have the Same probmen for the past 2months on my Samsung galaxy Tab! One would think that would be a feature  added for the advertising purposes,  but I have a premium account and now I'm debating on discontinting my premium or even switching to a different app as this is getting really annoying.over the limits. Please suggest what to do or fix a bug asap if that's what's causing this. Cheers, Teya

I have the Same probmen for the past 2months on my Samsung galaxy Tab! One would think that would be a feature  added for the advertising purposes,  but I have a premium account and now I'm debating on discontinting my premium or even switching to a different app as this is getting really annoying.it even stops playing after a song finishes if Im using other apps while listejing, the same as youthe does. This is really going over the limits. Please suggest what to do or fix a bug asap if that's what's causing this. Cheers, Teya

A have the same problem for a half year, maybe more. It starts when i install Nougat for my Huawei P9... Its really annoying and Ive tried everything, even wipe my phone... 

Suggested posts