Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't follow another's playlist. (I follow, but i can't see them)

When I start to follow a playslit, this playslist doesn't show yourself in my profile (the place that I have my followers and the person who I follow). However, when I begin a New Playlist (mine) this playlist is it in my profile. The problem is when...

• When I start to follow a playslit, this playslist doesn't show yourself in my profile (the place that I have my followers and the person who I follow). However, when I begin a New Playlist (mine) thi...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My library songs gone

The way i use spotify is i listen to the new releases and dicover/suggested music and save everything, then listen to the music in the Your Library, Songs section. The music in my All songs, which is downloaded is suddenly empty. even though it's sti...

• Casual Listener
  • The way i use spotify is i listen to the new releases and dicover/suggested music and save everything, then listen to the music in the Your Library, Songs section. The music in my All songs, which is...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waking me up!

Please help! I always sleep with my apps closed and do not disturb on. However for 2 nights in a row I have been abruptly startled in the middle of the night to a random song on a random playlist! I have a galaxy s6. I am So close to cancelling Spoti...

• Please help! I always sleep with my apps closed and do not disturb on. However for 2 nights in a row I have been abruptly startled in the middle of the night to a random song on a random playlist! I ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Logged into 2 devices with facebook

I have spotify premium with Facebook and i want to log on another device without giving the person my password to Facebook! I remeber there was a function to make an app password but is that gone now?

• I have spotify premium with Facebook and i want to log on another device without giving the person my password to Facebook! I remeber there was a function to make an app password but is that gone now?
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I remove a song from "next on shuffle"

It used to be that you could go to the "next on shuffle" when listening to a playlist and highlight songs to be removed. It wouldn't remove the song permanently from your playlist, but it would remove it from the shuffle. Now it seems like I can high...

• It used to be that you could go to the "next on shuffle" when listening to a playlist and highlight songs to be removed. It wouldn't remove the song permanently from your playlist, but it would remov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Issues (Problems from 2013 and 15 occurring)

Hey all. I don't usually write in the help sections but I've been going through some issues that have apparently been a problem for many years. I've been using spotify premium for about a year now and I can say that it has served me well.Anyway.I'm u...

• Hey all. I don't usually write in the help sections but I've been going through some issues that have apparently been a problem for many years. I've been using spotify premium for about a year now an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and chromecast audio

Hi Guys, I'm using spotify with chromecast audio and it does not work ok,the music crashes, interrupts and sometimes stops and no more backlosing the connection with chromecast audio.It has problems both on the galaxy s7 edge and on the tab S.Other p...

• Hi  Guys,   I'm using spotify with chromecast audio and it does not work ok, the music crashes, interrupts and sometimes stops and no more back losing the connection with chromecast aud...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify works perfectly

So you might ask why I am posting under the help section?Well it's like this, if spotify ISNT running my BlackBerry Priv will crash every few minutes.Playing clash of clans will do the same as long as I am interactive with it.My question is, what sch...

• Casual Listener
  • So you might ask why I am posting under the help section? Well it's like this, if spotify ISNT running my BlackBerry Priv will crash every few minutes. Playing clash of clans will do the same as ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecasts don't appear in device list anymore

Since the latest Android app update, I cannot get any of my 4 Chromecasts to appear in the devices list. This used to be fixed by force stopping the app, but that didn't work, and neither did restarting my phone. My phone is a Galaxy S8+ on Android 7...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the latest Android app update, I cannot get any of my 4 Chromecasts to appear in the devices list.   This used to be fixed by force stopping the app, but that didn't work, and neither di...
  • deanylev
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't put local files from my Spotify playlist onto my android (Galaxy S5) phone. Please Help.

For local files, Spotify says, "If you’re adding local files to your mobile, you first need to import them on a desktop computer, then add them to a playlist to sync to your phone." I'm assuming this means create your playlists (including local files...

• For local files, Spotify says, "If you’re adding local files to your mobile, you first need to import them on a desktop computer, then add them to a playlist to sync to your phone."  ...
  • klinkpc
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

why cant I use the microphone to search for music?

why is it no longer possible to search using te microphone on your keyboard?just cancelled my subscription today because of that..

• Regular
  • why is it no longer possible to search using te microphone on your keyboard? just cancelled my subscription today because of that..
  • ashtar11
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist information in App (Android,...)

Hey, how can I see the artists information on my phone(android) using the spotify app?Would be nice to read about the interprets when I'm not at the PC. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   how can I see the artists information on my phone(android) using the spotify app? Would be nice to read about the interprets when I'm not at the PC.   Thanks 🙂
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't login

I can't login with my account, spotify say "tell us were you are in spotify.com" but don't know to contact you from your site just to informe you about it. Please can you help me?

• Casual Listener
  • I can't login with my account, spotify say "tell us were you are in spotify.com" but don't know to contact you from your site just to informe you about it. Please can you help me?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Media player remote keys no longer working for navigation

Hey,I am using minix neo x8h plus media player device (Android 4.4.2) and I am no longer able to control/navigate spotify app with remote (NEO A2 Lite) keys since last update. Only "remote" mouse works which is extremely inconvenient as I still can n...

• Hey, I am using minix neo x8h plus media player device (Android 4.4.2) and I am no longer able to control/navigate spotify app with remote (NEO A2 Lite) keys since last update.   Only "remote...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs

I have a problem which involves downloaded songs. Every once in a while all my downloaded songs get deleted so that I have to download them all again. This has happened 5 times now.The problems starts when I open spotify, it'll then want me to log in...

• I have a problem which involves downloaded songs. Every once in a while all my downloaded songs get deleted so that I have to download them all again. This has happened 5 times now. The problems sta...
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Just starting out, problems already..

I just installed Spotify for Android. I went through the beginning phase of following a bunch of artits by "hearting" them. When I finished, I went to My Library then to Playlists to start the listening process. The playlist says "Loading..." forever...

• I just installed Spotify for Android. I went through the beginning phase of following a bunch of artits by "hearting" them. When I finished, I went to My Library then to Playlists to start the l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unplayable Songs

So I understand how to remove an unplayable song from a playlist. However, I've saved some of these songs to my spotify account, separate from the playlists, and I'm a little salty that I can't remove them from my saved songs. Any ideas on how to rem...

• So I understand how to remove an unplayable song from a playlist. However, I've saved some of these songs to my spotify account, separate from the playlists, and I'm a little salty that I can't remov...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Es una mierda!!!!

La re puta madre que los parió es la cuarta vez que tengo que volver a bajar toda la música por que se borra que mierda es este error!!!??? Como mierda se soluciona estoy a punto de dar de baja esta porquería de programa es una basura!!!!!

• La re puta madre que los parió es la cuarta vez que tengo que volver a bajar toda la música por que se borra que mierda es este error!!!??? Como mierda se soluciona estoy a punto de dar de baja esta ...
  • roldan_martin
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Remove Devices

Helle everybody! I recently made the change from iPhone to an android phone and installed spotify (premium account). But since I made the change, everytime I play a song on my phone it stops playing after a few seconds and asks me to play through one...

• Helle everybody!   I recently made the change from iPhone to an android phone and installed spotify (premium account). But since I made the change, everytime I play a song on my phone it stops...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    devices
    iphone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes