Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using two apps on two devices (not at same time)

Solved!

Using two apps on two devices (not at same time)

Hello all,

I use the app on two devices. On my tablet and on my smartphone. On the tablet I hear radio plays and on the SmartPhone music (Android car). Now I have the problem that a device repeatedly takes over that last played by the other device. Have I listened to a radio play on the tablet at night, then starts in my car on the smartphone the radio play and vice versa. It is not always and I can not figure out when it comes to that. Can I somehow make sure that both apps play their music separately from one another? That was no problem for Deezer. Greetings.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kaeri-chi, help's here. 

Spotify is set up in a way that if you listen to a track on one device, it will save the place from where you left off across devices so you can quickly access the last track you were listening to.  

You can set the app in offline mode on the device you'll not be using, but this means you'll have to uncheck offline mode every time you want to use the app online. 

Hope that explains things, and let us know if there's anything else.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kaeri-chi, help's here. 

Spotify is set up in a way that if you listen to a track on one device, it will save the place from where you left off across devices so you can quickly access the last track you were listening to.  

You can set the app in offline mode on the device you'll not be using, but this means you'll have to uncheck offline mode every time you want to use the app online. 

Hope that explains things, and let us know if there's anything else.

Jemi thx for your anwser. I already thought so. Was just confused, because it does not always happen. 

Maybe spotify could build a function in the future, where you can deactivate the synchronization of several devices. 

But for now I'm a little smarter, thanks.

Hey @kaeri-chi

Glad I could assist. You can always submit an idea if you think there's something other people would like to have changed or implemented. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is that it will be considered. You can read more about how ideas reach Spotify here

Let us know if there's anything else. Always happy to help 🙂

Suggested posts