Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suggested songs

Solved!

Suggested songs

Hello

Im using spotify on my android phone and would like to know if there is any way of disabling these annoying suggested songs. I actually want the ability to choose the music I listen to and that is not possible when it keeps suggesting music i dont want to listen to. The problem is that it suggest 5-7 songs in a row and I always run out of skips before. So Spotify is dictating what i should listen to.

This morning I put on one song I wanted to listen to, but after ½ an hour I still hadnt had to oppotunity to listen to the song and was so close to uninstalling Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try going into your Spotify settings, then to playback, then go down to auto play. When I turned my autoplay off the the suggested songs stopped. Hope this works for others.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Here's what I've found:

When I put my phone on airplane mode, and then I click an album or playlist, no matter how smal, it runs through all the listed songs first before it goes to any suggested tracks. Idk if that's just for me, but it works on my phone.

Also, when you use Spotify on the computer, you can choose any song and put it on repeat forever. This is also true on the kindle.

Marked as solution

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

Spotify free can help you find new music we think you'll love. That means we’ll continue to suggest tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better the suggestions will become.

If you have less than 15 songs in your Favorite Songs, we'll add more songs. You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more songs.

You can read more about the Free experience on mobile devices in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps clarify things. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

283 Replies

If you are using Spotify free, create a playlist with 12+ songs in it and you should be able to listen to those songs on shuffle mode. Unfortunately on-demand playback is a premium feature. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a 101 song playlist and can't listen to it because Spotify forces suggestions (that I actually hate) in it. Does anyone know the solution?
Thanks!

A premium subscription would fix that.

On Spotify (free version) do you also get these suggested songs? Or is it just adverts?

You will get suggested songs on Spotify free on mobile when the playlist or artist/album page you are playing has less than 12 tracks on it.

Full details are at the links below:
Mobile: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-free-on-your-mobile-phone
Tablet: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-free-on-your-ipad-or-tablet/

Peter

I have 16 songs in my play list. I have the free version. I play shuffle and suggested songs still play. Please advise as this is contrary to your advisements and per the support section of spotify. Android KitKat

Got a link to the playlist?

Peter

I'm unfamilar with sending a playlist link. i could not find my playlists in my account. I do not have the windows spotify software installed. I use my playlists from my mobile device.

thanks

I am having the same problem with my playlists. One such example: http://open.spotify.com/user/1210225676/playlist/5KqLBLOOEm3F1sV00BBAXB

@samitefan1 - Do the other "suggested" tracks show in your play queue? Can you just confirm you don't have those tracks as local files synched over to your device? 

Peter

As I am using free, I don't have access to the play queue, and I don't have any files synced to my device, as I am again using the free app. Am I forgetting something? My playlist has more than 15 songs.

Are you definitely getting suggested tracks, and its not just on shuffle mode?

Peter

As I am using the free program, I can ONLY use shuffle mode. I thought it would just shuffle play the list, and whenever a non listed on the playlist song plays "sponsored song" appears juat above it. How would I determine whether or not I was in generic shuffle mode?

That is definitely weird. Would it be possible to grab us a screenshot of that message? 

Going to get this escalated for further investigation for you. 

Peter

I will do that the next time it happens.

http://tinypic.com/r/15cxz43/8. http://open.spotify.com/user/1210225676/playlist/5KqLBLOOEm3F1sV00BBAXB
The first is a link to the screenshot, the second is a link to the playlist it is occurring on, to verify it exceeds the 12 song suggestion limit and to prove the depicted playing song is indeed not on said playlist.

You may have to take the period off the end of the first link for it to work.

Additionally, after skipping ywo sponsored songs I am unable to listen to the playlist anymore. I hit the shuffle play button multiple times to no avail.

Link: http://tinypic.com/m/i3f8xy/4

By the way, thank you very much for your willingness to help me!

Suggested posts