Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music erased after update

Solved!

Your Music erased after update

After the receiving the "Paint It Black" update on Android and desktop, I started moving all my playlists into Albums under Your Music. It was a bit meticulous, but I want to be on board with Spotify's new direction. Then after a subsequent Android update, everything I had put into Your Music was gone.

If I add something to Your Music now, it will sync immediately with my phone. I don't want to uninstall the app, because I have downloaded over 20 GB of music and don't want to do that again. I don't know of a way to quickly remove and re-add my entire Your Music collection, but it will certainly be tedious to do it one by one.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I ended up clearing the cache last week and the problem has since gone away.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Your Music synchs across devices so, I'd guess the issue actually happened on your PC rather than on your android. There's possible bug which is triggered if over 542 tracks are added to Your Music at one time and anything added to Songs isn't there on restarting.

I'd log out of the desktop client and restart it. Delete anything left in Songs and start again. Playlists with a large number of tracks are easy - just select a block of tracks (make sure you not to exceed 500) and drop them onto Songs. Artists and Albums should update automatically. If you have a lot of album playlists for one artist, it can be quicker to add albums from the artist page.

My Music on your mobile should update to match what is on your PC. If it doesn't, exiting spotify on your mobile and relaunching it will force a refresh.

I was hesitant to take your advice of deleting everything from Songs and replacing it back, because I didn't want Spotify to lose the notion that I had saved the album, and not each song individually. I'm not sure why I was paranoid about that, but I figured there might be a reason I would care in the future.

Anyway, after testing it with a new album, it turns out that adding every song in an album will go ahead and trigger the album as Saved.

I expected to reply back with good news after testing this, but it seems now the Android app won't update Your Music at all. It's got the one album I had added between seeing the problem and reporting it on this forum, but now nothing I do will update it.

I just remembered that the aforementioned album was added through the Android interface. So it seems that there only one way communication right now. From Android to desktop, but not the other way.

Could you try removing the cache from the android spotify settings. Once you log back in it should synch to your desktop Your Music as long as it is online.

Ugh...I really don't want to. I don't see any way to download everything from Your Music in one click, and I certainly don't want to have to click each album individually. If there's no alternative...well...I'll sleep on it and get back to you.

Ok. No worries.

Marked as solution

I ended up clearing the cache last week and the problem has since gone away.

Suggested posts