Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Video podcasts on Nvidia Shield?

Video podcasts on Nvidia Shield?

When can I expect an update to the Nvidia Shield App to support video podcasts like JRE?

It seems mind blowing that I can watch a video podcast on my phone but can only play the audio on my TV. 

7 Replies

Hi there @mikesoze,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

There is no official info when video will be enabled on Podcasts for the TV app, like Nvidia shield. 

As a workaround you can try casting your phone's screen to the TV.

Hope you find this info useful 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Since your moderator could you look into it for us all? Rather than giving us a workaround that doesn't work. Don't get me wrong I like Spotify for music. To be honest, I kind of wish Joe Rogan was still on YouTube. That's how I consumed his content was on my television. I think millions of others also consume JRE content by TV. I don't think everybody likes to stare at a phone or tablet/computer for 3 hours at a time.

Hey there @neurotone,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We can't say when or if this will be a working feature. However - we're always  aiming to improve. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I seriously wish Joe Rogan was still on YouTube instead of Spotify. Can't believe I went from being able to watch it on my TV to unable.

Hey @Fujur,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

In this case we suggest that you head over to this thread and have a look at the top answer that @Ver provided. You can head over to the ideas in the top answer and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

There's also this idea - Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc. that you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to for any updates.

We hope the information above was helpful.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yeah I'm pretty let down myself

I have Spotify on my Nvidia shield and it is not a particularly friendly user interface. There is no option to search through or filter liked songs. (Not going to scroll thru 1k songs....). No option to see new releases. Other standard features are also missing. Why is this app so much worse than the standard android app, which I quite like? I’m  considering other methods of playing music on my shield TV system, to be honest. Needs a rebuild or update.

Suggested posts