Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to view queue on Android

Unable to view queue on Android

Plan - Premium Individual

Country - UK

Device - Pixel 7 / iPhone XR / Macbook Pro 2019

Operating System - Android 13 / iOS 16.1.2 / macOS Monterey 12.6.1 

My Question or Issue

Often when I finish listening to a playlist, a new playlist will start automatically, however I cannot view this queue on my Android phone. The button is greyed out. I can still add songs to the queue. Yet, I can view the queue on my iPhone and Macbook. I don't see why it would be disabled on one OS but enabled on others.

android.png
mac.png
iphone.png
5 Replies

Additional screenshot showing the queue on iPhone

iphone.png

Hey @uchechie,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

In this case, we'd recommend to reinstall the app in your Android phone to check if you notice any difference, By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps to do it here.

If that doesn't do the trick, just to confirm, is this happening just when you're listening to a radio or does it happen no matter what content you're playing? Is the queue appearing in your Android phone when playing your playlists?

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

This is occurring on a brand new phone, so I have essentially reinstalled the app cleanly. It also happened on my old Android phone.

It does not always happen, if I'm listening to one of my own playlists or radio, then I can see the queue. It usually happens when the playlist finishes and then Spotify starts to play music related to the playlist.

I am not sure when it started, but it has been happening for quite some time, both on my current (new) phone and my older phone.

Hey there @uchechie

Thanks for your reply. 

We can confirm that this is expected behavior of the app. The Autoplay feature creates a Radio based on the music you were previously listening to. While the Autoplay Radio is active, the Shuffle, Repeat and Queue features are disabled on the mobile app, however, adding songs to the queue is still possible, like you pointed out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

Also, you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

How come the queue is only disabled on the android mobile app and not the iOS mobile app?

Suggested posts