Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops screen goes black

Spotify stops screen goes black

Hi all,

I am running the latest version of Spotify with CyanogenMod 10.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. Everything has been fine for weeks until two days ago when Spotify started stopping playing as soons as the screen goes black. I wonder if it follows some user setttings changes on my lockscreen but in the first place there has been not major change or update that could have broken Spotify. Has anyone experienced that issue?

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Quentin

7 Replies

Hi @denisq and welcome to the community 🙂

Have you tried an app data wipe or a clean reinstall? That solves most issues.

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your reply. First it helped, and it lasted a couple of days. Then back to the issue and Spotify crashes as soon as the screen times out and goes off. I cannot understand what triggers that problem. Is there any way to get the logs and better understand the root cause?

Kind regards,

Quentin

I'm having the same exact problem. Nexus 7 running 4.4.2. Does not play next song is tablet has been locked or the screen has gone to sleep. Thx!

If you are streaming music over wifi, turning off wifi optimisation and enabling  keep wifi on during sleep might help.

thank you for that suggestion! unfortunately, I have already both of those and I still had the problem. I think the cause of the problem has to do with the Spotify widget. It seems to have trouble updating after a song change happens. once I removed the widget, my playlist streaming returned to normal. I have not run into the black screen since.

Im using th Samsung galaxy s10

I've tried every single power save and data option in my phones settings, and nothing seems to help. The issue doesn't always happen and there no, and there's no set amount of time before it does happen. I love spotify,  bit I won't pay for a half *blank* service. I cant always touch my phone to cause the backlight to turn back on, or the patience for it to turn off again ad soon as the backlight goes out.

Any help would be appreciated

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out to us and giving us more info about your issue! 

Could you please check out this post and follow the steps listed there in the exact same order? 

Let me know what happens 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts