Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Got premium but not able to repeat a song

I used a 10€ card to ger Spotify premium but now i want to repeat the songs and it only gives me the option to repeat all songs in my album or not to repeat at all, anyone got an idea why?

• Casual Listener
  • I used a 10€ card to ger Spotify premium but now i want to repeat the songs and it only gives me the option to repeat all songs in my album or not to repeat at all, anyone got an idea why?
  • SemZeelen
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No funciona la opción busqueda

Desde la última actualización no funciona la opción de busqueda ya que no aparecen los perfiles de usuarios.... Gracias.

• Desde la última actualización no funciona la opción de busqueda ya que no aparecen los perfiles de usuarios.... Gracias.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why is There an Ad for Chipotle on my phone? I'm a premium member.

Latest update to the Android app shows a graphic of the artist/song/album/whatever that fills the phone screen while the app is running. The graphic has an advertisement in it. I don't want to see Chipotle's logo on my phone. That's why I pay for Spo...

• Regular
  • Latest update to the Android app shows a graphic of the artist/song/album/whatever that fills the phone screen while the app is running.    The graphic has an advertisement in it.  I...
  • dirtySpots
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops playing

When I'm listening to my music on my phone, Spotify randomly stops playing music, but you can see that the song is still running. It just doesn't give a sound. After 20 seconds the music starts again. Everything is up to date, so I don't understand w...

• When I'm listening to my music on my phone, Spotify randomly stops playing music, but you can see that the song is still running. It just doesn't give a sound. After 20 seconds the music starts again...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cómo ocupo el ecualizador de Spotify en android?

Es algo bastante molesto ya que en los iPhone si les aparece el ecualizador, en cambio en mi celular Huawei p8 lite no, alguna recomendación?

• Es algo bastante molesto ya que en los iPhone si les aparece el ecualizador, en cambio en mi celular Huawei p8 lite no, alguna recomendación?
  • SantiagoIsnardi
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Not able to play on-demand songs but I'm premium

Hi, Spotify been acting up lately. Won't let me skip songs, choose one in particular nor switching shuffle off, tells me to go premium but I already am. Family premium and i even have my songs offline enabled. What's going on?

• Hi, Spotify been acting up lately. Won't let me skip songs, choose one in particular nor switching shuffle off, tells me to go premium but I already am. Family premium and i even have my songs offlin...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Decreases When I open other apps especially games

Hi, I have Spotify Premium. I have a problem on playing songs while playing other games on my phone the volume decreases every time I open a different app but when I change or close the app, the music turn up again. How do I avoid this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have Spotify Premium. I have a problem on playing songs while playing other games on my phone the volume decreases every time I open a different app but when I change or close the app, the musi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium not working properly on phone.

Bought a month of spotify premium yesterday and although it is working properly on my pc, there seems to be a problem on the phone app. Although there are no ads and I can download and listen to the songs on offline mode, I can't go back on a playlis...

• Bought a month of spotify premium yesterday and although it is working properly on my pc, there seems to be a problem on the phone app. Although there are no ads and I can download and listen to the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can see when other person plays song on same account

Hey! Ive got a problem.I share my mom's spotify account and when she plays music on her phone trough spotify, i get a notification (the one like when you play music on your own device), and i can skip songs or pause/play. She however, does not get th...

• Hey! Ive got a problem. I share my mom's spotify account and when she plays music on her phone trough spotify, i get a notification (the one like when you play music on your own device), and i can s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Excessive data use 300+mb per hour

Hi all,Not a problem on my account, but my partner is having this issue. She streams over 4g nearly every day going to and from work (about a 40 min trip each way). Sometimes at the gym as well. For as long as we can remember she hasn't used more tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, Not a problem on my account, but my partner is having this issue. She streams over 4g nearly every day going to and from work (about a 40 min trip each way). Sometimes at the gym as well. Fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for a premuim account on pc but not working on smartphone

Hey Guys, I paid for a premuim account for 3 months and when I look on my account in the computer the premuim function is checked but not in my smartphone, what can i do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys,    I paid for a premuim account for 3 months and when I look on my account in the computer the premuim function is checked but not in my smartphone, what can i do? 
  • BrechtJo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium payment

I just do the payment for premium. And they already charge my card twice. But my account still in free account. I tried the third time logging in but its still in free account.

• I just do the payment for premium. And they already charge my card twice. But my account still in free account. I tried the third time logging in but its still in free account.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error in getting Spotify Updates / Push notifications on Android device

I do not get any push notifications (Spotify Updates) from Spotify on my Android device. I have hooked of (se picture below) that I want push-notifications - still I do not get any notifications.I have an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7.0. I...

Skjermbilde.JPG
  • I do not get any push notifications (Spotify Updates) from Spotify on my Android device. I have hooked of (se picture below) that I want push-notifications - still I do not get any notifications. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Selecting Artist after search crashes/minimizes Spotify

Installed Spotify on Dell Venue 8 Android tablet. When using the search feature, for example "Neil Diamond" if you select an Album/Artist the Spotify app minimizes back to the desktop essentially crashing the app. If you select a song "track" it star...

• Casual Listener
  • Installed Spotify on Dell Venue 8 Android tablet.     When using the search feature, for example "Neil Diamond" if you select an Album/Artist the Spotify app minimizes back to the deskt...
  • Mk56
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing tracks in the car - aux cable

Hi, I am using Spotify in the car connecting using an aux cable. Is there anything that will allow me to change the song without touching my phone? Thanks

• Hi,    I am using Spotify in the car connecting using an aux cable.  Is there anything that will allow me to change the song without touching my phone?   Thanks 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • aux
    cable
    Car
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Samsung Galaxy S8 Resolution Issue

Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my new Galaxy S8. There a 2 quite thick black bars on the top and bottom of my screen. I'll attach a picture for further help. Anyone know of any solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my new Galaxy S8. There a 2 quite thick black bars on the top and bottom of my screen. I'll attach a picture for further help. Anyone know of any solutions?
  • C3dy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Andriod Auto breaks when Spotify on Sonos used prior

I've noticed that my Samsug Galaxy S7 (Andriod v7.0, Kernel v3.18.31-11614766) running Spotify v 8.4.9.271, intermittantly doesn't play and errors out on the Andriod Auto console on my Chevy Bolt EV. To resolve this I will first disconnect the S7 fro...

• Regular
  • I've noticed that my Samsug Galaxy S7 (Andriod v7.0, Kernel v3.18.31-11614766) running Spotify v 8.4.9.271, intermittantly doesn't play and errors out on the Andriod Auto console on my Chevy Bolt EV....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Sonos Andriod Auto Bolt
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Chromecast Premium feature?

HiI have noticed that the Chromecast streaming feature from the Spotify Android player seem to have recently become for premium accounts only - or at least this is what I read in the app when attempting to connect to it.However looking at this page h...

• Music Fan
  • Hi I have noticed that the Chromecast streaming feature from the Spotify Android player seem to have recently become for premium accounts only - or at least this is what I read in the app when att...
  • Montanaskiers
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Will not play music

July 26th 2017I think your latest version has a virus in it. Its crashed my LG G3 and is now crashing my brand new (like one day old) LG G6. It won't even play music. It loads the song up but will not play it. The bar doesn't move It freezes and then...

• July 26th 2017 I think your latest version has a virus in it. Its crashed my LG G3 and is now crashing my brand new (like one day old) LG G6. It won't even play music. It loads the song up but wil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Database or displaying problem following artist?!

Hi, sometimes spotify seems to forget that an artist is marked to be followed, or it displays different results!It happens in the Android App as well as in the browser. Case 1 (App and browser): I choose an artist to follow, but the next day the deci...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   sometimes spotify seems to forget that an artist is marked to be followed, or it displays different results! It happens in the Android App as well as in the browser.   Case 1 (Ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes