Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume limit for children

Volume limit for children

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Is there an option to set a temporary maximum volume? We often listen to music with young children around. There's been a few occasions where our two year old has picked up my phone and pushed the side volume buttons on my phone (even though the phone remains locked) and it's become extremely loud. It's quite upsetting for a two year old. It's even happened with him just leaning on my phone while it's in my pocket.

Volume limit would be ideal, or at least the option to require the phone to be unlocked or app open on screen in order to control the volume.

I use a Motorola (Android) and we either listen on bluetooth or a Demon Ceol receiver. 

1 Reply

Hi there @laurence_rodger,

Welcome to the Community!

Currently there is no option to set a volume limit. Some phones have warnings when pushing the volume up, that you have to manually click and agree to in order to increase the volume, so it's worth checking if you phone has such functions.

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts