Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred Playlist Missing On Android Tablet

Solved!

Starred Playlist Missing On Android Tablet

So started today with going onto Spotify on my desktop on Chrome and i see that I have 2 Starred playlists; 1 was the official one, one appears to be a manually made playlist - thing is, everything in this playlist was flipped the wrong way around (ie the first song i ever added to my Starred was at the top)

Naturally I delete this unwanted new Starred playlist after a few searches seeing how to flip it back the right way around (which can apparently only be done in the client, not in the browser... boo!)  

Day ends I head to bed and open up Spotify on my tablet to find that my Starred playlist on my tablet is completely gone....

It is still here on my Browser (Chrome) version but completely gone on my tablet, even in Recently Listened it doesnt appear anymore.

I have pretty much everything in my Starred playlist... has anyone else encountered this and how do I restore it on my tablet (the correct way around as well, ie Newly added at the top)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK, its weird - i havent deleted it - i was able to still play it from PC and mobile, but I restored it, just like a deleted playlist, and it come back, to my tab

Thanks! 🙂

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I have exactly the same problem on my Nexus 5. A couple of days ago duplicate "Starred" playlist appeared in the desktop client too.

This happened on a Nexus 7

Same here, I already removed Spotify and reinstalled but still no starred playlist on my phone/tablet and a duplicate starred playlist in the web interface.

Still need help with this

Same here.

I'm PAYING for this service...

Same issues.... (android phone)

For those still having this issue I was able to restore my list via the following process. 

1) Go to your account overview and find the "restore playlist" option.

2) You should see the playlist you deleted there

3) Once it's restored it will appear merged with the playlist on the desktop as well. I had to move the playlist back to the top but other than that its completely functional for me.

It was not deleted. it's just not there on the android app.

Still need help with this issue!!!

@Wojtorb can you try logging out then back in again

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

When I did it, nothing happens...

Hi @Wojtorb

Just realised this is about starred playlists which was made redundant with the transition to the library. See the blog post here for the details: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Changes-to-your-Starred-Playlist/ba-p/120218...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

It's nothing new to me.

The problem is that i can't find my starred playlist on my lenovo tablet

I can find it on my PC or phone, but not on my tablet. It is not the faul of icon or name - just, there is no my starred playlist.

Marked as solution

OK, its weird - i havent deleted it - i was able to still play it from PC and mobile, but I restored it, just like a deleted playlist, and it come back, to my tab

Thanks! 🙂

Suggested posts