Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't load after FB login

When accessing the app, I get a black screen with a grey bar on top, as if the app is partially running. I can use my FB credentials to log in on PC, but this is what continually happens on my android. I've reinstalled the app numerous times to no av...

• When accessing the app, I get a black screen with a grey bar on top, as if the app is partially running.  I can use my FB credentials to log in on PC, but this is what continually happens on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio function is gone

Hi guys, I'm using Spotify in Vietnam and I can't start the radio station based on the song I'm playing. The other topic said that just touch the Radio icon but the screenshot shows no radio icon... Is this the software issue or something like the fa...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys, I'm using Spotify in Vietnam and I can't start the radio station based on the song I'm playing. The other topic said that just touch the Radio icon but the screenshot shows no radio icon... ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't download when connected to wifi

Hi I cannot download songs when connected to wifi. It displays the message "go to settings to download using cellular" I am definitely wifi connected and have experimented with turning the cellular download option on and off and turning mobile data o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I cannot download songs when connected to wifi. It displays the message "go to settings to download using cellular" I am definitely wifi connected and have experimented with turning the cellular d...
  • peter_xxx
  • Regular
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes

Music volume goes down when WhatsApp is open

Everytime I open WhatsApp the volume goes down, a lot. If I minimize goes to normal, if I go back to check for new messages it goes down again.

• Everytime I open WhatsApp the volume goes down, a lot. If I minimize goes to normal, if I go back to check for new messages it goes down again.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot control Spotify with Google Assistant when screen is off

I'm using bluetooth earphones with a dedicated assistant button to control my Pixel 2 XL. If the screen is on I can get Google Assistant to control Spotify. However, if the screen is off and I try to tell Spotify to play a song Google Assistant respo...

• I'm using bluetooth earphones with a dedicated assistant button to control my Pixel 2 XL. If the screen is on I can get Google Assistant to control Spotify. However, if the screen is off and I try to...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

App & Recently played songs showing songs I did not play

I noticed the past few mornings when I wake up, Spotify app is showing "radio based on [song]" which I did not play. The songs are similar to those I've listened to, but not recently (Oingo Boingo, Duran Duran, LA Style...). Is it a glitch? Or a hack...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed the past few mornings when I wake up, Spotify app is showing "radio based on [song]" which I did not play. The songs are similar to those I've listened to, but not recently (Oingo Boingo, D...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

where is my library

Hi, i want find my friend, but dont have library button. Can you help me find out why?(i have Home, search, my playlists and premium)

• Hi, i want find my friend, but dont have library button. Can you help me find out why? (i have Home, search, my playlists and premium)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android 8.1 not recognizing inline remote controls (next track and previous track)

Hey all, So I'm on a Pixel 2 XL, Android 8.1, using the 1More Triple Driver earphones. Spotify will NOT recognize the double click for next track and triple click for previous track functions. However, Google Play Music recognizes these commands flaw...

• Hey all,   So I'm on a Pixel 2 XL, Android 8.1, using the 1More Triple Driver earphones. Spotify will NOT recognize the double click for next track and triple click for previous track function...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

ACCIDENTAL DISLIKE ON RADIO

I need to be able to look back at my list of disliked and liked songs so I can like an accidental dislike. PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDITELY IN THE NEXT UPDATE! I pay good money.

• I need to be able to look back at my list of disliked and liked songs so I can like an accidental dislike. PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDITELY IN THE NEXT UPDATE! I pay good money.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Completely inappropriate suggested songs!

My 9 year old daughter was using this spotify account. She was making a Halloween playlist and went to try and listen to it when instead it started a "suggested song" entitled "**bleep** her Right in the **bleep**". Like seriously how can you let a s...

• Casual Listener
  • My 9 year old daughter was using this spotify account. She was making a Halloween playlist and went to try and listen to it when instead it started a "suggested song" entitled "**bleep** her Right in...
  • Mrdevitt
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify says offline?? I've been premium for years and can't figure ot out.

I've tried a few things that I read online, but I can't get into the app at all so I cannot go into my settings to switch it to online. I tried the full website I get nowhere. But I can listen to it find on my firestick. But I really need to figure o...

• I've tried a few things that I read online, but I can't get into the app at all so I cannot go into my settings to switch it to online. I tried the full website I get nowhere. But I can listen to it ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Best stand alone portable music player for spotify

So I am one of these guys that uses a stand alone music player. Had an Ipod and then a Sony walkman. Just wondering what good alternatives there are. The Walkman does integrate spotify, but the memory is very limited (it only permits 2GB for offline ...

• So I am one of these guys that uses a stand alone music player.  Had an Ipod and then a Sony walkman.  Just wondering what good alternatives there are.   The Walkman does integrate s...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Fila de reprodução

Olá, alguém sabe como faço para limpar a fila de produção? Eu tinha feito uma fila de reprodução com músicas que queria escutar em um momento, mas acabei não escutando todas, aí em outro momento fui fazer uma nova fila de reprodução, mas não havia op...

• Casual Listener
  • Olá, alguém sabe como faço para limpar a fila de produção? Eu tinha feito uma fila de reprodução com músicas que queria escutar em um momento, mas acabei não escutando todas, aí em outro momento fui ...
  • dalsonn
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Permission to read text messages?

Yesterday I got a text from a friend saying he was going to Florida. Today I started getting advertisements for Florida Lottery. I've never been to Florida. I have no plans on going there. I haven't done any searches related to Florida. I don't under...

• Yesterday I got a text from a friend saying he was going to Florida. Today I started getting advertisements for Florida Lottery.  I've never been to Florida. I have no plans on going there. I ha...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Only getting a black screen

After years of no issues, my spotify will only show a black cscreen with a grey bar at the top on my Samsung. What has happened? I log on via Facebook.

• Regular
  • After years of no issues, my spotify will only show a black cscreen with a grey bar at the top on my Samsung. What has happened? I log on via Facebook.
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading again for Offline Listening

I already downloaded some songs for offline listening, but after some time the downloaded songs needed to repeat the download or redownload the songs. It will consume again my data to listen for that songs.

• Casual Listener
  • I already downloaded some songs for offline listening, but after some time the downloaded songs needed to repeat the download or redownload the songs. It will consume again my data to listen for that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Add New Music -- App Shuts Down

A recent problem I've been having -- if I add music from a new artist I've never listened to before, the app will freeze for a moment and just shut down completely. I uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app. I re-downloaded the m...

• A recent problem I've been having -- if I add music from a new artist I've never listened to before, the app will freeze for a moment and just shut down completely. I uninstalled the app, restarted m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Como Ecualizar Spotify a 432 hz ?

Quisiera saber si se puede ecualizar mi musica a 432hz con el ecualizador de spotify

• Quisiera saber si se puede ecualizar mi musica a 432hz con el ecualizador de spotify 
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes

Solicito saber porque nao consigo ouvir as musicas da minha play list no "modo offline"?

O que eu tenho que fazer para ouvir as musicas da minha playlist no "MODO OFFLINE", já que possuo o plano Premium. Não consigo ouvir nenhuma música quando estou no metrô ou viajando na estrada.

• O que eu tenho que  fazer  para ouvir as musicas da minha playlist no "MODO OFFLINE", já  que possuo o plano Premium.  Não  consigo  ouvir nenhuma música  quando &...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes