Premium

Country

Italy

Device

samsung galaxy s9

Operating System

android 10

My Question or Issue

Hi in the past few days I've noticed some issues using spotify, in particular liked songs don't sync between mobile and desktop and also the "following" counter in my profile doesn't update when I follow a new artist. I think that the problem is in the android app because liked songs are syncing correctly between desktop app and web player, but they don't sync when I like a new song on android. In addition the following number updates as expected on desktop/web player.

I'm using the last version avaiable on android, which should be the 8.7.18.1138.

Could it be related to the last update? It's quite a frustrating bug

1 Reply

Hi @davidewastaken!

Since synchronization happens on a server side, depending on your connection to the server, there can be some delays.

Overall we would recommend avoiding using multiple instances of Spotify at the same time as in some occasions they can "compete" against each other, each trying to sync your data with the servers, which can cause issues.

Do you use a VPN on your phone or maybe have a custom DNS setting? Anything that might interfere with the connection can cause sync issues, even if your phone is a bit laggy.

Best way to rule an issue with the specific phone is to log in to your account on another phone, maybe one of a family member or a friend. Try it out and keep us posted!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts