[UPDATED 13/02/15] [HTC M8 on T-Mobile] [HELP] Information request

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: [HTC M8 on T-Mobile] [HELP] Information request

ddkurowski
Regular

From what i've seen, it's forcing it back to the default APN because the settings of your custom APN are not correct.

Basically the settings on your custom APN need to mimic your factory default APN exactly except for the APN protocol, that just needs to be set to IPv4/IPv6. Save that and you should be able to switch to the new APN and it should stay connected to it.

I might suggest the steps be updated, all settings are correct except for the APN Type, for my it was "default,mms,supl,admin,hipri" without the quotes.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

joeysgig
Casual Listener

Thanks ddkurowski!  The APN Type solution worked...at least for now.  I'll report back in a week or so to verify that the custom APN change has stuck.

jus_brad

Spotify has not worked for nearly two months on my One M8. I've called T-Mobile & HTC and no one has figured out how to get spotify to work. I've swapped sim cards, uninstalled, a number of restarts, I've tried to change the APN but its locked onto IPV6. This has been frustrating! 

Nikaloz
Music Fan
When you get the black screen close Spotify. Drop down your menu turn off the the mobile data. Open spotify and see if it loads. If it does turn mobile data back on. Let me know.

ddkurowski
Regular

did you basically put in the settings EXACTLY like it is on the default APN? as long as the settings are correct is should stay on the custom APN and run ipv4/ipv6

imoningka

Thanks ddkurowski, changing the APN type allowed it to work.  I agree with your suggestion that the steps should be updated.

Nikaloz
Music Fan
ddkurowski it seems to have worked fir me as well. doing it EXACTLY as the default APN makes it not default back. That includes spaces and everything. Might do the trick maan! Thanks!

Daniel
Community Legend

@ddkurowski wrote:

From what i've seen, it's forcing it back to the default APN because the settings of your custom APN are not correct.

Basically the settings on your custom APN need to mimic your factory default APN exactly except for the APN protocol, that just needs to be set to IPv4/IPv6. Save that and you should be able to switch to the new APN and it should stay connected to it.

I might suggest the steps be updated, all settings are correct except for the APN Type, for my it was "default,mms,supl,admin,hipri" without the quotes.

Hope this helps!

Hi, I don;t have a T-Mobile US device so got the APN details directly from T-Mobile's site. Thanks for this info, I've updated my post now. So this is working for you is it?

Can you let me know all of your APN settings and also the software version you have on your phone? 3.x.x.x?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Upset
Gig Goer

I got this email yesterday - 

Around 12pm PST would work well for us if that's good for you too. Could you please send over the best number to call on at this time?

I spoke again to David from our Android team, he's been looking into this and has asked if we could gather a little extra information: Would you be able visit the website "test-ipv6.com" from the browser on your phone and make a note of the results?  Once you have those, could you install the "Ipv6 and More" app from Google Play, and send us a screen capture of the two tabs "My v6" and "Health"?

If you have trouble with any of this then don't worry, we can go through over the phone tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Sent the screen shots, but missed their call today as I was on a conference call. Supposed to talk to them tomorrow morning...

Upset
Gig Goer

It's useless. I talked to them. They didn't do anything - wasted my time more than anything else.

Couldnt speak to why no one from upper mgmt was talking or communicating.

SUCH BULL.

SUGGESTED POSTS