Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing on Tablet every time it's running in the background

I have been getting this problem ever since I started using the app. Whenever I exit the Spotify app at all, it crashes after a few seconds of the song. I have to go back to Spotify to play the rest of the song but it decides to play the entire song ...

• I have been getting this problem ever since I started using the app. Whenever I exit the Spotify app at all, it crashes after a few seconds of the song. I have to go back to Spotify to play the rest ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant won't play my Discover Weekly playlist

I just got a Google Home and it is neat for playing music, but Spotify doesn't appear to have a hook for playing my specific Discover Weekly playlist. Saying "Play my Discover Weekly playlist" ends up playing one of the many public playlists titled "...

• ...nds up playing one of the many public playlists titled "Discover Weekly", but never mine.   Would love it if this worked correctly.
  • jrmclaughlin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Discover Weekly
    google
    Google Home
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify not opening

I can't open Spotify on my Galaxy S7 anymore. When I try to open it my phone freezes and I have to use a physical button to get a response from my phone.Galaxy S7. Updates set to auto. I have premium Spotify account. Checked and Spotify is up to date...

• I can't open Spotify on my Galaxy S7 anymore. When I try to open it my phone freezes and I have to use a physical button to get a response from my phone. Galaxy S7. Updates set to auto. I have premi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All downloads gone and no evidence of Premium Service

Problem: I have been using Spotify Premium for a few months on my phone and have never had any problems.Two days ago, I opened my Spotify app on my Samsung S5 Neo, and was asked to log in, which I have never had to do on my phone. After logging in, I...

• Visitor
  • Problem: I have been using Spotify Premium for a few months on my phone and have never had any problems.Two days ago, I opened my Spotify app on my Samsung S5 Neo, and was asked to log in, which I ha...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

is the streaming on an apk free premium spotify count?

HiSo the plays/listenings an on an apk free premium spotify version, will they still be counted as valid streams?will they be added to the artist's number of streams?please let me know if u have any info about thisthank you

• Regular
  • Hi So the plays/listenings an on an apk free premium spotify version, will they still be counted as valid streams? will they be added to the artist's number of streams? please let me know if u hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Question about apk free spotify

Hiif you play/listen to a song on an apk free premium spotify versionwill they still be counted as valid streams, and added to the grass streaming num of the song?I asked everywhere and nobody is answeringso please help me if you know smth about this...

• Regular
  • Hi if you play/listen to a song on an apk free premium spotify version will they still be counted as valid streams, and added to the grass streaming num of the song? I asked everywhere and nobody ...
  • btslovearmy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

More songs for free users than for premiums

I have a premium account and there are several artist which I am not able to play. The message: "This song is not available" appears. The thing is that if I sign with a free account, I am perfectly able to play these "not available" song. Do you know...

• I have a premium account and there are several artist which I am not able to play. The message: "This song is not available" appears. The thing is that if I sign with a free account, I am perfectly a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disappearing downloads

Hey everyone,I've been having an issue with my downloaded songs disappearing from my device storage, meaning I have to redownload them all over again. At first I thought it was me being reckless with the button, but it seems to be happening every cou...

• Hey everyone, I've been having an issue with my downloaded songs disappearing from my device storage, meaning I have to redownload them all over again. At first I thought it was me being reckless wi...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Open space issue

Why would Spotify premium trial take up 2.5 GB of space on my phone with nothing downloaded? New user, please advise. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Why would Spotify premium trial take up 2.5 GB of space on my phone with nothing downloaded? New user, please advise. Thank you.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The music is too low with earphones

I don´t know why, but the music is too low when I use earphones but if I play the music in youtube in the browser (with the earphones) the music sounds loud. It only happens when I use earphones and in Spotify, if I take it of, the music sounds loud....

• Casual Listener
  • I don´t know why, but the music is too low when I use earphones but if I play the music in youtube in the browser (with the earphones) the music sounds loud. It only happens when I use earphones and ...
  • Albedeluxe
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Next Song Won't Start in Power Saver Mode

On my Samsung Galaxy S5, when I have Power Saver Mode on (not Ultimate Power Saver Mode), the next song won't start automatically. If I unlock my phone and go to Spotify it will sometimes start. However, whenever I move the slider to the middle of so...

• Visitor
  • On my Samsung Galaxy S5, when I have Power Saver Mode on (not Ultimate Power Saver Mode), the next song won't start automatically. If I unlock my phone and go to Spotify it will sometimes start. Howe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading all songs again after app update

Today I turned my phone on (Moto G3) and noticed that Spotify had hardly any songs in the Songs section of my library?! (like about 2!) All filters were off. Got to work, turned my phone on and off and spotify decided to download ALL OF MY LIBRARY AG...

• Regular
  • Today I turned my phone on (Moto G3) and noticed that Spotify had hardly any songs in the Songs section of my  library?! (like about 2!) All filters were off.   Got to work, turned my pho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema al reproducir

Hola, compré un celular lg k8 con android 6.0 hace poco y en este dispositivo se me paran las canciones cada tanto esté la aplicación abierta, en segundo plano o con el celular bloqueado y es muy molesto además de que tengo premium y siento que no lo...

• Hola, compré un celular lg k8 con android 6.0 hace poco y en este dispositivo se me paran las canciones cada tanto esté la aplicación abierta, en segundo plano o con el celular bloqueado y es muy mol...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Is there a list of Android Phones that support SD Card Caching?

I have had two Moto G's (Gen 1 and Gen 2) and neither have been able to cache music to an SD Card - the option just does not show up in the Spotify App. My app is 8.4.1.846 armV7 I am about to buy a new phone. Is there a list of handsets that support...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had two Moto G's (Gen 1 and Gen 2) and neither have been able to cache music to an SD Card - the option just does not show up in the Spotify App.   My app is 8.4.1.846 armV7   I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con el modo offline en android

Buenas, tengo un gran problema, resulta que descargo la música para escucharla en modo offline y sólo me aparece descargada durante un rato, cuando cierro y reabro la aplicación después de un rato se borra la música, pero aún así aparece ocupando esp...

• Buenas, tengo un gran problema, resulta que descargo la música para escucharla en modo offline y sólo me aparece descargada durante un rato, cuando cierro y reabro la aplicación después de un rato se...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not delete unchecked playlists

I am having a problem with Spotify that seems to keep my playlists in the cache for ages. I know it is supposed to keep them for a while after I uncheck them, but in the past this has been for 30 minutes or so. Now they stay for days. I know I can fi...

• Roadie
  • I am having a problem with Spotify that seems to keep my playlists in the cache for ages. I know it is supposed to keep them for a while after I uncheck them, but in the past this has been for 30 min...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I use Spotify connect via Bluetooth?

Recently my cellphone's phone's connector broke and I'm using another phone to listen to music and using the Spotify Connect to switch between my playlists and songs on my other phone. However, to do that I have to enable my phone's portable wifi (th...

• Recently my cellphone's phone's connector broke and I'm using another phone to listen to music and using the Spotify Connect to switch between my playlists and songs on my other phone. However, to do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to listen to my music while in flight

Everytime im on a plane and about to take a trip my spotify app says i am unable to listen to my cause i have no internet connection. I've downloaded all my songs. What am i doing wrong?

• Everytime im on a plane and about to take a trip my spotify app says i am unable to listen to my cause i have no internet connection. I've downloaded all my songs. What am i doing wrong?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lista de cualquier disco en gris

Bueno, resulta que en mi celular, las canciones todas aparecen en gris. Las que tengo guardadas como favoritos. Las de radios Spotify. Discos de algún cantante en especial, prácticamente todo el contenido de Spotify aparece en gris, pero no así en mi...

• Bueno, resulta que en mi celular, las canciones todas aparecen en gris. Las que tengo guardadas como favoritos. Las de radios Spotify. Discos de algún cantante en especial, prácticamente todo el cont...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Na mudança de qualidade de audio é necessário baixar de novo ou o sistema atualiza?

Boa noite, Gostaria de saber se eu tenho músicas baixadas em qualidade alta e mudar para extrama (ou vice-versa), o sistema automaticamente faz o download da nova qualidade ou devo "excluir" a música e baixar novamente na qualidade pretendida? Obriga...

• Casual Listener
  • Boa noite,   Gostaria de saber se eu tenho músicas baixadas em qualidade alta e mudar para extrama (ou vice-versa), o sistema automaticamente faz o download da nova qualidade ou devo "excluir"...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes