Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Se va el internet a cada rato cuando utilizo Spotify

Ayuda! Cada vez que entro a Spotify, la conexión a internet se va, pero es solo con Spotify, que puedo hacer para solucionarlo?

• Ayuda! Cada vez que entro a Spotify, la conexión a internet se va, pero es solo con Spotify, que puedo hacer para solucionarlo?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm a premium member but the app will not allow me to add songs to queue

Have the app on Android phone, premium member, tried to add songs to queue today but I get a message I must be premium member to do it. Un/reinstalled app, deleted cache, no resolve. All other premium functions still work. FWIW I clicked get premium ...

• Have the app on Android phone, premium member, tried to add songs to queue today but I get a message I must be premium member to do it. Un/reinstalled app, deleted cache, no resolve. All other premiu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Password changed, Password reset, Playlists nuked

I couldn't log into spotify due to password being incorrect. Have not changed it and my password is saved in a password manager. Not sure why this happened in the first place but I changed my password anyway and now all my playlists are gone. Which i...

• I couldn't log into spotify due to password being incorrect. Have not changed it and my password is saved in a password manager. Not sure why this happened in the first place but I changed my passwor...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All music downloaded is gone

Like the title says, all the tracks I have downloaded for the offline connexion was suddenly gone... And I didn't do anything specific for that... I really don't understand... I really used a lot of data for the download this month.Who's gonna pay fo...

• Gig Goer
  • Like the title says, all the tracks I have downloaded for the offline connexion was suddenly gone... And I didn't do anything specific for that... I really don't understand... I really used a lot of ...
  • tetsuohiryu
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Switch Music in Playlist

I´m Premium account.I have a problem in switch music in a playlist, after some switches the buttom stoped working, as when i wasn´t Premium.After that the app try me to get Family Premium account. but i don´t want. Is it commum this problem in premiu...

• Visitor
  • I´m Premium account. I have a problem in switch music in a playlist, after some switches the buttom stoped working, as when i wasn´t Premium. After that the app try me to get Family Premium account...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo escuchar esta musica

Hace poco importe esta música de mi almacenimiento pero luego la elimine de mi teléfono y quedo en spotify ahora no puedo borrarla y solo quedo en un tono gris y hace poco igual la música que si descargue de spotify al siguiente dia no me deja escuch...

• Hace poco importe esta música de mi almacenimiento pero luego la elimine de mi teléfono y quedo en spotify ahora no puedo borrarla y solo quedo en un tono gris y hace poco igual la música que si desc...
  • josuebernal122
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Wanna break from the ads? Haha! You actually thought you'd get one!

The ad that promises "a 30 minute break from the ads" after watching a short video, doesn't actually give you 30 minutes. I had ads after 15 minutes, even though I watched the video AND listened to the ad that followed immediately after the video. Ir...

• Casual Listener
  • The ad that promises "a 30 minute break from the ads" after watching a short video, doesn't actually give you 30 minutes. I had ads after 15 minutes, even though I watched the video AND listened to t...
  • Lskard
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! From Iphone to android

I have been using spotify on my Iphone with no problems. But now i changed to an Android phone. Now i can´t use the app becourse i states that Spotify is not avalable in my contry.But as i said, it worked fine on Iphone....Any solutions ?

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using spotify on my Iphone with no problems. But now i changed to an Android phone.  Now i can´t use the app becourse i states that Spotify is not avalable in my contry. But as i s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving my music to the SD is not listed as an option in settings

Hello! So today I got a 32 gig SD card for my phone. I would like to move my music to the SD card, but I can't find the "Storage" option under the settings that everyone talks about when explaining how to do what I want (under little wheel icon wich ...

• Hello!   So today I got a 32 gig SD card for my phone. I would like to move my music to the SD card, but I can't find the "Storage" option under the settings that everyone talks about when exp...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gespeicherte Songs müssen wieder runtergeladen werden.

Hallo community,Hatte jetzt schon 3x das Problem, dass meine gespeicherten Songs aus dem nichts einfach gelöscht waren. Wenn ich Spotify starte, lädt es über 800 Lieder wieder runter. Habe aber weder was gelöscht oder ein "aufräumprogramm" laufen.Hat...

• Hallo community, Hatte jetzt schon 3x das Problem, dass meine gespeicherten Songs aus dem nichts einfach gelöscht waren. Wenn ich Spotify starte, lädt es über 800 Lieder wieder runter. Habe aber wed...
  • mylon_bolitar
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Frequent desynchronization

Hi!Since a couple of days, I use to lose all my synchronized songs, except the ones from the local files... So I can't access to them when I'm offline. It happened every day for the last 4 days... Is there a way to solve this problem? Why does it hap...

• Hi! Since a couple of days, I use to lose all my synchronized songs, except the ones from the local files... So I can't access to them when I'm offline. It happened every day for the last 4 days... ...
  • mattbranch
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will pause randomly, and appears in notifications even when closed, sometimes playing a song

I have been having a persistent issue since switching to an Android phone, where when I am listening to Spotify (whether in my car, or with any kind of headphone) and it will randomly pause. There seems to be no regular interval or trigger for this t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having a persistent issue since switching to an Android phone, where when I am listening to Spotify (whether in my car, or with any kind of headphone) and it will randomly pause. There se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S7: Lock screen doesn't show cover art

Hi.In my old phone when I was listening to music on Spotify, the cover art of album was showed on lock screen on phone.Now on Galaxy S7 edge (Android 7.0) I see Spotify Control but I see only default wallpaper on lock screen.Does somebody know how to...

• Hi. In my old phone when I was listening to music on Spotify, the cover art of album was showed on lock screen on phone. Now on Galaxy S7 edge (Android 7.0) I see Spotify Control but I see only d...
  • YouGotStonerd
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect to online

I signed out of my account with it on offline mode and now i cant sign back in because i used my facebook account and it says cannot connect to online and wont sign me back in

• I signed out of my account with it on offline mode and now i cant sign back in because i used my facebook account and it says cannot connect to online and wont sign me back in
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Other] "Reset Taste Profile/History" Option

Hi! I want to play an album but Spotify tell me "This song is not available" I searsh in the browser and is there!! But when I pick Open in Spotify, appear this message.. What can I do!? Thanks!!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I want to play an album but Spotify tell me "This song is not available" I searsh in the browser and is there!! But when I pick Open in Spotify, appear this message.. What can I do!? Thanks!!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get rid of the "Last.fm Error" notification

So recently I was curious about this "Last.fm scrobbling" thing because I've never heard of it before so I turned it on. So then it tells me to put in a username and password and so I decided not to because I didn't know what it would do. I then turn...

• Visitor
  • So recently I was curious about this "Last.fm scrobbling" thing because I've never heard of it before so I turned it on. So then it tells me to put in a username and password and so I decided not to ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto play, plays songs from my playlist again.

I like using the auto play feature, when my playlist ends it plays new songs from different bands. What I don't like about it is about 2/3rds of the songs it plays are ones already in my playlist, is there any way to stop this?

• I like using the auto play feature, when my playlist ends it plays new songs from different bands. What I don't like about it is about 2/3rds of the songs it plays are ones already in my playlist, is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is quiet

I have Spotify for my Google Pixel and it is a lot quieter than other music apps I use. I mainly use it with an auxiliary cable in my car and I need to have the volume maxed to listen and it is still not that loud. I've tried uninstalling and install...

• I have Spotify for my Google Pixel and it is a lot quieter than other music apps I use. I mainly use it with an auxiliary cable in my car and I need to have the volume maxed to listen and it is still...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

latest Android app randomly stops playback

Hi -- I'm running the latest Android app on a Galaxy Nexus (GSM) with (stock) Android 4.0.4, and Spotify is frequently stopping playback for no apparent reason. The "currently-playing" track will stay in the notification bar as if it's stil playing, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi -- I'm running the latest Android app on a Galaxy Nexus (GSM) with (stock) Android 4.0.4, and Spotify is frequently stopping playback for no apparent reason. The "currently-playing" track will sta...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 43 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Maximum Devices Reached after 1?

My phone has now twice removed all downloaded songs claiming I've reached my maximum amount of devices. The first time I actually did hit a limit because of a loaner phone I was trying to use for a week. I removed all devices and started fresh. I now...

• My phone has now twice removed all downloaded songs claiming I've reached my maximum amount of devices.   The first time I actually did hit a limit because of a loaner phone I was trying to us...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes