Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect

Much like many other posts here - please give us a way of disabling Spotify connect. My phone and desktop are very different things and places - it's *horribly* frustrating when I've carefully chosen and queued a handful of 'work' albums on my deskto...

• Music Fan
  • Much like many other posts here - please give us a way of disabling Spotify connect. My phone and desktop are very different things and places - it's *horribly* frustrating when I've carefully chosen...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Headphone error

Hello, I have a nexus 4. When I plug in my headphones to listen to spotify, goodle's speak-to-dial starts up and randomly comes on over and over again. but only when the headphones are plugged in. It seems to only happen when I am out and about Londo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have a nexus 4. When I plug in my headphones to listen to spotify, goodle's speak-to-dial starts up and randomly comes on over and over again. but only when the headphones are plu...
  • mmm_Waffles
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

stop updating

We don't need or care for new features! You guys update one thing and **bleep** up another! Just stop! Now I can't share files via text messages with iOS devices! Also, I can't see or add friends within the app! You guys sure do know how to **bleep**...

• Regular
  • We don't need or care for new features! You guys update one thing and **bleep** up another! Just stop! Now I can't share files via text messages with iOS devices! Also, I can't see or add friends wit...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio doesnt work with premium

Hi, hi i have premium.account but when i try to run radio on my Google Nexus 7 it keeps logging me out of service. I have already reinstalled apication, restarted tablet few Times but it doesnt work. Thanks for help and sorry for my bad English.

• Hi, hi i have premium.account but when i try to run radio on my Google Nexus 7 it keeps logging me out of service. I have already reinstalled apication, restarted tablet few Times but it doesnt work....
  • Tim80
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! no sound

When I choose to play a song or shuffle my playlists the song is playing but no sound is produced. I have to tap the song repeatedly until it works properly. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • When I choose to play a song or shuffle my playlists the song is playing but no sound is produced. I have to tap the song repeatedly until it works properly. Please help!
  • jambed666
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Did anyone tried Ford Sync Applink?

Hi, I recently bought a Ford Fiesta KD SE from Brazil (I am argentinian and those cars comes from Brazil) and noticed that the Ford Sync Applink for spotify only works with iOS.Now, at the version 1.6, is available for android. I ran so fast to the c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently bought a Ford Fiesta KD SE from Brazil (I am argentinian and those cars comes from Brazil) and noticed that the Ford Sync Applink for spotify only works with iOS. Now, at the version ...
  • FYGonzalo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! android doesn't show connect icon

i have spotify premium, desktop version 0.9.4.13 and mobile android version 0.7.1.399 both are connected to my home wifi but when i am in the now playing screen on my phone i do not see an icon to connect to the desktop spotify. both are running usin...

• Casual Listener
  • i have spotify premium, desktop version 0.9.4.13 and mobile android version 0.7.1.399   both are connected to my home wifi but when i am in the now playing screen on my phone i do not see an...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify connect remote
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove connection pc android

Hi! after an ugrade the songs I stream from my PC also stream on my android. I have not set up this feature and want no connection whatsoever between my phone and my PC. I have tried to look here how to disconnect this connection but can't find how t...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi! after an ugrade the songs I stream from my PC also stream on my android. I have not set up this feature and want no connection whatsoever between my phone and my PC. I have tried to look here how...
  • gf4
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify + soundhound

http://www.spotify.com/de/blog/archives/2011/08/25/discover-with-soundhound-play-on-spotify/ was this function removed in the new version of the app?

• Visitor
  • http://www.spotify.com/de/blog/archives/2011/08/25/discover-with-soundhound-play-on-spotify/   was this function removed in the new version of the app? 
  • Nacoc
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Causing my galaxy s4 to restart

I had been having issues with my device restarting., and getting a notification that Spotify had stopped working even when I wasn't using it, nor was it running in the background. I tried everything to troubleshoot the phone itself but nothing would ...

• Regular
  • I had been having issues with my device restarting., and getting a notification that Spotify had stopped working even when I wasn't using it, nor was it running in the background. I tried everything ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 5>>> Spotify stopped working!! Please Help!

i have a Nexus 5 and have been a premium user for a long time. Haven't had much problem with the app but today after update from playstore ,spotify would tell me it stopped working after i click on the icon. I browesed most of the solutions available...

• Casual Listener
  • i have a Nexus 5 and have been a premium user for a long time.   Haven't had much problem with the app but today after update from playstore ,spotify would tell me it stopped working af...
  • flightkb
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Please Allow to Disable Connect: Uses Mobile Data

I do not have Wi-Fi in my work office, so I leave my phone's mobile data on during the day. I would like to be able to disable Spotify Connect so that it doesn't use data when I'm only listening to it on my work computer. It's kind of pointless for m...

• Visitor
  • I do not have Wi-Fi in my work office, so I leave my phone's mobile data on during the day. I would like to be able to disable Spotify Connect so that it doesn't use data when I'm only listening to i...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

**Potential fix"** Local files will not sync.

*The solution did in the end turn out to be the anti-virus, despite altering all the neccesary settings it still seemed to block access - yet not the spotify-remote function for some strange reason. Which almsot lead me to belivie it was a flaw in th...

• Casual Listener
  • *The solution did in the end turn out to be the anti-virus, despite altering all the neccesary settings it still seemed to block access - yet not the spotify-remote function for some strange reason. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't stay online - HTC One M8 T-Mobile US

I have always had intermittent issues with Spotify not connecting to the internet when every other app on my phone could. Recently they have become constant - Spotify thinks there's no internet connection at all; if I log out I can't log back in; the...

• Casual Listener
  • I have always had intermittent issues with Spotify not connecting to the internet when every other app on my phone could. Recently they have become constant - Spotify thinks there's no internet conne...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Why does Spotify say that there is no Internet connection available when there is one (Samsung S4)

I have a Galaxy S4 with the latest updates and most recent Spotify, premium account. I can stream all day on wi-fi, but as soon as I am back on the mobile network things go south. One song plays then Spotify stops. If I try to pick another song (in a...

• Regular
  • I have a Galaxy S4 with the latest updates and most recent Spotify, premium account. I can stream all day on wi-fi, but as soon as I am back on the mobile network things go south. One song plays then...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Galaxy S3 doesn't find any playlists or songs

Hello, I recently upgraded to Premium, afterwards my pc was still containing the same playlists etc but suddenly my phone asked for a relog which I did. Now after I relogged, everything disappeared and Spotify can't find any playlists or songs.. Weir...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I recently upgraded to Premium, afterwards my pc was still containing the same playlists etc but suddenly my phone asked for a relog which I did. Now after I relogged, everything ...
  • TGol
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Taskbar at the bottom disappear after upgrade, also lock screen controls disappear - part 2

I posted this yesterday. Got the advice to clear all app data and this solved it.. .. For ten hours. No the same problem again. Any advice? Many thanks! "After upgrading to 1.6.0.952 there are issues with three things: - the lock screen spotify contr...

• Gig Goer
  • I posted this yesterday. Got the advice to clear all app data and this solved it.. .. For ten hours. No the same problem again. Any advice? Many thanks! "After upgrading to 1.6.0.952 there ar...
  • flunknewstead
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.4.2
    bug report
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I play a song from my desktop app and have it play through my android app?

Is there anyway to choose a song on my desktop spotify and have it play to my adroid app? The reverse is quite simple, but there doesn't seem to be a way to choose a playback device from the desktop version.

• Is there anyway to choose a song on my desktop spotify and have it play to my adroid app? The reverse is quite simple, but there doesn't seem to be a way to choose a playback device from the desktop ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Se cortan las canciones

Se cortan las canciones al escucharlas en el telefono con 3G. Soy de argenbtina... Tengo suscripcion "PREMIUM"... Me doy de baja o solucionan el problema ??

• Casual Listener
  • Se cortan las canciones al escucharlas en el telefono con 3G. Soy de argenbtina... Tengo suscripcion "PREMIUM"...   Me doy de baja o solucionan el problema ??
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app does not start up

Hello, since a week or so, my spotify app on my phone will not start up. At least, it will start a black screen with the spotfy logo in the top left corner and then the app dies. I already tries reinstalling it a few times, but it does not make any d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   since a week or so, my spotify app on my phone will not start up. At least, it will start a black screen with the spotfy logo in the top left corner and then the app dies. I already...
  • shobbel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes