Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why to use "Spotify connect" if doesn't save the same song history?

Why to use "Spotify connect" if doesn't save the same song history?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

MX

Device

Pc and Android

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I don't know if there's a solution to choose to not connect to other dispositives while using Spotify from Pc. I can't stop it from connecting to my phone and vice versa. Besides, there's another problem: There is no use if I let it connected and so I start listening to spotify on my phone IF when is time to turn off the phone, I won't have the same session I mean, What I listen on my pc won't be  be reflected on my phone as the "last song I was listening to" even after letting the "connect thing" happen.
Does anyone have a solution for both problems?

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

The Connect option should appear when you open Spotify on another device using the same account - If you're listening on your PC and then open the app on your phone at the same time it should pop-up with an option to ask which device you'd like to listen with. 

If you're listening on one device, close the app and then open it up on another then it won't then continue the track you were playing, but it should show the same listening history on your Recently Played/History on both devices. You can check out more about your Play Queue and History here.

Hope this helps! 

/T

When I'm listening to it on my PC (most of the time) there it shows other dispositives (my phone) but there is not option to Turn it off in both devices. When it shows me the notification of my phone conected, I have to stop the application on my phone because not only it opens itself but it also slows my phone and if I stop it from running on my phone it also stops spotify on my PC too ¿?
The "Recently Played/History" on both devices will never be the same. Right now I having the problem. I have spotify working on my phone and if I turn it off (the app on phone), the last song I heard there 4 days ago will appear as last activity.

I have the same spotify account on both devices and the app is updated on both too so I don't understand what happens 😞

No worries, we'll figure it out! When the notification shows on your phone, when listening on PC if you tap 'Continue' it should keep playing through your PC. The support site has a great explanation of how it works here.

Could you give a few more details about what you're trying to do when listening with both devices? 

/T

Suggested posts