Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to resume playback using Google Assistant

Hi! I was wondering if only I have this problem. Basically if I pause Spotify then I'm unable to resume the playback using Google Assistant.If I say "resume" or "continue" then the assistant says "OK" or "alright" but nothing happens. If I for exampl...

• Composer
  • Hi!   I was wondering if only I have this problem. Basically if I pause Spotify then I'm unable to resume the playback using Google Assistant. If I say "resume" or "continue" then the assista...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

music stops playing randomly :(

Whenever i switch my screen off or am just using my phone normally, Spotify pauses. It's less of a problem when I have headphones in because I can use them to play it again but if I listen to it out loud i have to keep my phone on, which drains the b...

• Whenever i switch my screen off or am just using my phone normally, Spotify pauses. It's less of a problem when I have headphones in because I can use them to play it again but if I listen to it out ...
  • RockNRoll_Elvis
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast devices disappear

A community manager shut down this thread and asked that we post one topic per issue. When you shut down a thread it prevents us from communicating and coordinating the creation of one post per topic. I would have linked to this post so those monitor...

• Regular
  • A community manager shut down this thread and asked that we post one topic per issue.  When you shut down a thread it prevents us from communicating and coordinating the creation ...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Maximum volume too low

Hi there, Could someone help me please? I started listening to Spotify this morning but the volume just went from loud to really low in the space of two seconds and I cannot work out why? I have checked volumes on my phone, on Spotify, uninstalled an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,    Could someone help me please? I started listening to Spotify this morning but the volume just went from loud to really low in the space of two seconds and I cannot work out...
  • Baroninkjet
  • Roadie
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes
  • volume
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Auto download when connected to Wi-Fi

Hi, My Spotiify settings are set to restrict download of offline playlists to Wi-Fi only. Even though all myoffline playlists are already downloaded Spotify now and then starts to download music when connected to Wi-Fi. Since it's not possible to see...

• Regular
  • Hi, My Spotiify settings are set to restrict download of offline playlists to Wi-Fi only. Even though all myoffline playlists are already downloaded Spotify now and then starts to download m...
  • goldmanjessica
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto with Spotify in offline mode.

Hi everyone Spotify in offline mode display a error with Android Auto commands.I don't want Spotify use mobile data in the car and i have a lot of playlists that i cannot play with "6 clicks" Thanks

• Hi everyone   Spotify in offline mode display a error with Android Auto commands. I don't want Spotify use mobile data in the car and i have a lot of playlists that i cannot play with "6 clic...
  • plbarter
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Offline issues
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes

Disable auto play on Android app?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 & occasionally use the Spotify app. Most of the time my bluetooth setting is off, but whenever I do enable it, Spotify automatically begins playing & it's incredibly annoying. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot, b...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 & occasionally use the Spotify app. Most of the time my bluetooth setting is off, but whenever I do enable it, Spotify automatically begins playing & it's incredibl...
  • vicoboz15
  • 105 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 105 replies
  • 17 likes

My playlist wont show all my songs and wont let me play them

My playlist I made has more then 130 songs on it But recently instead of the shuffle button it now has just the play button and i have to go and order of how i added ths aongs no shuffle and also I can't see the bottom half my playlist and I can't pl...

• My playlist I made has more then 130 songs on it  But recently instead of the shuffle button it now has just the play button and i have to go and order of how i added ths aongs no shuffle and al...
  • lost_in_light
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desvincular aplicativo

Eu tinha um telefone celular com o aplucaapli da Spotify nele, me divorciei e o aparelho ficou com a ex. Ocorre que ela tem acesso direto ao aplucatapl é vive mudando das musimús que estou ouvindo de propósito, coisas de ex, comi faco ora desvincular...

• Eu tinha um telefone celular com o aplucaapli da Spotify nele, me divorciei e o aparelho ficou com a ex. Ocorre que ela tem acesso direto ao aplucatapl é vive mudando das musimús que estou ouvindo de...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playlist download location

Hello! First of all I'd like to say I really love the app and always have, but recently I've encountered an issue which really disappointed me. One day, out of nowhere, Spotify decided to log out for me but then when I tried to log back in, an error ...

• Hello! First of all I'd like to say I really love the app and always have, but recently I've encountered an issue which really disappointed me. One day, out of nowhere, Spotify decided to log out for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing at home pauses other media apps on my Android

Recently I've noticed a problem where the Spotify app on my phone pauses other media apps on my Android phone. When I am driving to work, I'll be playing an audiobook via Hoopla or Smart Audiobook player, and it works fine. Then my wife wakes up at h...

• Recently I've noticed a problem where the Spotify app on my phone pauses other media apps on my Android phone. When I am driving to work, I'll be playing an audiobook via Hoopla or Smart Audiobook pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect - Pausing & Sputtering Randomly on Samsung Multiroom R3

Hi guys. I need some help with a Spotify Connect issue. I have a Samsung WAM3500 (Radiant R3) Multiroom Speaker that supports Spotify Connect. It works perfectly when streaming from the Windows 10 Spotify app to the speaker. However, when trying to s...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys. I need some help with a Spotify Connect issue.   I have a Samsung WAM3500 (Radiant R3) Multiroom Speaker that supports Spotify Connect. It works perfectly when streaming from the Wind...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist stops after a while even though it's on repeat

This doesn't happen on iPad however when on Android, my playlist stops even though it's on repeat.

• Casual Listener
  • This doesn't happen on iPad however when on Android, my playlist stops even though it's on repeat.
  • RogueYT
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume reduced when Android EQ turned on

I recently came back to Android from iPhone. And there is one horrible problem with the Spotify app: It reduces gain dramatically -- by half or more -- when I switch on equalizer. And this makes volume way too low with my DAC/IEMs. Question: How can ...

• Roadie
  • I recently came back to Android from iPhone. And there is one horrible problem with the Spotify app: It reduces gain dramatically -- by half or more --  when I switch on equalizer. And this make...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sudden massive background data use

I never use mobile data to stream or download, and yet in the last 4 days Spotify background data has taken 1.2 GB. What is going on!? This needs urgent fix as its costing me money. Screenshot attached. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • I never use mobile data to stream or download, and yet in the last 4 days Spotify background data has taken 1.2 GB. What is going on!? This needs urgent fix as its costing me money. Screenshot attach...
  • lynnba16
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect do not work at latest releasers

Spoiler (Highlight to read)I use Spotify since several years and also have a family account. Since the end of last year, I had noticed a behaviour of the Spotify app at Android devices, I haven't seen before.I had trouble with the connection to my Ya...

• I use Spotify since several years and also have a family account. Since the end of last year, I had noticed a behaviour of the Spotify app at Android devices, I haven't seen before. I had trouble ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Extreme Quality Downloading Issue

After last update I am unable to download in Extreme Quality. When I select Extreme Quality for streaming and downloading, it switches right back after I start to download. Anybody got the solution? I am using an Android phone

• After last update I am unable to download in Extreme Quality. When I select Extreme Quality for streaming and downloading, it switches right back after I start to download. Anybody got the solution?&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify bugs

Every time after logging in and downloading music when closed everything whipes off out of spotify. Any ideas how to overcome this problem cause it realy annoys when you have donwloaded few gb's of music and when you wake up in the morning you see th...

• Every time after logging in and downloading music when closed everything whipes off out of spotify. Any ideas how to overcome this problem cause it realy annoys when you have donwloaded few gb's of m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log in

I can't seem to be able to log in into my account. I enter the right email address and password and press log in, the button changes to "logging in" and then switches back to "log in" after a couple of seconds with no error message or anything else. ...

• I can't seem to be able to log in into my account. I enter the right email address and password and press log in, the button changes to "logging in" and then switches back to "log in" after a couple ...
  • LuxCeleste
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't have what got in the album

I'm using vietnamese free version of Spotify on Android. I tried playing 宝石の国 ( houseki no kuni) album several times. It's a Japanese anime OST album but i got a bunch of popular Korean songs played instead. When i tried playing this album on the des...

• I'm using vietnamese free version of Spotify on Android. I tried playing 宝石の国 ( houseki no kuni) album several times. It's a Japanese anime OST album but i got a bunch of popular Korean songs played ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes