Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

crashes when logging in

hi, for the last 2 months everytime i try to log in on my device it says logging in then immediatly closes. has anyone had this issue?

• Casual Listener
  • hi,   for the last 2 months everytime i try to log in on my device it says logging in then immediatly closes. has anyone had this issue?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound fluctuating

When I use Spotify on my Samsung S8 through bluetooth in my car, the sound fluctuates slightly up and down - primarily noticeable when listening to podcasts. It's just plain annoying! Thought it was an equalizer problem, so I tried to see if I could ...

• When I use Spotify on my Samsung S8 through bluetooth in my car, the sound fluctuates slightly up and down - primarily noticeable when listening to podcasts. It's just plain annoying! Thought it was ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to stream over other apps

until today, ive been able to listening to music while using other apps on my mobile. now, it will not work, and it will stop streaming until I open the Spotify app again.

• until today, ive been able to listening to music while using other apps on my mobile. now, it will not work, and it will stop streaming until I open the Spotify app again.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Next Song Button not working properly on Lock Screen

Hi!I've recently upgraded my cell phone to a Huawei P10 lite, and it's driving me nuts. Whenever the phone is in the lock screen and Spotify is running, the controls show up as normal. Play/pause button works. Previous song button works. But when I p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I've recently upgraded my cell phone to a Huawei P10 lite, and it's driving me nuts. Whenever the phone is in the lock screen and Spotify is running, the controls show up as normal. Play/pause...
  • D3L7A3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Default Opening Screen

I guess I don't exactly know where to post this as I do not know if the IOS version has this option or not. I can't be the only one in saying that I wish there was a way to set what screen you wanted spotify to open up to. I personally don't care abo...

• Regular
  • I guess I don't exactly know where to post this as I do not know if the IOS version has this option or not. I can't be the only one in saying that I wish there was a way to set what screen you wanted...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volumen Bajo comparado con Reproductor stock de Galaxy J7

Hola como estan? Mi Smartphone es un Galaxy J7 y el volumen de Spotify es muy bajo comparado con el volumen logrado por otros reproductores en el mismo telefono. Existe alguna solución a este problema? Es un problema de la aplicación? Le a ocurrido a...

• Hola como estan? Mi Smartphone es un Galaxy J7 y el volumen de Spotify es muy bajo comparado con el volumen logrado por otros reproductores en el mismo telefono. Existe alguna solución a este problem...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

CANT PLAY MUSIC OFFLINE, I HAVE PREMIUM

I cant play MUSIC Offline even tho i have premium, this started last nightHowever i still can listen yo music but just online, they downloaded songs doesnt play Offline. Hope you can help me out

• Casual Listener
  • I cant play MUSIC Offline even tho i have premium, this started last night However i still can listen yo music but just online, they downloaded songs doesnt play Offline. Hope you can help me out
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

LAST.FM scrobbling doesnt work

Hi there, I just got myself fantastic and brand new YAMAHA RX-A740 receiver. It supports CONNECT feature but somehow when I switch from playing on my mobile speaker to YAMAHA speakers suddenly stops from adding my recently played music to LAST.FM lib...

Screenshot_2014-12-26-15-39-00.png
  • Regular
  • Hi there, I just got myself fantastic and brand new YAMAHA RX-A740 receiver. It supports CONNECT feature but somehow when I switch from playing on my mobile speaker to YAMAHA speakers suddenly st...
  • berntm
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting the songs

How can i delete the songs more than one?I mean multipl choising.

• Visitor
  • How can i delete the songs more than one?I mean multipl choising.
  • shere92
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hemorrhaging data

Hey Guys, I am unsure if this is the place to post this - but I have noticed that this month alone, my Spotify has incurred 8.5GB of background data, which is up 50% from last month with minimal increase in usage. I have incurred $30 in overages with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys,   I am unsure if this is the place to post this - but I have noticed that this month alone, my Spotify has incurred 8.5GB of background data, which is up 50% from last month with min...
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing downloaded songs

Yesterday I moved to Italy, we have wifi with blocked spotify so I got disconnected. I got premium account so I always use option to download songs because I travel a lot. After I finally logged in with mobile data all my dowloaded songs start acting...

• Yesterday I moved to Italy, we have wifi with blocked spotify so I got disconnected. I got premium account so I always use option to download songs because I travel a lot. After I finally logged in w...
  • Frank7531
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloads partially deleted, and now their status is "waiting to download"

Random songs from my downloads were no longer saved, and their status is "waiting to download". I removed them and went to re-download the albums but they will all still say waiting, even if only one album has been added to the dl queue. Android OS, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Random songs from my downloads were no longer saved, and their status is "waiting to download". I removed them and went to re-download the albums but they will all still say waiting, even if only one...
  • krug_stillo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I have to download download my tracks almost everyday!

hi!A few days ago I bought a Galaxy S (I9003) and I installed Spotify. I downloaded all of the tracks of my playlist to listen to them with the offline mode. The problem is that everytime that I close the program or that I turn off the cellphone (I d...

• hi! A few days ago I bought a Galaxy S (I9003) and I installed Spotify. I downloaded all of the tracks of my playlist to listen to them with the offline mode. The problem is that everytime that I cl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify stops after 16-20 seconds

Does anybody have a clue what causes spotify to stop playing music after a few seconds?I have re-instaled and even downloaded the playlist i have, but still, the music stops playing after a few seconds, EVEN when its in offline mode/or when im not in...

• Does anybody have a clue what causes spotify to stop playing music after a few seconds? I have re-instaled and even downloaded the playlist i have, but still, the music stops playing after a few sec...
  • mrhenry77
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Delete song library

I want to delete all the songs from my song library and album library but I want to keep my playlists, radios, and artists how do I do this. I need a quicker way than deleting one by one because I have over 8,000 songs. I am on android mobile (samsun...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to delete all the songs from my song library and album library but I want to keep my playlists, radios, and artists how do I do this. I need a quicker way than deleting one by one because I ha...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashes constantly but doesn't pause?

My music feed is constantly stopping, as in the audio isn't playing but the song is not paused. My audio is disappearing when I close my screen, when I put my phone in my pocket (no buttons pressed), when other apps are running/or is only running by ...

• My music feed is constantly stopping, as in the audio isn't playing but the song is not paused. My audio is disappearing when I close my screen, when I put my phone in my pocket (no buttons pressed),...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant find the correct app?

I cant seem to fine the Spotify Ltd app for my new samsung galaxy phone, only Spotify magiccloud and that looks completly different and I cant log in anywhere!?

• I cant seem to fine the Spotify Ltd app for my new samsung galaxy phone, only Spotify magiccloud and that looks completly different and I cant log in anywhere!?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change order of songs in playlist (Android)

Could someone please walk me through how to change the order of tracks in a playlist on the Android app? Cheers!

• Casual Listener
  • Could someone please walk me through how to change the order of tracks in a playlist on the Android app? Cheers!
  • Deebeefree
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs greyed out

Hello ive had spotify premium for a while using debit as a payment, my subscription has been revoked and I do not see the debit option there anymore (guess thats why I now have free) No big deal, but all my downloaded songs are gone, and every single...

• Hello ive had spotify premium for a while using debit as a payment, my subscription has been revoked and I do not see the debit option there anymore (guess thats why I now have free)    N...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random Logouts and Unable to Detect music files from SD card

Hey I would really appreciate it if someone could help with this issue.Just recently bought a new Galaxy S8 and decided to give spotify permium service a shot. I have tried to download playlists to listen offline in order to conserve data charges but...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I would really appreciate it if someone could help with this issue. Just recently bought a new Galaxy S8 and decided to give spotify permium service a shot.  I have tried to download playli...
  • Flex3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes