Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wont open, at all

Wont open, at all

None of the below information is required. The app just wont open. When intry I get big logo, little logo, back to home screen. Then error message. Prior to this I had issues with google smart lock. I have lost count the amount of times I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reset passwords, restart my phone, turned off smart lock, logged into website, changed password. Please someone help its driving me mad! Currently paying £10 a month to have the logo on my home screen. 

PLAN

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

S9

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Please see above. 

3 Replies

Hey @Jackgeorgehowar!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll be here to help you out.

Can you try following these Android troubleshooting steps? Also, can you let me know if your able to access your Spotify account from another device? It would also be worth adding a screenshot of any error messages you get.

Make sure to let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for contacting me.
As for the steps, I have tried 1-6 with no luck. Step 3, the update is what I suspect has caused this. I am still logged in on my tablet and it works fine for me there. I tried changing the password as someone suggested to address the google smart lock and it still doesnt work. When i try to open the app i get the log in screen with the different options , Facebook, free trial etc and when I put in my username and password it freezes as if its checking details and then closes again. When I purposely put in the wrong password it recognises that it is incorrect. I dont know what else to do, it's really frustrating.

Kind regards

Jack

Hello @Jackgeorgehowar!

Have you tried using the email address registered on your Spotify account instead of your username when logging in?

If possible, you can also try to log in with a different Spotify account to see if the issue persists. In that case, I'd recommend you try reinstalling the app one last time - but this time following the steps from the Spotify Answer instead. 

If these steps still don't work, it'd be worth sending a screenshot of what you see when you try to log in from that device so I can take a closer look. Just make sure you don't  include any personal info.

Hope this does the trick!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts