Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Mobile data while reproducing in PC

Solved!

Using Mobile data while reproducing in PC

Hi all,

I have the same user in my mobile and my PC. I'm reproducing music in mi PC but, I don't know why, my mobile phone is using data. It seems that the mobile is sending the songs to the PC and I'm wasting my mobile data. Both devices are in different nets (mobile is connected to phone operator net and PC is connected to local net).

How can I break that link? Or how can I configure the mobile not to use mobile data if it is not connected to a wifi net?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @wisbond1975

I don't know what phone you have, but if it's Android, you should try doing this:

1. From your homescreen, go to Settings → Data Usage
2. tick the checkbox to enable data limit
3. in the graph, move the bars to some level suiting you (can be imaginary high, to not 4. toggle your mobile data off altogether when reached)
5. scroll down until you find the Spotify app, tap its entry to open details
6. scroll to the end of that screen, tick the checkbox to "limit background data"

Now, when you're on mobile data, the app is no longer allowed to automatically transfer anything in background – but should still permit actions you trigger when the app is in foreground.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @wisbond1975

I don't know what phone you have, but if it's Android, you should try doing this:

1. From your homescreen, go to Settings → Data Usage
2. tick the checkbox to enable data limit
3. in the graph, move the bars to some level suiting you (can be imaginary high, to not 4. toggle your mobile data off altogether when reached)
5. scroll down until you find the Spotify app, tap its entry to open details
6. scroll to the end of that screen, tick the checkbox to "limit background data"

Now, when you're on mobile data, the app is no longer allowed to automatically transfer anything in background – but should still permit actions you trigger when the app is in foreground.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great Idea! Thanks for the answer.

Suggested posts