Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When viewing a video podcast in the app on my tablet, I cannot put it in full screen mode while in landscape orientation.

Horizontally, the video only stretches across half the screen, so it's really small. If I'm in portrait mode, I see the full screen button, but pressing this simply flips it back into the "half screen" horizontal mode. Please see attached screenshot to see the issue.

I'm pretty sure this used to work. Is it a bug or intended behavior? If the latter, why aren't we allowed to watch video podcasts in full screen? It's extremely annoying.

Please check the screenshot and let me know how this can be fixed. Note how there is a thick line dividing the screen in half, and the video only stretches to this line. Why would anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220819-101150_Spotify.jpg
13 Replies

Hey @Pizzacore,

Thank you for bringing this up!
Our tech folks are currently looking into it 🙂
We'll let you know as soon as anything new comes up.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. It definitely worked in full screen for a long time and randomly sometime in May stopped working. Went back and forth spotify support for awhile and they ended up basically telling me they were out of ideas and to cross my fingers for a future miracle. It is an extreme inconvenience when it comes to watching podxasts on my tablet. 

Interesting! I recently talked to support (in chat) and they said they were
looking into it as several people had reported it.

Hi @Vasil,

Any update on this? It's a really annoying bug and seems to br affecting a lot of users. 

When will the fix be available? 

Thanks! 

Very frustrating bug, or at least I hope it's a big because it's a pretty terrible user experience.

Yeah the issue popped up around sometime in May. Always worked perfect for me prior so not like its always been there. 

Still crickets from the Spotify help squad? 

Yep.. 

Mine works!! Not sure why or how but i have full screen. First time since May.

Nice! Will need to try later. Thanks for the heads up. 

Let me know. I had one of those typical issues where the pod is playing but showing a grey screen (another one of spotifys numerous issues). I closed all my apps and pulled it back up and it was full. 

Hey folks,

Does anyone still experience this issue? If yes, please check if you've enabled any custom themes or 3rd party launchers on your phone and try disabling them to see if it resolves the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nope, since recently full screen is working again!

Suggested posts