Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing with computer through USB Modem mode

Syncing with computer through USB Modem mode

Hello !

I often use my cellphone to get internet on my laptop when i'm not at my home and the android phone itself is connected via 3G or via an EAP-SIM protected wifi often used in france "FreeWifi Secure".

So i would like to be able to sync my tracks between my computer and my cellphone when they are both connected in USB.

They are both on the same network when connected via USB Modem mode but i am not able to list my device in the laptop side in "Devices" menu. But when i'm at my home is works good.

Here is a simple explanation of how they are connected :

[Laptop] ===USB modem mode=== [Android phone] === Wifi network or 3G

I hope that it is clear for you, fi not, fell free to ask me 🙂

Have a good day,

Valentin.

3 Replies

Have you tried setting your mobile up as a wireless hotspot then connecting your laptop to it using wifi? I haven't tested this but it should work since your laptop and mobile will then be on the same network. I don't think that using your mobile as a modem through USB will work though.

Another possibility is to set up an ad hoc network on your laptop then connect the android to it. Again, both devices will then be on the same network and it should work.

Hello,
Even with wifi sharing it don't works. I didn't tried with ad hoc network but with usb or wifi connection sharing both devices (laptop and phone) are on the same network. I think that the problem is more about the dns or dhcp ?
I'll try 🙂

Ad hoc networking seems to work for iphones as reported in this post so I'll keep my fingers crossed 🙂

Suggested posts