Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

discover for android?

i read the thread about discover in the announcements forum and it seems to be coming and going for desktop users, but i have no discover in current spotify 1.7.0.830 for android running on android 4.4.4 samsung s5.

• Visitor
  • i read the thread about discover in the announcements forum and it seems to be coming and going for desktop users, but i have no discover in current spotify 1.7.0.830 for android running on android 4...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Potential paywall issue with album shuffle for free users...

I understand being a free user comes with some paywalls and limitations, but I have noted that if I select a particular album from an artist, that the shuffle brings in content from other albums while I am listening. I don't mind the commercials. I u...

• Casual Listener
  • I understand being a free user comes with some paywalls and limitations, but I have noted that if I select a particular album from an artist, that the shuffle brings in content from other albums whil...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

General Problems with Android 4.4 KitKat

Hey everyone, i am still experiencing problems when trying to run Spotify APP on any Android 4.4.X version. Problems are for example: -App does not download -App freezes -App drains battery rapidly -App makes phone run hot Is there any fix for any of...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone,   i am still experiencing problems when trying to run Spotify APP on any Android 4.4.X version. Problems are for example: -App does not download -App freezes -App drain...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing after start

Hello, every time I want to start Spotify on Android 4.4.2. it crashes. I can't access anything, because I don't come so far. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Spotify didn't work. I am using a Galaxy S4 mini.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   every time I want to start Spotify on Android 4.4.2. it crashes. I can't access anything, because I don't come so far. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Spotify didn't work. I am us...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing music

I just downloaded Spotify on my computer and to my Android phone. This may seem like a stupid question, but how do I play my music on the phone? The shuffle play button comes up, but doesn't play what I have downloaded, it plays songs based on what I...

• Casual Listener
  • I just downloaded Spotify on my computer and to my Android phone.  This may seem like a stupid question, but how do I play my music on the phone?  The shuffle play button comes up, but does...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Horrible Glitchy Buzzes while streaming from Nexus 5 via headphone socket

Streaming music from Spotify on my Nexus 5 (fully up to date o/s and Spotify) via the headphone socket (into my HiFi amp) produces random glitchy / mobile-phone interference type noises every couple of minutes! It doesn't happen with downloaded track...

• Casual Listener
  • Streaming music from Spotify on my Nexus 5 (fully up to date o/s and Spotify) via the headphone socket (into my HiFi amp) produces random glitchy / mobile-phone interference type noises every couple ...
  • SirSid
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Own Music doesnt play offline

Hello if I want to listen to my own music offline that I added from the pc, the songs run through but there is no sound. But is my phone connected with a Bluetooth adapter, it works fine.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   if I want to listen to my own music offline that I added from the pc, the songs run through but there is no sound. But is my phone connected with a Bluetooth adapter, it works fine.&...
  • 149er
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Lock screen issue

I use a Motorola G 2nd Gen and the lock screen partly works for me, in that I see buttons and album art. However if I pause spotify from the lock screen and come back to it a couple of mins later the widget has disapeared and I have to unlock the pho...

• Music Fan
  • I use a Motorola G 2nd Gen and the lock screen partly works for me, in that I see buttons and album art. However if I pause spotify from the lock screen and come back to it a couple of mins later the...
  • leeanded
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app downloading, already downloaded songs.

=== START OF TEMPLATE === Description Every day I get home on my WiFi, my spotify app starts to download songs that I have already downloaded, more than once. It does it about everytime the app is launched when I am on WiFi, it's almost always same s...

• Regular
  •  === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Every day I get home on my WiFi, my spotify app starts to download songs that I have already downloaded, more than once. It does it about ever...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get stared music list back??

I've lost my complete favorites list , I don't know why! How to get back that songs? ?

• Visitor
  • I've lost my complete favorites list , I don't know why! How to get back that songs? ?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Clear play queue

Where is the Clear queue button on the Android app? I've seen several topics with workarounds that work for a while but I want it as a feature! Just cancelled my Premium subscription until the option to clear the queue magically appears.

• Where is the Clear queue button on the Android app? I've seen several topics with workarounds that work for a while but I want it as a feature!   Just cancelled my Premium subscription until...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet?!?

Spotify is telling me to connect to the internet but I am connected. Its saying days before you have to go online 6. What does this mean and how do I get connected again?

• Spotify is telling me to connect to the internet but I am connected. Its saying days before you have to go online 6. What does this mean and how do I get connected again?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Android Bug?

So sometimes the app doesn't want to display the play/pause button at the bottom of the screen when scrolling through other playlists or the app in general. In order to pause my music I have to exit the app, drag down the pull down menu at my home sc...

• Regular
  • So sometimes the app doesn't want to display the play/pause button at the bottom of the screen when scrolling through other playlists or the app in general. In order to pause my music I have to exit ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify force close...

on Dell Venue 8 (android) when tap on search results...

• on Dell Venue 8 (android) when tap on search results...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Play local music

Just downloaded version 1.6.0.952.The app doesn't play local music. The app has no notion of local music regardless of what is written here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/2239 or https://support.spo...

• Just downloaded version 1.6.0.952.The app doesn't play local music. The app has no notion of local music regardless of what is written here:   http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapa...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Your Music
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Minimums / Shuffles

I'm Spotify Free user. I know that you can listen to you Playlists/Artists on Shuffle for free on the mobile app, but I'm curious as to how it works. I wanted to listen to an Artist on Shuffle, but they had less thatn 15 songs, so it started playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm Spotify Free user.  I know that you can listen to you Playlists/Artists on Shuffle for free on the mobile app, but I'm curious as to how it works.  I wanted to listen to an Artist on Sh...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disabling Spotify Connect

I'm not sure when Spotify Connect was implimented but it is only bringing me frustration and driving up my data. I listen to spotify on my PC at work, and on my cell phone on the go. Now, when I play spotify at work, it is constantly streaming the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not sure when Spotify Connect was implimented but it is only bringing me frustration and driving up my data. I listen to spotify on my PC at work, and on my cell phone on the go. Now, when I play...
  • mucinexd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

my spotify premium

I put in the code that i bought at best buy and it says its not valid. And theres no customer support line. Why did spotify steal my 30 dollars

• Casual Listener
  • I put in the code that i bought at best buy and it says its not valid. And theres no customer support line. Why did spotify steal my 30 dollars
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mobile randomly starts playing in my car

I have my mobile phone paired with the Bluetooth radio on my Jeep. When I get into my Jeep and the devices connect, Spotify will randomly connect and start playing over Bluetooth. But, it will randomly start and stop playing. If I close the Spotify a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have my mobile phone paired with the Bluetooth radio on my Jeep.  When I get into my Jeep and the devices connect, Spotify will randomly connect and start playing over Bluetooth.  But, it...
  • AshR
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

unfortunately, spotify has stopped

This is the message I received when trying to open spotify. Then it freezes my phone for a few seconds and will display the message about 3 times after I pressed okay each time. I have reported it a couple times too

• This is the message I received when trying to open spotify. Then it freezes my phone for a few seconds and will display the message about 3 times after I pressed okay each time. I have reported it a...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes