Spotify feature requests

Repeat one song
Add album to EXISTING Play List
Change the order of songs on a Play List
Tag albums and songs by Genre and add a Genre tab like Google All Access
Save a Que
Connect with desktop app like mobile to mobile can do over Wi-Fi
Filter for Explicite Music
External SD card support (can be done even on Kitkat)
10 Replies

Hey there @Joemommaspotify!

Great ideas you have here! Check to see if the ideas have already been posted in the ideas exchange here. If it has already been posted be sure to give your kudos for support. If it hasn't been posted, you can post the idea and the more kudos you receive the bigger the chance of it being implemented into Spotify! 🙂

*When ideas are being posted, be sure to only give one idea per topic/submission.*

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

hi there,

defo would like this one "Add album to EXISTING Play List" - think i asked Spotify for it also a while back 😕

cheers

Well we got our wish. Spotify included this in their latest release a few days back. Now just need to be able to organize (move songs) in a play list.

yes it is good that they added it, but i can't find the option 😕 was hoping to be able to do it from playing track

@Joemommaspotify You can make this topic really useful by editing and updating your top post to include other suggestions and implemented requests (maybe by using strike-through)?

@danx55 wrote:
yes it is good that they added it, but i can't find the option 😕 was hoping to be able to do it from playing track

There are a few ways to get to the option to add an album to a playlist. If the album has the three dot menu on the right, you can just touch that to bring up the "Add to..." option. In particular, you'll see this next to all your albums in Your Music. You can also touch and hold on the album artwork for any album to bring up the same menu. Finally, if you have an album open to the track listing, just press your Android device's menu button to bring up the option; this last option only works if you're viewing the album from the catalog page, not from Your Music.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@jwylot wrote:

@Joemommaspotify You can make this topic really useful by editing and updating your top post to include other suggestions and implemented requests (maybe by using strike-through)?

Agreed, this could actually be a very handy post to follow if updated regularly.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Completed Requests - Thanks Spotify!

Add Album to EXISTING Play List - June release.
External SD card support (can be done even on Kitkat)
Requests / To Do List - Worked GREAT with my new 64 GB card.

**Requests To Do List for Spotify:

Repeat one song
Change the order of songs on a Play List
Tag albums and songs by Genre and add a Genre tab like Google All Access
Save a Que
Change the order of the Que and/remove from Que
Connect with desktop app like mobile to mobile can do over Wi-Fi
Filter for Explicite Music

Updated the list denoting completed requests and To Do List. From mobile so I don't have strike through. Should get the job done though. Glad you find it useful.

Thanks Merik. Would rather keep a running list then search, kudos, etc. I will keep ticking the completed items off the list as Spotify implements.

Suggested posts