Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

S9

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My phone just recently updated with that car mode and stuff. When I try to pair my phone with my 2015 kia optima infinity sound system I get an error that says udevice.exe encountered a serous error and must shut down. This only happens when trying to pair with spotify after the update. My car can pair to my phone, youtube etc with no problems. Any information would be helpful. I tried to repair my phone, try to connect mid song nothing works

16 Replies

Hi there @Greatest808,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Just to confirm, is that error showing up when you try to start Spotify after your phone is already paired with your car's stereo? We'd also like to know if the same happens with any other type of connection, like a USB or AUX cable.

A video or some pictures of what's happening would come in handy to have a better understanding of what might be going on.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have attached a picture of the error. Basically I pair my phone with my car, it connects. When I hit the media button to connect to the spotify app once it connects it causes that crash to occur with that error. It only happened after the app updated itself with version 8.6.52.911 with this car mode or what ever its called.

When I try to pair other apps such as youtube,pandora anything it else it still works as usual. If we cant find a solution I will have to remove my premium service because it isnt usable in my car which is where I usually use it

Screenshot 2021-08-14 162824.png

I dont use any usb or aux cables it has always been bluetooth pairing. The app worked just fine the night before and then after the update this happened. I turned my car off let it sit for 5 minutes, turned it on and tried to reconnect...nothing. Reinstalled the app same thing crash

Hi there @Greatest808,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for you to ask a friend/ family member to connect with their phone to the car and check if you get the same error message?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unable to, but it shouldn't matter my car pairs with my phone and other
apps just fine so it has to be an issue with spotify.

Hi there @Greatest808.

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

The reason we asked you to log in with a different account is because we want to make sure that it isn't an account issue.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this when you connect your phone.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It looks like its my account. I made a new account on the same app and it
connects

Hi @Greatest808,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

Could you confirm you performed the clean reinstall with the steps shared by @Jeremy

If you experience the same error after doing it, we suggest you cancel the renewal of your subscription to transfer your music and playlist to the new account that is working. These are the steps to transfer it. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Yes. I Uninstalled looked for any spotify files there were none then I shut
the phone off for 5 minutes, turned on reinstalled, my car will pair with
my phone just fine. When I hit play on spotify it crashes my car console
with the message I posted in the beginning

Hey @Greatest808,

Thanks for your quick follow up on this matter.

If the issue did not resolve after the reinstall, but it is not present with the new account you have created, then we suggest following the advice of @MafeG above. 

You can cancel your subscription on the old account and then copy your music and playlist to the new one that is working. Here are the steps to transfer your music to the working account.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator

Thats what the follow up was about, the new account crashed the same way
and has continued to do so. Makes me believe it is this update. Is there
anyway to revert the update I like spotify but it doesn't work in my car so
its not worth paying for

Hi @Greatest808,

Thanks for the clarification. 

Once the Spotify app gets updated to the latest version, there isn't a way to revert back to the older versions. 

On another note, would you mind trying with a different phone to check if the issue persists? This would help us to know if the issue is device-related.

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks, but no point my phone pairs and works with my car. So at minimum it
is the app on my phone and I won't be doing anything to my phone

Hey @Greatest808

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, would you mind letting us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your phone?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Android 10
Galaxy s9

Hi @Greatest808,

Thank you for your reply. 

Since we haven't seen similar reports, we'd like to test it out with a different phone. This will help us rule out that the device is causing this, so if you're able to test with a different phone let us know.

On another note, are you experiencing any difficulties playing Spotify when connected to another Bluetooth device such as speakers or headphones?

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts