Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Title not available on restarting spotify

Title not available on restarting spotify

Hello!

Since the last two updates I'm facing the following issue when using Spotify in offline mode.

I'm using Spotify on my mobile mainly to listen to offline albums and playlists on my commute from home to work and back again using a bluetooth connection to my car audio. Playback is automatically paused once I switch off the car.

When I try to resume the playback after some time (no difference between playback via bluetooth or via headphones) Spotify will always display the message "Title not available" and will show a blank cover photo. Spotify has then also "forgotten" which song I recently played and the current queue is empty. I have to go back to my library and reselect the album and start from new. This is very embarrassing, escpacilly for longer playlists or albums.

This behaviour can also be reconstructed by pausing the current playback and then closing (swiping left) Spotify via the Android list of recently used applications.

Spotify: 1.1.2.453

Android: 4.4.4

Device: Google / LG Nexus 4

Anyone else having this issue?

Daniel

5 Replies

Hi. Thanks for reporting this. I seem to get this on some tracks in my starred playlist but I haven't managed to reproduce with other playlists. I copied the tracks from starred into a new playlist and the problem doesn't seem to occur.

Are you getting this on more than one playlist and when playing albums from Your Music too? Does it happen on all tracks or just certain ones and does popping the tracks from an affected playlist into a new playlist still give the error?

Hello Joe,

there is no observable connection between the type of playlist and this issue.

Yes, it happens to any Playlist or Album I've played since the last update. It seems to make a difference for how long you pause the playback - some minutes seem ok, 8 hours of working between using the car audio are definitly not. Could it be that this is somehow connected to this new feature: "Playback stops when you swipe the app from the Recent Tasks list."?

Daniel

I think this deserves its own thread @BelGarion and I changed the subject of your first post to make it more relevant but feel free to change it to something else if you want 🙂

There have been problems in the past with spotify forgetting where it was in a playlist but that was fixed some versions back but the "Title not available" thing is new so it may well be connected to the recent change.

You could be right that the delay in resuming playback is relevant. I only tried closing the app from the recent app screen and restarting but it was strange that the issue didn't occur with a copy of the playlist for me. I suspect it's going to take a while to pin down the problem and, no doubt, others will soon be posting here so we'll get more data.

It's almost as if spotify is in offline mode although this should not be affecting offlined music which you also get this with. That message comes up when there is no internet connection and you try to stream a track.

I'll keep an eye out for others reporting this issue and flag it with the staff but, in the meantime, you can get in touch with spotify support here to see if they have any suggestions. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Hello Joe,

thanks for your support. I did as suggested and contacted Spotify support directly. I will update this thread with any news from them.

Daniel

Great, thanks Daniel.

Suggested posts