Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Killing my data plan

How can I listen to music without sucking the life out of my data plan???

• Casual Listener
  • How can I listen to music without sucking the life out of my data plan???
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lower volume?

Hi,I am using latest Spotify app (8.4.11.1283) on OnePlus 3T with OxygenOS 4.1.6. My device is not rooted or unlocked but it's a general problem, when I'm listening to music on Spotify the overall volume is lower when compared to other sources even w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am using latest Spotify app (8.4.11.1283) on OnePlus 3T with OxygenOS 4.1.6. My device is not rooted or unlocked but it's a general problem, when I'm listening to music on Spotify the overal...
  • itsgalb
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs disappear on their own.

Now and then all my download songs (to be listened to offline) disappear.Payment is always done on time

• Casual Listener
  • Now and then all my download songs (to be listened to offline) disappear. Payment is always done on time
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

searching for music, no drop down list appearing!

I have followed the below guide ( which is pretty obvious) just incase searching for music on the spotify app was different from spotify on desktop, but it is not. https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Search-for-music/?in=searc...

• I have followed the below guide ( which is pretty obvious) just incase searching for music on the spotify app was different from spotify on desktop, but it is not.    https://support.sp...
  • II-_-II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with internet connection

Hi. I tried to reset spotify, reinstall etc. Spotify works good on wifi but when i turn off wifi and switch to 3g/lte i see "no internet connection" message. When i connected to wifi i can open community.spotify.com but on 3g/lte i cant.Sorry for bad...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I tried to reset spotify, reinstall etc. Spotify works good on wifi but when i turn off wifi and switch to 3g/lte i see "no internet connection" message. When i connected to wifi i can open commu...
  • Czar0_WzN
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Adoptable Storage

Why can't the Spotify app be moved to the SD card through Adoptable Storage?

• Visitor
  • Why can't the Spotify app be moved to the SD card through Adoptable Storage? 
  • heffequespotify
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Transfer to sd

On settings storage where you can transfer to sd. After you transfer to sd us it possible to take sd out to a mp 3 and play.? Really need answer

• Casual Listener
  • On settings storage where you can transfer to sd. After you transfer to sd us it possible to take sd out to a mp 3 and play.? Really need answer
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with Premium

I bought a Spotify Prepaid Card, used it at spotify.com/redeem....Gott a Mail with The Information, that i haben Spotify Premium....nur i still can't skip my Songs or Download them for offline ussage.....can u **bleep** me?

• I bought a Spotify Prepaid Card, used it at spotify.com/redeem....Gott a Mail with The Information, that i haben Spotify Premium....nur i still can't skip my Songs or Download them for offline ussage...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify takes forever to show anything in the app.

I been having alot of problems with the app. It would take forever to load into playlist, sometimes going to the raido says something went wrong. I thought reinstalling this might change something but it didn't. The problem is so bad, that its also u...

• Casual Listener
  • I been having alot of problems with the app. It would take forever to load into playlist, sometimes going to the raido says something went wrong. I thought reinstalling this might change something bu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Auto - Spotify loading issue

Hey, since the latest Spotify version I experience a loading loop of Spotify.This ends up with the message from Spotify that it's currently not working. The workaround is delte cache and data verytime before I connect my phone to the car's infotainme...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   since the latest Spotify version I experience a loading loop of Spotify. This ends up with the message from Spotify that it's currently not working.   The workaround is delte ca...
  • eblackrose00
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    auto
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Removing Spotify from Android phone if child has lost phone password

The Android phone mentioned, does not show up on Spotify onlinel, so I can't remove that link there. However it must still be linked to the account as we cannot put Spotify onto any further devices - thus our need to remove from the Samsung phone... ...

• Casual Listener
  • The Android phone mentioned, does not show up on Spotify onlinel, so I can't remove that link there.  However it must still be linked to the account as we cannot put Spotify onto any further dev...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with offline songs on SD card

I've tried to download all the songs I have saved in my library and save them to my SD Card but after 30 minutes of the download being finished, the songs are deleted off my phone.It's weird because the Download notificacion fluctuates between differ...

• I've tried to download all the songs I have saved in my library and save them to my SD Card but after 30 minutes of the download being finished, the songs are deleted off my phone. It's weird becaus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify android crashes shortly after startup

Hi,Ever since i reorganized my playlists on the windows 7 desktop app by creating new folders and moving playlists around, spotify keeps crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 6.0.1 - Spotify version 8.4.11.1283). Moments after I start spotify on ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, Ever since i reorganized my playlists on the windows 7 desktop app by creating new folders and moving playlists around, spotify keeps crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 6.0.1 - Spotify ve...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium features doesn't work

Hi.Started Spotify Premium today and my Premium features won't cooperate. Have downloaded my library and I can listen, but shuffle etc. doesn't work. The app keeps shuffeling my songs when I try to listen to an album in order and adding other songs. ...

• Hi. Started Spotify Premium today and my Premium features won't cooperate. Have downloaded my library and I can listen, but shuffle etc. doesn't work. The app keeps shuffeling my songs when I try to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song List With Mirrolink

Hi all.I have Premium and have tried using Spotify with Mirrorlink via the Rockscout app to my Skoda Superb.Is there any way to view a list of songs on an album??I can get a list of artists or albums, but if I choose an album, it seems to start playi...

• Hi all. I have Premium and have tried using Spotify with Mirrorlink via the Rockscout app to my Skoda Superb. Is there any way to view a list of songs on an album?? I can get a list of artists or ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Login Data Not Stores in Android having Spotify on external SD card

Hi Login Data Not Stores in Android having Spotify on external SD card have to always relogin. Known problem? Using Android 6.0

• Music Fan
  • Hi   Login Data Not Stores in Android having Spotify on external SD card   have to always relogin.   Known problem?   Using Android 6.0
  • riker1-de
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

android spotify closes

i have samsung galaxy s4 and spoyify app random closes when i listening to music?

• i have samsung galaxy s4 and spoyify app random closes when i listening to music?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast - songs display

Hello Everyone, Since few days, I am encountering a problem on my Google Chromecasft with spotify.In fact, when i'm listening a playlist the display is wrong : i have only one cover album instead of many on my TV. I have added an attachments to expla...

• Hello Everyone,   Since few days, I am encountering a problem on my Google Chromecasft with spotify. In fact, when i'm listening a playlist the display is wrong : i have only one cover album ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Plus symbol and check marks

What are these for??

• What are these for??
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No more speech to text with search function

I have my Samsung Galaxy 4 set to automatically update. It is currently running 5.0.1 Lollipop. Other apps still allow speech to text when the keyboard appears. It seems that Spotify is the only app that will not let me use this feature when the keyb...

• Regular
  • I have my Samsung Galaxy 4 set to automatically update.  It is currently running 5.0.1 Lollipop.   Other apps still allow speech to text when the keyboard appears.  It seems that Spo...
  • nachtmuzic2
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • safety
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes