Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music from "My music" doesn't synchronize

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceSamsung J8 My Question or IssueMy phone display in gray the music from the folder "My music" and when I try to listen to them, it doesn't do anything. When I try with my Pc on, the music start on my pc. Thanks in ad...

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Samsung J8   My Question or Issue My phone display in gray the music from the folder "My music" and when I try to listen to them, it doesn't do an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle on small artists plays every song twice in a row

Hi! I listen to a lot of small independent artists, and I've noticed for a while now that when I use the shuffle button almost every song is added to the play queue twice in a row. Quite frustrating to have this kind of silly bug in such a basic feat...

• Hi! I listen to a lot of small independent artists, and I've noticed for a while now that when I use the shuffle button almost every song is added to the play queue twice in a row. Quite frustrating ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloads changing location

PlanPremiumCountryUk DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI've seen people mention in other posts that they've experienced their downloads changing location from an SD card to their internal storage upon reboot. Ho...

• Plan Premium Country Uk   Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I've seen people mention in other posts that they've experienced their do...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are skipped automatically

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9Spotify Version8.5.8.567 My Question or IssueFrom time to time the app starts skipping songs automatically with irregular intervals of 1 to 3 seconds. The problem can be solved by resta...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 9 Spotify Version 8.5.8.567   My Question or Issue From time to time the app starts skipping songs automatica...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    playback
    Skipping songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Plan MonthlyFree/PremiumCountry UK DeviceSamsung S10+Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen my display times out and my phone turns off, so do my earbuds. This also happens with Alexa. I've checked my phone b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Monthly Free/Premium Country UK   Device Samsung S10+ Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When my display times out and my ph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems to share Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950FDOperating SystemAndroid 9Spotify8.5.7.999Instagram93.0.1.19.102 IssueI had the function of sharing songs from Spotify by Stories. But I lost it some updates ago. I complained several times and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950FD Operating System Android 9 Spotify 8.5.7.999 Instagram 93.0.1.19.102   Issue I had the function of sharing songs from...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sharing music on Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceMotorola Moto G5 PlusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI want to share some music on Instagram stories but that option is not available for me, the only option available for Instagram is direct messages. My fri...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Motorola Moto G5 Plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I want to share some music on Instagram stories but that option is not availabl...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unauthorised Usage of Account (Premium)

Someone has my Spotify Premium account, i have changed my password 3 times. The person would be playing music i never listened to.

• Someone has my Spotify Premium account, i have changed my password 3 times. The person would be playing music i never listened to.  
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution What is this direct download link ?

Hello, Which version of spotify is hosted on download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk ? Is it the same as the one on the Google Play Store ?I couldn't find documentation about this link. Thank you for your help

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Which version of spotify is hosted on download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk ? Is it the same as the one on the Google Play Store ? I couldn't find documentation about t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution songs not displaying

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG X VentureMy Question or IssueI've noticed an issue lately where when I go to certain playlists, no songs display. It only happens on especially large playlists. For example, if you have most of Iron Maiden's albums saved...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device LG X Venture My Question or Issue I've noticed an issue lately where when I go to certain playlists, no songs display. It only happens on especially large playl...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Progress bar for podcasts not working

The green track progress bar is no longer seen at all when playing podcasts. A few versions ago (of Spotify) I had to pause and play the episode for the progress bar to catch up but now the progress bar is completely gone. I think it happened with th...

• The green track progress bar is no longer seen at all when playing podcasts. A few versions ago (of Spotify) I had to pause and play the episode for the progress bar to catch up but now the progress ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Collaborations

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHuawei Pro My Question or IssueSpotify apply an inconsistent approach to songs by more than one artist. For example, Bastille sing Happier with Marshmello. If I save that song, it only appears under the artist Marshmello.If ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Huawei Pro   My Question or Issue Spotify apply an inconsistent approach to songs by more than one artist. For example, Bastille sing Happier with Marshmel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cant open spotify from android tv using voice commands

PlanPremiumCountryspainDevicexiaomi mi box sOperating Systemandroid tv My Question or IssueI have purchased a xiaomi google tv device. I have paired it with my phone and everything works except for voice commands that includes spotify. everytime I tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country spain Device xiaomi mi box s Operating System android tv   My Question or Issue I have purchased a xiaomi google tv device. I have paired it with my phone and ever...
  • josealconchel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • androidtv
    Spotify
    voice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Double notifications with Spotify and Stations both installed

I thought I'd try out the new stations app, but I'm getting notifications from both the main app and the stations app when I play anything. The two apps seem to see each other as distinct devices under the spotify connect menu in the same way as when...

• I thought I'd try out the new stations app, but I'm getting notifications from both the main app and the stations app when I play anything.  The two apps seem to see each other as distinct devic...
  • Dbinder101
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

App keeps crashing

I cant open spotify on my phone. Every time i open the app it just keeps crashing flashing on the home screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rest my phone, cleared the cache, force stopped and rebooted, and now i am out of ideas. Its been doing...

• Casual Listener
  • I cant open spotify on my phone. Every time i open the app it just keeps crashing flashing on the home screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rest my phone, cleared the cache, force stopped and ...
  • Ladyphoenix3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

[Account] Deleted from premium for family

Me and my friends share a family account. Today one of my friend texted me that she couldn't listen to Spotify premium and back to free account. I checked it and realized that her account was gone from the family acc. After that, I invite her again t...

• Me and my friends share a family account. Today one of my friend texted me that she couldn't listen to Spotify premium and back to free account. I checked it and realized that her account was gone fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection stuck with ISP Ho Mobile / Vodafone IT

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHo Mobile / Vodafone IT users have had connection stuck problems for a few months.This is a well known problem here, it plays 2/3 songs then gets stuck: i...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Ho Mobile / Vodafone IT users have had connection stuck problems for a fe...
  • ultradj83
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Connection issues
    ho mobile
    vodafone
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify Stations stream to amazon echo volume adjustmet bug report

PlanPremiumCountryUnites StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueNOTE: this report is for the Spotify Stations Application.When streaming music to another device like amazon echo. Raising/Lowering volume on p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Unites States Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue NOTE: this report is for the Spotify Stations Application. When st...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Stations
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs

Hello!How can I see all the songs of an artist? When I select the artist it show me only the popular songs and then the albums. I want to see the whole songs list.Thanks !! Spotify premium, Argentina, Android 9 (Pie)

• Hello! How can I see all the songs of an artist? When I select the artist it show me only the popular songs and then the albums. I want to see the whole songs list. Thanks !!   Spotify premi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Save list of songs to download?

I have a weird issue but want to try to reinstall the app first, it went well for 8 months but now since 2 weeks it goes bad. Issue described at the end. I hate to reinstall because re doing my selection of songs to download will take a longggg time....

• I have a weird issue but want to try to reinstall the app first, it went well for 8 months but now since 2 weeks it goes bad. Issue described at the end.   I hate to reinstall because re doing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes