Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Storage option missing on Android 7.0 Nougat

Solved!

Storage option missing on Android 7.0 Nougat

On the latest version of Android (7.0 Nougat), the Storage option is nowhere to be found. I've enabled all permissions, but the option is still missing. Please look into this. I've attached a screenshot. 

Android Version: AOSP 7.0 (Nougat)

Spotify Version: 6.2.0.1019 BETA

Device Name/Model: LG G3 (d852)

Storage Option Missing.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@washy75 wrote:
Hi There, Could you please describe a bit more in details how you managed to sort out your SD card issue on Nougat 7.0 ROM? I have a Cyanogenmod rooted Galaxy S4 9505 and I tried almost everything out there but still had no luck. My SD card is a Portable Storage (not Internal) and I see no option on Spotify to change it. My ROM doesn't offer me the option to store the app on the SD card either. This is doing my head in! I would love to have this sorted out otherwise I may consider going to Tidal. Regards,

It is an issue with CyanogenMod's kernel, not with Spotify. Try updating to CM 14.1 if you can, which is Android 7.1. CM 14.1 fixes the problem IIRC.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

You formatted your SD card as portable and not internal storage? If so, you should probably report this issue in the Beta forum (I assume there is one?).

@Joe wrote:

You formatted your SD card as portable and not internal storage? If so, you should probably report this issue in the Beta forum (I assume there is one?).

I would report it in the Beta forum, but I don't have access to it. I'm just downloading the betas from APK Mirror and using those.

Running a beta app when you're not on the beta programme and on an unofficial ROM. Good luck to you.

@Joe wrote:

Running a beta app when you're not on the beta programme and on an unofficial ROM. Good luck to you.

Hey, to be fair, anything is better than LG's stock firmware. And I converted my SD card to be formatted as internal. Everything's on the SD card now.

That explains why you don't have the storage option. As you formatted as internal the system just sees one big block of storage. Have a read of the sticky at the top of this forum regarding adoptable storage.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hello,

I haven't formatted my SD Card to internal and came across the same problem today. Any ideas? Has Spotify removed this option in the newest version?

I cleared the data and cache plus I set the app in my phone settings to be saved on the SD Card and then when I relaunched the app the option appeared again with SD card selected. Solved itself. 🙂

Greetings from Poland.

Hi There, Could you please describe a bit more in details how you managed to sort out your SD card issue on Nougat 7.0 ROM? I have a Cyanogenmod rooted Galaxy S4 9505 and I tried almost everything out there but still had no luck. My SD card is a Portable Storage (not Internal) and I see no option on Spotify to change it. My ROM doesn't offer me the option to store the app on the SD card either. This is doing my head in! I would love to have this sorted out otherwise I may consider going to Tidal. Regards,
Marked as solution

@washy75 wrote:

It is an issue with CyanogenMod's kernel, not with Spotify. Try updating to CM 14.1 if you can, which is Android 7.1. CM 14.1 fixes the problem IIRC.

Thanks for that. I will backup my phone and try to install CM14.1 later. I will let you know how I get on with it. Regards,

WOW, 

Thank you so much, mate! I've found a ROM for my Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and it was like you said: it was a ROM issue not Spotify the reason I couldn't save to the SD card.

Spotify picked up the SD card as the main storage out of the box, no dramas. I thought I was going to have to do some more tweaking but I had done absolutely nothing to make it work! There was amazing!

Once again, thank you for your help. Cheers!

@washy75 wrote:

WOW, 

Thank you so much, mate! I've found a ROM for my Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and it was like you said: it was a ROM issue not Spotify the reason I couldn't save to the SD card.

Spotify picked up the SD card as the main storage out of the box, no dramas. I thought I was going to have to do some more tweaking but I had done absolutely nothing to make it work! There was amazing!

Once again, thank you for your help. Cheers!

You are very welcome. Glad I was able to help resolve your issue! 🙂

Suggested posts