Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

account says free service but paying premium.

since getting the new Android I have not been able to use Spotify Premium service. It says that I only have the free service. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I can also no longer access my playlists and the radio option is not working ple...

• Casual Listener
  • since getting the new Android I have not been able to use Spotify Premium service. It says that I only have the free service. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I can also no longer access m...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums will no longer stay saved to "your music"

I'm using an iphone 4S, ios 6.1.3 and about a week ago albums stopped saving to "your music." I've deleted and reinstalled the app twice.The same thing is happening on my iPad Air 1, latest iOS. Haven't tried on my MacBook.What gives?Premium account,...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using an iphone 4S, ios 6.1.3 and about a week ago albums stopped saving to "your music." I've deleted and reinstalled the app twice. The same thing is happening on my iPad Air 1, latest iOS. ...
  • verlin_benge
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung s5 and Spotify fail

HiI have a samsung s5 and spotify has stopped working on it. I have cruised the forum and tried the following with no success:Uninstall and then reinstallUninstall, remove sd card and then reinstallUninstall, browse file folders and delete and reinst...

• Hi I have a samsung s5 and spotify has stopped working on it. I have cruised the forum and tried the following with no success: Uninstall and then reinstall Uninstall, remove sd card and then rein...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can hear Ipod music but not Spotify

I play my music thru a receiver with the wires plugged into the audio in/out of the back of the receiver. I can hear my Ipod playing music. I can't hear Spotify on my Samsung SM-T110 tablet. I can hear Spotify play music when no wires are attached to...

• Regular
  • I play my music thru a receiver with the wires plugged into the audio in/out of the back of the receiver.  I can hear my Ipod playing music.  I can't hear Spotify on my Samsung SM-T110 tabl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify for android app says offline and is slow

when I open Spotify often times it says offline and takes a good minute or two to go back online. the app also intermittently does this while in use.seems as though online searches also take quite a bit of time overall the app has gotten very slow

• Visitor
  • when I open Spotify often times it says offline and takes a good minute or two to go back online. the app also intermittently does this while in use.seems as though online searches also take quite a ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

won't load new artists on my android phone

I have an htc m7 running 4.4.2. Recently I have run into a problem when I go to see what new music has come out on Tuesday, and only a few of the new albums will load. Otherwise, there is just a green spinning loading symbol. It has been doing this f...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an htc m7 running 4.4.2. Recently I have run into a problem when I go to see what new music has come out on Tuesday, and only a few of the new albums will load. Otherwise, there is just a gre...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in

I can't log in to spotify on my app. I have a facebook profile and when I click the log in to facebook button, the app takes me to a facebook login page. Once I'm here, I try to type in the "Email or Phone" box and I cannot click inside it. My keyboa...

• I can't log in to spotify on my app. I have a facebook profile and when I click the log in to facebook button, the app takes me to a facebook login page. Once I'm here, I try to type in the "Email or...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files will not download to phone.

I have a few files saved on my computer that I would like to add to Spotify and listen to them elsewhere on my phone. I know I have done this in the past. For some reason, I cannot get it to work. Spotify locates and plays the files fine on my comput...

• I have a few files saved on my computer that I would like to add to Spotify and listen to them elsewhere on my phone. I know I have done this in the past.   For some reason, I cannot get it ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist on repeat

Got Spoitfy on laptop and can put a playlist of loop no problemsInstalled Spotify on mobile and I can NOT see anywhere the loop symbol so I can loop a playlist! Can anyone help/advise, the only thing going loopy is me!

• Casual Listener
  • Got Spoitfy on laptop and can put a playlist of loop no problems Installed Spotify on mobile and I can NOT see anywhere the loop symbol so I can loop a playlist! Can anyone help/advise, the on...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline listening with tracks queued on desktop app being queued on android app.

Im have premium account. Use spotify on both my work and home desktops and on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I noticed a problem. I usually walk to work while listening to my playlists on my phone in offline mode. Then once im at work i switch to my work desk...

• Music Fan
  • Im have premium account. Use spotify on both my work and home desktops and on my Samsung Galaxy S4.   I noticed a problem. I usually walk to work while listening to my playlists on my phone ...
  • Vilkra
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I prevent promotional notifications?

I just received the following notification on both my phone and tablet: "Now the whole band can play. Get 50% off Premium for your family." This is the first advertisement I've received on Android but I also want it to be the last. Any way to disable...

• Music Fan
  • I just received the following notification on both my phone and tablet:   "Now the whole band can play. Get 50% off Premium for your family."   This is the first advertisement I've ...
  • ErnieBennie
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Note to Spotify staff re: Marketing Alerts

This is a polite note to Spotify staff that the android alerts mechanism is not there for you to market your products to me. I've disabled all alerts for Spotify now, which is a crude method and denies the spotify app the ability to send genuine aler...

• Casual Listener
  •   This is a polite note to Spotify staff that the android alerts mechanism is not there for you to market your products to me. I've disabled all alerts for Spotify now, which is a cr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have new celphone, how to transfer my music?

hi, i buy new cellphone (android) but i dont know how transfer my misic from the old cellphone (android), idont have playlist, only albums (4000 songs), i need my new cellphone with my music, how i do? (i have premium account) best regards

• hi, i buy new cellphone (android) but i dont know how transfer my misic from the old cellphone (android), idont have playlist, only albums (4000 songs), i need my new cellphone with my music, how i d...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play the song i want!

I can only play random songs,many people said that you need to upgrade to premium or have a tablet,but i've got friends that can choose any song they want without being premium or having a tablet.I have the Moto G.

• Casual Listener
  • I can only play random songs,many people said that you need to upgrade to premium or have a tablet,but i've got friends that can choose any song they want without being premium or having a tablet.I h...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Spotify app uses data while app is not in use

Hi I recently found this forum and have been looking around a bit. I couldn't find anything on this subject, but I might have been looking in the wrong places. So sorry if that is the case. I have spotify on my android phone (HTC one S), and I have h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi 🙂   I recently found this forum and have been looking around a bit. I couldn't find anything on this subject, but I might have been looking in the wrong places. So sorry if that is the c...
  • TangoTiger
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music playback stops suddenly; Spotify App very unstable

When I start playback on my phone, it will work fine for a couple of minutes, but then it crashes. The app doesn't force close or something you would think of now; in fact, only the part of the app responsible for playback seems to crash. When it hap...

• Gig Goer
  • When I start playback on my phone, it will work fine for a couple of minutes, but then it crashes. The app doesn't force close or something you would think of now; in fact, only the part of the app r...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

How to stop Spotify from downloading all music?

Ok I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and got Spotify Premium to download one playlist to listen to in my car. My problem is it is making me download all of my music instead of this one playlist. Can anyone tell me how to just download one playlist???

• Ok I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and got Spotify Premium to download one playlist to listen to in my car. My problem is it is making me download all of my music instead of this one playlist. Can anyone ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files on mobile

Hi! Can I sync my music on mobile with spotify? And how? Thanks for the answer!

• Regular
  • Hi! Can I sync my music on mobile with spotify? And how? Thanks for the answer!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Mobile
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot remove songs

I upgraded to Premium today, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app so that songs would download on my SD card. However, I am having a very annoying problem. Under the Songs tab, I am trying to remove songs so that when I click "Available Offline",...

• Music Fan
  • I upgraded to Premium today, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app so that songs would download on my SD card.  However, I am having a very annoying problem.  Under the Songs tab, I am t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Different songs on the same playlist depending on which device I am using

Just as the title says, my playlist has different songs on the same exact playlist on different devices. On my Desktop Application, I have songs like Prom Night by Amanaguchi and Back Home by Proleter but, these songs don't appear on my mobile device...

• Just as the title says, my playlist has different songs on the same exact playlist on different devices. On my Desktop Application, I have songs like Prom Night by Amanaguchi and Back Home by Prolete...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    devices
    Mobile
    Playlists
    syncing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes