Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume Issues New update

Volume Issues New update

With the Latest Spotify update for Android I have noticed a decrease in the Volume of the music, what gives?!?!?! 

Please fix it!

168 Replies

I've noticed a looong time ago that Spotify has always been lower in volume than Google or Rdio... This last update definitely made it worse than before

This right here is exactly what I'm on this forum looking for an answer to...

Ever since the first time I tried Spotify on my Moto X (2014) the discrepancy between it and Google Play Music is just unbelievable. EQ on or off matters not. In the car I can queue up the same song on both, switch back and forth between them and the one on Google Play sounds like I just added an EQ and cranked up the volume like 10+ notches (relative, I know, but the difference is jarring). AND, this is with Google Play streaming quality set to "Normal" and Spotify set to "Extreme". The difference is so huge that it's really the main reason I keep having Spotify Premium for a month and then cancelling and going back to Google, and then trying again a couple months later to see if it's better, but it never is.

So in conclusion, I really think I'd end up sticking with Spotify if there wasn't such a HUGE, glaring difference in the sound between it and Google Play Music. Being as this pre-dates this patch everyone is complaining about, is there a fix out there that I haven't been able to dig out of these forums yet? Nothing I've tried has made any difference at all.

Xaxas, what you described is pretty much my same story for the last year or two... I'm glad I'm not crazy. This has definitely been an issue for quite some time, just not to this extent. But yeah... Going back and forth in the same song... Been there done that. And yes, like you said nothing has fixed this in the past for me either.

On that note.. Of this isn't fixed by the end of the month I guess I do the Google Music thing for a few months again.

Hi, thanks for this solution.It works.The volume is back!! Just one question, how did you forbid the auto updates, android doesn't allow me to do this with the spotify app ... with some others it works, but not with Spotify ...

Hey guys, new update 2.8.0.1064 fixes the low volume issue. Download from play store now! !!

I still have the old version showing up will wait till later and see

Could someone link and upload the 2.8 apk?

This isn't a fix for me. Still to quiet! No bass! I'm on a LG Nexus 5, Android 5.1.

Almost 2pm EST and no update still on the play store. Come on. I'm going to be cancelling my premium Spotify account if this issue isn't addressed very soon. 

I will be canceling my premium subscription if this issue is not resolved. The lower volume while playing music over Bluetooth has always been an issue for me. Now this? Refuse to pay for something that is not working properly.

I just noticed that they pushed an update to playstore, but with the same version number. So if you delete the app and install it again you get the fixed version which works fine for me again!

Just tried the uninstall and reinstall, sound is still a complete turd for me..

By the way.. On a 30 day trial of Rdio right now as well....not bad, more stable than last time I used it. I just wish the app was more material-like, but ooh well. And yes...sound is WAY louder

Yep. Upgraded to 2.7.0.883 now and my issue from the previous page (and the past almost year) persists. Side by side, Spotify simply sounds weak, thin and quiet in all aspects when compared with the very same song played in Google Play Music. It's as though I just went from using a several hundred dollar pair of studio headphones to pair of $14 plastic skull candy earbuds when switching between the two. I just can't comprehend the disparity. Something is clearly broken somewhere, and my hopes of it getting fixed and making this a usable service for me are quickly fading.

Tried the uninstall and reinstall, did nothing. Still at the same 2.7 update. Please for the love of god, fix this. I dont want to have to use another music app as I've already invested time into Spotify and use it at work on my phone and at home on my PS4. This issue needs to be resolved ASAP. 

I contacted support@spotify.com.  They had me uninstall and reinstall and then use their "test" account to test the sound.  Still the same.  I have not seen an update in Google Play either, and have yet to receive another response from their support.  So far, so not good.  Not going to hang around for much longer.

It blows my mind that the largest streaming company can have this many issues.

^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

like fix this already. Enough of us have posted complain about it. It isn't a hard fix, just simply raise the maximum allowed volume limit, like come on... I have time invested into Spotify and I use it daily as my music tool.

/end rant

Seriously though, I'm going to continue to post on this thread until this is resolved.

Do iOS Spotify users have this problem too?

I was browsing around the community yesterday evening and I found somewhere that the problem is under investigation.

Suggested posts