Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists have disappeared

Hi folks, my premium membership cancelled because I missed one payment. Had to reset password last night and all my playlists have disappeared!! I have renewed my premium subscription and message states that it will automatically renew on 24/08/17. I...

• Visitor
  • Hi folks, my premium membership cancelled because I missed one payment. Had to reset password last night and all my playlists have disappeared!! I have renewed my premium subscription and message sta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

taking 2 minutes to log in on spotify. just giving me the no connection error before that time.

I have wifi on, other programs run just fine. From time to time spotify also dumps the downloaded music and forgets my designated folder for it. This has cost me about 60 euro's because i would go over my internet bundle without realising it. I liste...

• I have wifi on, other programs run just fine. From time to time spotify also dumps the downloaded music and forgets my designated folder for it. This has cost me about 60 euro's because i would go ov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shutting down when in split mode on Android

I teach a cycle class and I use spotify and use the split screen option for the Samsung Galaxy S7, when Spotify runs on its own its fine but when I run Spotify with the split screen it shuts down pretty quick. I have signed onto my Spotify on someone...

• Casual Listener
  • I teach a cycle class and I use spotify and use the split screen option for the Samsung Galaxy S7, when Spotify runs on its own its fine but when I run Spotify with the split screen it shuts down pre...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps shutting down in split screen on Android

I teach a cycle class and I use spotify and use the split screen option for the Samsung Galaxy S7, when Spotify runs on its own its fine but when I run Spotify with the split screen it shuts down pretty quick. I have signed onto my Spotify on someone...

• Casual Listener
  • I teach a cycle class and I use spotify and use the split screen option for the Samsung Galaxy S7, when Spotify runs on its own its fine but when I run Spotify with the split screen it shuts down pre...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family account doesnt show on the app

I created a new account and i started the 7 day premium trial. Just after that I accepted an invitation to enter a family plan and on the webpage it seems to have worked properly. Meanwhile on the phone it says that my account is a free account in th...

• I created a new account and i started the 7 day premium trial. Just after that I accepted an invitation to enter a family plan and on the webpage it seems to have worked properly. Meanwhile on the ph...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Reproducción aleatoria

He organizado mis canciones mediante listas y carpetas. Si quiero escuchar una carpeta que contiene varias listas, voy arriba y escojo todas Las canciones, las filtro por el nombre de la canción Para organizarlas y al escuchar suenan todas en orden."...

• Visitor
  • He organizado mis canciones mediante listas y carpetas. Si quiero escuchar una carpeta que contiene varias listas, voy arriba y escojo todas Las canciones, las filtro por el nombre de la canción Para...
  • efuen
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song will play but no sound will come out

I am using a Nook HD+ and this just started today, but the song will play but no sound will come out? Not sure what is going on but it just started.

• I am using a Nook HD+ and this just started today, but the song will play but no sound will come out? Not sure what is going on but it just started.
  • aroha_arisa
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

SD Card Storage

I've looked but haven't been able to find help on the following.Spotify offers me the option to save my music to my SD card however when I transfer my music to my SD card using this option it seems to default back to the internal storage and need to ...

• I've looked but haven't been able to find help on the following. Spotify offers me the option to save my music to my SD card however when I transfer my music to my SD card using this option it seems...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fast forward

Unable to fast forward songs

• Unable to fast forward songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No me aparce la opcion de decargar la musica en mi memoria externa

Desde la nueva actulizacion me aparece la opcion de guardar la musica en mi memoria externa . Ya es un poco tedioso ya que no cuento con mucha memoria interna practicamente no e podido usar la aplicacion por este problema los ultimos dias agradeceria...

• Desde la nueva actulizacion me aparece la opcion de guardar la musica en mi memoria externa . Ya es un poco tedioso ya que no cuento con mucha memoria interna practicamente no e podido usar la aplica...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Message "Spotify Doesn't Seem To Be Working Right Now"

Hi, I continue to get a message" Spotify doesn't Seem To be Working Right Now" when playing through Android Auto. When I try and select a playlist or do anything when this happens Spotify just spins and does nothing.This started about 2 weeks ago, th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I continue to get a message" Spotify doesn't Seem To be Working Right Now" when playing through Android Auto. When I try and select a playlist or do anything when this happens Spoti...
  • Angelmoon
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto - Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment

This problem is very annoying.The issue happens after swiping the spotify window (open apps screen) away on a samsung device (I have a galaxy S8+), then attemping to play Spotify on Android Auto.The issue has nothing to do with the car itself and can...

• Regular
  • This problem is very annoying. The issue happens after swiping the spotify window (open apps screen) away on a samsung device (I have a galaxy S8+), then attemping to play Spotify on Android Auto. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • android auto
    Close App
    Force Stop
    restart
    Samsung
    Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Artirt's Singles Doesn't Show Up

When I go to a Artist profile, their singles and EPs doesn't show up

• When I go to a Artist profile, their singles and EPs doesn't show up
  • detective889
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify loading automatically

Hi: I've setted up Spotify as my default music player at Garmin Connect app instaled at Samsung J2, so Spotify loads automatically every time I use Garmin Conect or even my Garmin 820. I'm trying to revert the setup, but can't find how: Spotify remai...

• Hi:   I've setted up Spotify as my default music player at Garmin Connect app instaled at Samsung J2, so Spotify loads automatically every time I use Garmin Conect or even my Garmin 820. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Just play songs in a playlist?

Hi all, I'm running the (new) version of the spotify app 0.5.2.87 and I'm wondering how I can play the songs of my playlist? I can't seem to find how to do that, It always just gives me a 'radio based on this playlist'. How can I play just the songs ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I'm running the (new) version of the spotify app 0.5.2.87 and I'm wondering how I can play the songs of my playlist?  I can't seem to find how to do that, It always just giv...
  • aferna12
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Download over 4G

Hi I have turned of "Download over 2G/3G". But when I'm connected to 4G (No wifi connection active) I can still browse and play music that is not downloaded to my device. But I can not download playlists to my device, only over wifi How come I can st...

• Hi I have turned of "Download over 2G/3G". But when I'm connected to 4G (No wifi connection active) I can still browse and play music that is not downloaded to my device. But I can not download...
  • Simas25
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable full screen playback

Hi,A recent update of the app makes the standard track controls disappear (full bleed) after a brief time period (see attachment). To change the track you have to click once on the screen to bring back the controls and another one to skip.Pretty terr...

• Hi, A recent update of the app makes the standard track controls disappear (full bleed) after a brief time period (see attachment). To change the track you have to click once on the screen to brin...
  • wowsaab
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 10 likes

Volume

Whenver I play spotify in my car via an aux cord, I have to put it super loud.How can I fix this?

• Whenver I play spotify in my car via an aux cord, I have to put it super loud. How can I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs do not have plus to the left and will not play on iphone

I have noticed that several songs in spotify lack the the "+" sign to the left. I can drag them into my playlist on my computer and play them there, but on my iphone the song name appears and then is skipped (i.e. it won't play). Even if I specifiall...

• I have noticed that several songs in spotify lack the the "+" sign to the left.  I can drag them into my playlist on my computer and play them there, but on my iphone the song name appears and t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes