Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When viewing a video podcast in the app on my tablet, I cannot put it in full screen mode while in landscape orientation.

Horizontally, the video only stretches across half the screen, so it's really small. If I'm in portrait mode, I see the full screen button, but pressing this simply flips it back into the "half screen" horizontal mode. Please see attached screenshot to see the issue.

I'm pretty sure this used to work. Is it a bug or intended behavior? If the latter, why aren't we allowed to watch video podcasts in full screen? It's extremely annoying.

Please check the screenshot and let me know how this can be fixed. Note how there is a thick line dividing the screen in half, and the video only stretches to this line. Why would anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220819-101150_Spotify.jpg
41 Replies

I am currently running the latest version from the Play Store, version 8.7.44.968. Screenshot is attached.

photo_2022-07-02_19-55-28.jpg

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info sent.

We want to inform you that the relevant team is already aware of this issue and investigating further to fix it as soon as possible. Any updates would be posted in this same thread.

We appreciate the time you took reporting this issue, and for your patience.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab s7+

Operating System

Android 12 (OneUI 4.1)

My Question or Issue

For a little while now (a few months or so) when using Spotify on my Samsung Tab s7+ and in landscape, the music controls are squished really close together on the right-hand side of the screen. (see attachment). I have reset the app multiple times, uninstalled, cleared all data, everything. I was in a chat session with a Spotify rep about 2 months ago and they did not have a fix, but were aware of the issue. Is this only a Galaxy Tab issue, or is this on all tablets? Interestingly enough, on my Z Fold 3, the controls appear fine no matter how I have the device oriented, and it is recognized as a "tablet" in the software.

Screenshot_20220719-051418_Spotify.jpg

Hey @KandD08,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This is indeed a strange experience. You mentioned you've tried reinstalling the app already, but could you give the steps on this page a go and try again, just to make sure you're doing a clean reinstall? 

Does the app behave the same if you use a different account on the tablet? If so, is it possible for you to reset the tablet to its factory settings?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I have the same issue on the same device!

Screenshot_20220721-121235_Spotify.png

Hi there @01qwasa10,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We'd like to take a closer look into this.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that's provided above?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

TaKe care ๐Ÿ™‚

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, I have performed a clean reinstalled and it is still the same. 

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab s7+

Operating System

Android 12 (OneUI 4.1)

Spotify Version

I have clear all ap data and the cashe, force-stopped the application, and fully uninstalled the app a few times. The problem does not go away. When speaking to a spotify rep, they gave me access to a test account after the reinstall and it was still an issue. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that the right teams are aware of this happening and are currently looking into it. We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

EniModerator

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

I also have a Tab S7+ and I have the same bug mentioned here since several months...

I also tried everything that was mentionend in the post before mine. It's quite annoying, so please fix it. It wasn't always like this.

โ€ƒ

Screenshot_20220808-192124_Spotify.jpg

Hey @MrKnitler,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info shared ๐Ÿ™‚

Can you let us know the exact OS version of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed? We'll pass this info to our tech folks.

We'll keep an eye on your response.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

I'm seeing the same behaviour on my Samsung Tab S8+ (see screenshot attached). Android 12, Spotify app-version: 8.7.54.403. 

IMG_20220814_214301_895.jpg

Hey @jdjta

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for sharing your info with us, we've passed it to the team in charge. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

Have a good one ๐Ÿ™‚

EniModerator

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

me too,The strange thing is when I use split screen mode, the display is correct

Copied_Item_1660926434818.png

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab s7+

Operating System

Android 12 (OneUI 4.1)

Spotify Version

Hey @Ask_,

Thanks for sharing the device information. We've relayed it to the tech team.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hey @Pizzacore,

Thank you for bringing this up!
Our tech folks are currently looking into it ๐Ÿ™‚
We'll let you know as soon as anything new comes up.

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. It definitely worked in full screen for a long time and randomly sometime in May stopped working. Went back and forth spotify support for awhile and they ended up basically telling me they were out of ideas and to cross my fingers for a future miracle. It is an extreme inconvenience when it comes to watching podxasts on my tablet. 

Interesting! I recently talked to support (in chat) and they said they were
looking into it as several people had reported it.

Suggested posts