Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Fire 7 doesn't download local files

Hi there, I just bought a new Fire 7 tablet in replacement for my old Lenovo. For some reason, the Fire doesn't download the local files. I didn't have any problems with my Lenovo or my Sony mobile, so I'm kind of clueless.Of course I'm in the same W...

• Hi there,   I just bought a new Fire 7 tablet in replacement for my old Lenovo.  For some reason, the Fire doesn't download the local files. I didn't have any problems with my Lenovo or ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs were deleted

The Android app keeps deleting my song and I need to redownload every song everyday

• The Android app keeps deleting my song and I need to redownload every song everyday
  • Urb4n0ninj4
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Android missing saved music

Like to report that twice now, Ive opened spotify to find all my saved albums are no longer available.I still have saved playlists, only everything under artist tab is,missing.First time I believed was caused by a software update clearing memory to u...

• Like to report that twice now, Ive opened spotify to find all my saved albums are no longer available. I still have saved playlists, only everything under artist tab is,missing. First time I believ...
  • MikeStokes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezing if offline mode turned off on data

Android starts freezing randomly if i don't keep Spotify on offline mode when using data, but have no issues on wifi. Phone is Moto G 3.

• Android starts freezing randomly if i don't keep Spotify on offline mode when using data, but have no issues on wifi. Phone is Moto G 3.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

incomplete songs

I have been using Spotify for a while and of all the music I've listened to there's only one song that is incomplete. Try it for yourself, enter "Royksopp" (artist) into the spotify search, go down to the album "Senior" and choose the song "The Drug"...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify for a while and of all the music I've listened to there's only one song that is incomplete. Try it for yourself, enter "Royksopp" (artist) into the spotify search, go down t...
  • clive6
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Playback keeps stopping

Since the latest update (I'm on 8.4.9.271.armv7), playback keeps stopping almost every other song when I'm out. The track is not stopped or paused, but is stuck at 0:00 - rechoosing my phone in Spotify Connect and skipping ahead in the track seems to...

• Casual Listener
  • ...he track, often "Devices Available" is greyed out - usually happens when on public transport etc. I'm using wired earphones. I've tried restarting and don't have aggressive doze enabled as s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App - some Songs won´t download

Hello, I am a Premium User. I download all Playlists to my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy I9000) but not all songs are downloading. Usually I add complete Albums as playlists. As an example I added "Tegan and Sara - Heartthrob" as a Playlist but three...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am a Premium User. I download all Playlists to my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy I9000) but not all songs are downloading.   Usually I add complete Albums as playlists. As an ...
  • Ronik311
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Playing Downloaded Material Only

When I'm at work, I listen to my downloaded content. This appears to generally work and I see no data usage as it should be. There is one playlist that I follow that is different than all the others. It is "Rock This". That playlist has video content...

• Regular
  • When I'm at work, I listen to my downloaded content.  This appears to generally work and I see no data usage as it should be.  There is one playlist that I follow that is different than all...
  • Motogopher
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification bar and lock screen controls disappearing

Everytime I pause my music, on my android, even with no battery saver or blue light blocker the notification and lock screen controls disappear and I have to open the app to unpause my music. I also looked at similar issues and spotify had full acces...

• Everytime I pause my music, on my android, even with no battery saver or blue light blocker the notification and lock screen controls disappear and I have to open the app to unpause my music. I also ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add songs

Hi, I added few songs this morning on spotify with my computer, but when I want to listen to them on my phone, I have to be on the same WiFi network.How can I listen to the songs I added when im not at home ?Thx for repply, Vincent.

• Regular
  • Hi, I added few songs this morning on spotify with my computer, but when I want to listen to them on my phone, I have to be on the same WiFi network. How can I listen to the songs I added when im no...
  • Vincentosin
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i change playlist name on mobile

Is it possible to change playlist name on phone

• Music Fan
  • Is it possible to change playlist name on phone
  • nessknowsbest
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks Skipping/Pausing on Android

Hey all, I have been ignoring this issue for about a month now hoping it would go away, but it hasn't, so here I am! I've been having issues with tracks skipping - like a CD player when you go over that huge bump in your old car. Not skipping whole t...

• Music Fan
  • Hey all,   I have been ignoring this issue for about a month now hoping it would go away, but it hasn't, so here I am! I've been having issues with tracks skipping - like a CD player when yo...
  • gunner609
  • 40 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 2 likes

Extremely slow loading times on all aspects of application

Hey, my name is Adam and I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S5 for Spotify. This problem only started around about a week ago but when I opened up Spotify, it seemed to take ages to load everything - my playlists, the application itself, images, the br...

• Hey, my name is Adam and I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S5 for Spotify. This problem only started around about a week ago but when I opened up Spotify, it seemed to take ages to load everything - m...
  • Punkygirl
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    application
    Buffering
    galaxy s5
    Mobile
    Playlists
    Samsung
    samsung galaxy s5
    slow
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes

Strange problem..

Hi, I have a strange problem when I use spotify and run at the same time. When im out jogging in areas with no cellphone reception, and female voice suddenly say "You have no internet connection" (in norwegian), song gets paused and spotify starts to...

• Hi, I have a strange problem when I use spotify and run at the same time. When im out jogging in areas with no cellphone reception, and female voice suddenly say "You have no internet connection" (in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Shuts down after hit play!

have same trouble as soon i log on my Samsung galaxy S7 edge its crashing.. after the new update ive gotten this issue as well as the storage issue reported.. ive been using my SD card for download.. but i had no issues with this before the latest 2 ...

• Casual Listener
  • have same trouble as soon i log on my Samsung galaxy S7 edge its crashing..  after the new update ive gotten this issue as well as the storage issue reported.. ive been using my SD card for dow...
  • MissSPG
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing to facebook

I'm getting a error message that says I am already synced to a account on FB. How do I remove that so I can sync my Spotify to fb ??

• Casual Listener
  • I'm getting a error message that says I am already synced to a account on FB. How do I remove that so I can sync my Spotify to fb ??
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pauses downloaded songs on Huawei android

Device:Huawei Y6 IIOperating System Version:Android 5.1Spotify Version:8.4.7.1108Account:PremiumDescription:Some downloaded songs pause automatically. The songs that pause automatically are always the same and they pause on the same spot in the song....

• Casual Listener
  • Device: Huawei Y6 II Operating System Version: Android 5.1 Spotify Version: 8.4.7.1108 Account: Premium Description: Some downloaded songs pause automatically. The songs that pause automatic...
  • iPoerk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing at random intervals. At the moment its pausing every 30 seconds or so.

Spotify keeps pausing after only a few seconds. I've tried force stopping the app and clearing cache but if anything it's worse.

• Spotify keeps pausing after only a few seconds. I've tried force stopping the app and clearing cache but if anything it's worse.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! appli windows vs android

Hi,Avec windows 10, je peux lire en aléatoire un ensemble de playlist. Je crée un dossier et je mets plusieurs playlists dans ce dossier. Je peux lire en aléatoire le dossier complet.Avec Android, je suis obligé de choisir la playlist dans le dossier...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Avec windows 10, je peux lire en aléatoire un ensemble de playlist. Je crée un dossier et je mets plusieurs playlists dans ce dossier. Je peux lire en aléatoire le dossier complet. Avec Android...
  • mamastem
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cómo ver las letras en 2017 para un Moto g 4 plus ?

Necesito ayuda, ya que ahora descubro que tiene asociación con genius Spotify, pero yo no puedo ver las letras. Ayúdenme por favor y gracias.

• Necesito ayuda, ya que ahora descubro que tiene asociación con genius Spotify, pero yo no puedo ver las letras. Ayúdenme por favor y gracias.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes