Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two notifications

Solved!

Two notifications

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore 

Device

Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android version 11

My Question or Issue

I currently have two notifications on my phone everytime I play music? If I want to get rid of the Spotify notification on my notification bar, it always requires me to swipe twice. The first "page", it will show the song that is currently playing with Playing on this phone, but the next page is a fixed song that is always there even if I'm not playing it. I don't understand why this is happening, and it is quite annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tzexin7chew

Can you check if toggling Background App Refresh on/off for Spotify in your OS settings removes the second notification? Also, it's good to restart your device after each change to make sure they actually take effect. 

Also, it's a good idea to check if the Spotify app is excluded from any battery or Storage optimization services. Even though you may not have them installed, some devices have them pre-installed. You can contact the manufacturer regarding the preset configuration. 

Spotify recently rolled out a new version of the app, so it's a good idea to check for the update and download it or do another clean reinstall of the app

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

72 Replies

Hey @tzexin7chew, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly? 

I'll see what to suggest.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Sure, over here

Screenshot_20210516-100816_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20210516-100824_Spotify.jpg

Hey @tzexin7chew

Thanks for the reply and for sending the screenshot. Can you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps

Let me know what happens. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Just tried it out.. There are still two notifications 😞

Hey @tzexin7chew,

Thanks. I would like to get some more info as to how this happens.

So, are you sliding on the notification and it shows the other part? And the other part shows a different song or the same song? Also, does this happen from the lock screen? If you're able to send a screen recording, that would be great so I can take a closer look at this for you. 

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

It doesn't affect my lockscreen, and for some reason the second song is always that same song, which isn't the one I'm playing.

I have also been dealing with this for a few weeks on my Galaxy S21+ and it's been driving me nuts.

1st song is the song that's currently playing, 2nd song never changes and the controls on that page don't do anything. The notification also remains in place even after I've stopped listening to music (not sure if that's intentional, I don't alway hard-close the app when I'm done listening).

Screenshot_20210517-155247_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210517-155300_Spotify.jpg

Hey @McQuiggen, and @tzexin7chew,

Can you let me know if this happens after you sign out everywhere? You can do this from your account page here, and scroll down until you find an option stating "SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE".

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Just tried it, the two notifications are still there 😕

Hey @tzexin7chew,

Thanks for trying those steps!

Could you try restarting your internet connection and if possible, check if you experience the same when connected to a different network?

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

@Billy-J

Still doesn't work...

Hey @tzexin7chew

The next thing that we can try is to check for power optimization settings or data cleaning apps that might run actively on your device and try disabling them and let me know if that makes a difference. 

If that doesn't work, the best option is to ask someone else to log in to their Spotify account on the same device to check and see if this could be an account-related issue. 

Keep me posted! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Really appreciate your help by the way.

Unfortunately even when someone else logged into their account on my phone the second notification is still there, even though they don't have the song in their library. So it doesn't appear to be an account issue. 

Don't have power optimization settings or data cleaning apps either.

Hey @tzexin7chew,

Can you let me know the exact Spotify version you have for the app? You can check by going to the Settings (gear icon) in the Spotify app > About. Also, can you let me know if you have a pair of Bluetooth headphones connected when this happens, or a watch running the Spotify app connected to the phone? 

If so, could you disconnect these and let me know if the issue persists? 
Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

My Spotify is version 8.6.28.700

Don't have any Bluetooth earphones, and my Bluetooth watch is rarely connected to my phone, not to mention it can't really control my Spotify anyway. But even disconnected the problem persists.

Hey @tzexin7chew,

Can you let me know if the same issue happens when you try to log into your Spotify account on a different mobile device? That way I can isolate the issue. 

Keep me posted on what happens! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Doesn't happen on another mobile device. 😕

Hey @tzexin7chew

Could you try activating and deactivating the notifications from the phone settings to check if that makes any difference? 

Also, can you let me know when this started exactly (like did it happen after a specific event on the phone, or after a phone or app update)?

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Still have 2 notifications after disabling and enabling the notifications again.

This only happened after I changed my phone I guess? I only got this phone about a month ago. 

Suggested posts