Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not downloading

Okay so what happend was i lost all my songs idk if i accidentally pressed the "download" bar so it took out all my songs or it just deleted on its own cause i am 100% sure i did not press the download bar. So i was about to redownload them at home u...

• Okay so what happend was i lost all my songs idk if i accidentally pressed the "download" bar so it took out all my songs or it just deleted on its own cause i am 100% sure i did not press the downlo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding all downloaded songs into one playlist

I want to make a single playlist on my android so that I can download that playlist into my laptop spotify. Please tell me there is a way to do it so I don't have to go through and add every single song individually!!

• Casual Listener
  • I want to make a single playlist on my android so that I can download that playlist into my laptop spotify. Please tell me there is a way to do it so I don't have to go through and add every single s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont let me login do to my location

How do I tell Spotify my Location it won't let me log in to my account until I tell them where I am

• How do I tell Spotify my Location it won't let me log in to my account until I tell them where I am
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify en barra notificaciones

Hola, tengo un S8 y desde hace un tiempo veo que me sale la app en forma de notificación en la barra, me sale como si estuviera reproduciendo música pero esta en pause. La verdad es que es molesto pq me sale sin necesitarla, cuando estoy reproduciend...

• Hola, tengo un S8 y desde hace un tiempo veo que me sale la app en forma de notificación en la barra, me sale como si estuviera reproduciendo música pero esta en pause. La verdad es que es molesto pq...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Use Tasker to Open Spotify in Thumbnail/Tile View

Dear community, I was able to use Tasker to start Spotify automatically open and play a playlist on shuffle mode using the code below on my Nexus 7. However, I'd like the app to start in "tile/thumbnail view" instead of the "list view". There is a ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community,   I was able to use Tasker to start Spotify automatically open and play a playlist on shuffle mode using the code below on my Nexus 7. However, I'd like the app to start i...
  • Jophus73
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • tasker
    thumbnail
    tile
    view
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify ramdomly turns on..

im using samsung gs8 and if i have spotify app opened in the device background, it starts to play music suddenly after an alarm or incoming call notification. paused or stopped music starts to resume by itself even after i completely remove the app f...

• im using samsung gs8 and if i have spotify app opened in the device background, it starts to play music suddenly after an alarm or incoming call notification. paused or stopped music starts to resume...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffleplay

When I press shuffle play it bugs my phone and says...Can anyone help? Did they lock me out because I use it too much?The only thing I can think of is, it happened after spotify crashed while I was casting onto my PS4.

• When I press shuffle play it bugs my phone and says... Can anyone help? Did they lock me out because I use it too much? The only thing I can think of is, it happened after spotify crashed while...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting cache

I realized I don't have enough space on my phone to download my playlists because I have a bunch of albums and random songs downloaded so will deleting my cache in the options section delete all the saved songs and playlists I have or just undownload...

• I realized I don't have enough space on my phone to download my playlists because I have a bunch of albums and random songs downloaded so will deleting my cache in the options section delete all the ...
  • LoganHelps
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlimited subscription displayed as free subscription?

Why does my unlimited subscription show up in Android as a free account? That's totally unusable! PC and my smart tv does work great and it dit work in Android also, but now it's like my windows phone... only casual playlist works.

• Casual Listener
  • Why does my unlimited subscription show up in Android as a free account? That's totally unusable! PC and my smart tv does work great and it dit work in Android also, but now it's like my windows phon...
  • MaxW
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App resets/crashes

So my app keeps crashing/resetting. It wont completely crash but the song will reset itself. Happens every few seconds and or minutes. I read somewhere to uninstall and then reinstall but it actually made it kinda worse. I read somewhere else that it...

• Casual Listener
  • So my app keeps crashing/resetting. It wont completely crash but the song will reset itself. Happens every few seconds and or minutes. I read somewhere to uninstall and then reinstall but it actually...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Coming out of lock stops payback and cancels connection to device

Is anyone else experiencing this? If I set it playing a playlist and move off to another app, eventually spotify vanishes from the notification area and payback continues. If you then reload the app it cancels the current payback.And then if you leav...

• Casual Listener
  • Is anyone else experiencing this? If I set it playing a playlist and move off to another app, eventually spotify vanishes from the notification area and payback continues. If you then reload the app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Switch Account in Android App without enter login details?

Hello, I am using Deezer a long time now for me and my family. Mostly I am hearing Rock/Metal and my children audio books with Sonos. In Deezer Family you only have one Account and multiple profiles in this account. But in Sonos, everything is stream...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I am using Deezer a long time now for me and my family. Mostly I am hearing Rock/Metal and my children audio books with Sonos. In Deezer Family you only have one Account and multiple ...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Unwanted Pop Up Ads For Concerts

Hi everyone..I've been a Spotify Premium listener for almost 3 years & am currently utlilizing Spotify on an LG/Android smartphone. Problem is the past 2 weeks now when I stream songs or albums from artists currently on tour..in place of the album co...

• Roadie
  • Hi everyone..I've been a Spotify Premium listener for almost 3 years & am currently utlilizing Spotify on an LG/Android smartphone. Problem is the past 2 weeks now when I stream songs or albums f...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Stream or playback downloaded songs?

If I do play songs which I have downloaded before: are they played from storage or does Spotify stream them over active internet connection? My hope is that I do not need to use offline mode but that Spotify consums no data when playing songs which a...

• Casual Listener
  • If I do play songs which I have downloaded before: are they played from storage or does Spotify stream them over active internet connection? My hope is that I do not need to use offline mode but that...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App not available for download although in Germany

Dear Spotify Community, I have a spotify account and am trying to download the spotify app on my android phone (Samsong Galaxy). However, when trying to download it, google play store gives me the following error message 'Dieser Artikel ist in ihrem ...

• Dear Spotify Community,    I have a spotify account and am trying to download the spotify app on my android phone (Samsong Galaxy). However, when trying to download it, google play stor...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pausing closes top bar access

Using an LG G4 with Android 6.0 marshmallow and now every time I pause my music by dragging down the notification bar or through the lock screen, I have to re open the app to resume my music. Which in turn means I can no longer play music when openin...

• Casual Listener
  • Using an LG G4 with Android 6.0 marshmallow and now every time I pause my music by dragging down the notification bar or through the lock screen, I have to re open the app to resume my music. Which i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

more song please

plad add more songs by bamboo, chin up music for the unsuspecting hero by foster th people, and jeepney by kala

• plad add more songs by bamboo, chin up music for the unsuspecting hero by foster th people, and jeepney by kala
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streamed music dosen't autodelete

With the last update you f*cked something up; I use the app a lot and I know that it keeps a buffer of about 200/300mb while streaming music, but now that buffer isn't recycling and the it keeps getting bigger, after a couple of days of using it I en...

• With the last update you f*cked something up; I use the app a lot and I know that it keeps a buffer of about 200/300mb while streaming music, but now that buffer isn't recycling and the it keeps gett...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to turn up the max volume

The max volume on the spotify app on my Huawei phone is very low. How do i fix this? I have read many posts about this, but nothing that fixes it. Have the latest update.

• The max volume on the spotify app on my Huawei phone is very low. How do i fix this? I have read many posts about this, but nothing that fixes it. Have the latest update.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing at Videos - Angry Premium User

Hi, Fuming.... I've used spotify for agers. Who's ridiculous idea was it to incorporate videos into playlists and then allow the playlist to stop playing all together. Followed by a pop up message saying 'WE'RE NOT ABLE TO PLAY THIS VIDEO IN YOUR CUR...

• Hi,    Fuming.... I've used spotify for agers.  Who's ridiculous idea was it to incorporate videos into playlists and then allow the playlist to stop playing all together.  Foll...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes