Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

I have given the spotify app permission to access my microphone but when I hold down the search button with the spotify app I can not control the app my voice. There is also no microphone symbol. 

Any help would be great.

Thanks 

Jeekay

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Jeekay and @micky_caine,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Spotify Voice is currently available to users in the US - there's more info about this here.

Since you've mentioned in your posts that you're currently in the UK, it would explain why you're having troubles seeing this feature for now.

If this is something that you'd like to see available in your location, we'd recommend sharing it in our Idea Exchange so other users can add their support.

Further, there's also a similar idea request about adding voice control options on the mobile app that you can support by adding your +VOTE and feedback. This way, you can additionally stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on about this.

For more info on how the Idea Exchange works, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

• Plan: Premium Family

Device: Galaxy S10e

I have exactly the same experience.

Microphone permissions allowed but no voice search. Am I doing something wrong??

Googling is sketchy but appears to say its unavailable in the UK. This seems odd but would love a proper explanation if someone could help.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hey there @Jeekay and @micky_caine,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Spotify Voice is currently available to users in the US - there's more info about this here.

Since you've mentioned in your posts that you're currently in the UK, it would explain why you're having troubles seeing this feature for now.

If this is something that you'd like to see available in your location, we'd recommend sharing it in our Idea Exchange so other users can add their support.

Further, there's also a similar idea request about adding voice control options on the mobile app that you can support by adding your +VOTE and feedback. This way, you can additionally stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on about this.

For more info on how the Idea Exchange works, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

This is a bad joke.  I pay $14/month for a service where the company just  seemed to remove one if its most important features, yet there is no way to reach the company directly and get help. What the **bleep** did they do to the voice button?

Hey @111118,

Thanks for joining the thread with such passion!
The Voice Search feature has not been removed, which makes me think that something isn't quite alright on your end of things.

To troubleshoot this effectively, we can start with a removal of your cached data.
In case that doesn't work, we'd go for a complete clean reinstall.

You may also directly contact our Customer Support folks, who can take a look at your account and tell you if any inconsistencies are present.

Take care!

VasilModerator

I just tried this on my Samsung Galaxy A32 5G phone.  I ran the clean reinstall, but no progress has been realized in recovering the very useful voice search feature I used to enjoy.  

Please advise.

The link you posted for information about the use of Spotify Voice in the USA is broken.

Hello I am in US and I have same issue

Why is that?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread and sorry for the confusion.

At Spotify, we’re always working to deliver features that our users love. In order to make way for future innovations, we will be removing the current “Hey Spotify” voice feature within our app. 

Hey Spotify” will still be available via Car Thing in the U.S. and users will be able to easily access other voice assistants from our integrated partners on their mobile devices. For more information visit our support pages.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts