Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to get spotify

Solved!

Unable to get spotify

Okay, so recentley my spotify hasn't been downloading the rest of the songs on my starred playlist. So I looked around the forum and tried a solution where I deleted the cache and uninstalled spotify and restarted my phone. Here is where the new problem comes in. Because I live in china, and I bought a real motorola phone in China (dumbest mistake I've ever made in my life), this means that I cannot acces google play, because it is not embedded into the system, and there is no way for me to add a Google Play account (trust me, I've tried billions and billions of times). But I've always acquired spotify on my phone previously manually through the website m.spotify.com. However, this time it doesn't seem to work, because it just redirects me to the official website, spotify.se (and bare in mind that I am trying to access m.spotify.com through my android browser). So now there seems to be no way for me to get spotify back and I still have a lot of time left on my spotify premium. This is very disappointing but I hope that the Spotify Staff has a fix for this. I love music and can't go a day without it, and to have to switch program would be a huge disappointment since I've been a costumer of Spotify for a long time.

Ps. It would be great if you guys could send me the APK file manually somehow so I can recieve no my phone and install it directly like that.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have just been playing around with links, what happens if you point your mobile browser to:

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Unfortunately, m.spotify.com has been removed - this has been reported.

It is also against the terms to redistribute the client(s) 😞

Well, okay, but is there a solution? As I mentioned before, I still have a lot of premium time, and not being able to use it on the phone is just a huge waste....

Marked as solution

I have just been playing around with links, what happens if you point your mobile browser to:

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Peter

Peter

It's a good idea, and I tried it but it said ''access denied''. So I just transfered the file manually from my computer to the phone, and it worked perfectly! I am currently redownloading my playlists (not complaining about the time required to redownload them, just happy I have spotify back). Thank you so much for the help! 🙂

Suddenly, today I am unable to get on Spotify. I have a Premium account and nothing works, not my password, log ins, emails nothing. It simply wont let me get on.

@danadug wrote:

Suddenly, today I am unable to get on Spotify. I have a Premium account and nothing works, not my password, log ins, emails nothing. It simply wont let me get on.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What error message are you getting?

Peter

Peter

I used to have Spotify and enjoy it.  Now, I suddenly am not able to access it.  I only use Firefox 12.0.  Before I even try to get Spotify or establish a new account, I get the message "Your browser is not supported."  When I go to Safari, my only other browser, and try the only two e-mails I have, I get the messages "that e-mail is already taken."  How on earth can I get Spotify without jumping through so many frustrating hoops?  Or even getting it at all, never mind the frustrating hoops?

@blindheim123 wrote:

I only use Firefox 12.0.  Before I even try to get Spotify, I get the message "Your browser is not supported."  When I go to Safari, my only other browser, and try the only two e-mails I have, I get the messages "that e-mail is already taken."  How on earth can I get Spotify without jumping through so many frustrating hoops?  Or even getting it at all, never mind the frustrating hoops?

Hey 🙂 

If those email addresses are already taken, what happens if you try and reset the password for that email address on the password reset page

Peter

Peter

I am new to Spotify.  I downloaded it for the first time recently on my computer at work.  I am now trying to download it onto my home computer so that I can use Spotify both at home and at work.  When trying to download at home for the first time, I get the error message "cant download".  How can I have Spotify at both locations using my only email address.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Ps. I don't even know where to post this meassage so have tried it here.  Rdgs Nick

If you are a new subscriber, you will have registered using your facebook credentials, not an email address. Just use the same credentials at home and you should be fine.

Hi Joe, Thanks for the reply and advice.  Yes, when signing up for the first time at work, there was the option of using either Facebook or email address and I chose the latter.  I shall now attempt to sign up at home with facebook.  Am looking forward to using Spotify - what a great way to listen to music.  Cheers for now.  Rdgs  Nick

Suggested posts