Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to upgrade Spotify Premium while abroad

Solved!

Unable to upgrade Spotify Premium while abroad

Hi

I am currently abroad on Vacation in Vietnam.  When I tried to use Spotify it prompted me to upgrade the application, however I am not now gettting an error saying that Spotify is not supported in Vietnam.  I am not stuck in a position where I cannot use Spotify at all, as it is prompting me to upgrade, but at the same time it won't work in Vietnam.

I am currently subscribed to Spotify Premium and I have a HTC Andriod device.  Spotify is currently uselss to me as I cannot use it on my vacation.

Any help on how to overcome this issue or roll back to pevious version would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be able to download the new app manually using the "manual" option on this page on your device:
https://m.spotify.com/uk/?group=android

Be aware, unfortunately you with the new update you will need to re-sync your offline playlists.

Once you get home, be sure to swap back to the Google Play version so you get automatic updates.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The problem is that you can't access the new app in Play from Vietnam as it isn't available there. If you connect through a VPN you should be able to download and install. Alternatively try downloading the .apk from m.spotify.com - you'll need to go to android/settings/security and enable "unknown sources" to install it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @ollie398, welcome to the community!

Can you verify that you have a subscription still here. Make sure you are logging in with the same account as on your mobile device. If you have a subscription you should not be prompted to upgrade even if you are travelling out of country. 

[Edit] Refer to Peter's reply. I misread your message. Sorry!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Marked as solution

You should be able to download the new app manually using the "manual" option on this page on your device:
https://m.spotify.com/uk/?group=android

Be aware, unfortunately you with the new update you will need to re-sync your offline playlists.

Once you get home, be sure to swap back to the Google Play version so you get automatic updates.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

The problem is that you can't access the new app in Play from Vietnam as it isn't available there. If you connect through a VPN you should be able to download and install. Alternatively try downloading the .apk from m.spotify.com - you'll need to go to android/settings/security and enable "unknown sources" to install it.

Thanks Guys

Was able to manually download and install the version direct from spotify website and got going again!

Oliver

Suggested posts