Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Your Library” Change

“Your Library” Change

I’m not sure who’s idea it was to take away our library but I don’t like it at all. I cannot navigate my saved music, only by the albums. I thoroughly enjoyed the old set up, I will 100% be canceling if it doesn’t change back. I’m in love with Spotify but I can’t navigate through my most recent music and artists. 2 thumbs down 

27 Replies

Wait just a minute. Unless Spotify hasn't updated, I still only see the artists that I am following, not all of the artists of the songs that are in my library. I DO NOT want to follow every artist.

Really, they fixed the problem AFTER I ended my subscription?

Am I missing something? Just updated and nothing has changed for me.

Can someone explain what the supposed rollback did, mentioned in the latest messages here?

If I go to my library and select artists I only see 8 artists listed alphabetically. These are the artists I already followed before the change. The rest of my downloaded/liked(now replaced by the ❤️ icon) songs/artists still show as recommended artists which are not listed alphabetically.

As someone mentioned here I am not looking forward to follow them all. I don't have 1500 artists yet, but enough to make it a pain to follow them all. Also I don't care to follow the other artists, if I want info on them I'll check it myself, no need for notifications.

My spotify is up to date with the latest version that removed and disabled my widget as well, which is also a bad move!!!!

If anybody figured out how to fix this please let us know. Much appreciated!

In my opinion, this was one of the worst UI changes I've experienced in my entire digital career so far.

It not only removes a completely fine way of organizing ones music, but it also broke my library-work that I had done before.

I simply don't "like" (heart) every song I had in my library, and I don't want to have every song I "like" (just to indicate to Spotify that it can play more of this kind) in my library.

Spotify should have at least offered a proper migration path and a way to decide, how to proceed - instead of putting all songs of the previous library into "liked songs" and at the same time missing a proper artist's list.

Spotify had long lacked a playlist for "songs I like (mark with the heart)".

Instead of fixing this by simply adding a dedicated playlist for that, Spotify removed the library function and replaced it with "like" (which in my opinion is a different use case).

If I want to be able to play songs / albums of artists, I could add those to my library and lateron hit "Play". Now I'd have to manually create a playlist, which requires a ridiculous amount of work and - given that it's not possible to re-arrange playlists on my mobile app - is tedious desktop-centered work.

I also can't "dislike" a song (never have) - can I?

I also can't block an artist from every popping up in a radio again - can I?

I do like Spotify, really - they offer great recommendations and playlists. And Spotify has a great user-base.
Yet, I really disklike the UI change Spotify decided to implement back then. Spotify has not offered an alternative to it, so far - despite so many users being affected and having asked for the previous UI approach to return.

The new library set up is rubbish. If it is not changed back with my downloaded songs under my artist I am OUT !!!

Hey there @djspotti,

Welcome to the Community! 

If you're missing the number of liked/downloaded songs under your followed artists, we'd recommend you head over to this thread, add your +VOTE and subscribe to get notified of any updates.

The right folks are already looking into it and hopefully we'll have more info soon.

Hope this info is useful. If there's anything else you need help with, just give us a shout 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still not fixed. And this is only one of countless threads where users vent their anger.

Suggested posts