Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to change music on Android via voice control?

I pretty much just use spotify on my phone for when I'm driving.Since my car doesn't have support for voice control, I can only rely on Spotify.So, in order to avoid me getting to change the music on my phone everytime...How can I change the music, p...

• Regular
  • I pretty much just use spotify on my phone for when I'm driving. Since my car doesn't have support for voice control, I can only rely on Spotify. So, in order to avoid me getting to change the musi...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music cuts in and out

Recently, I've been having a major problem with my Spotify. I use an LG V10 and Bluetooth Skull Candy headphones, and I'm on the Spotify Family Premium. The music, whether I'm listening offline, online, with other tabs open, or not, my music cuts in ...

• Recently, I've been having a major problem with my Spotify. I use an LG V10 and Bluetooth Skull Candy headphones, and I'm on the Spotify Family Premium. The music, whether I'm listening offline, onli...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Una mierda si no pagas da fallos

Pues eso, dejar constancia de que la versión gratis da problemas y nadie responde por ellos

• Regular
  • Pues eso, dejar constancia de que la versión gratis da problemas y nadie responde por ellos
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Both buttons in notification bar skip forward

Hello,When hearing a podcast you have the possibility to skip back or forward 15 seconds. In the opened app it works fine. But if I do it in the dragged down notifications bar instead, both buttons will skip 15 seconds forward. Is this a known proble...

• Hello, When hearing a podcast you have the possibility to skip back or forward 15 seconds. In the opened app it works fine. But if I do it in the dragged down notifications bar instead, both buttons...
  • BlaineEXE
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No equalizer when spotify plays connected to car

I am experiencing a strange issue when I connect my phone to car stereo, both through bluetooth and usb: with Spotify I can't control bass/middle/treble, no effect on reproduction. It sounds very poor and without bass. But if a play a song with anoth...

• Casual Listener
  • I am experiencing a strange issue when I connect my phone to car stereo, both through bluetooth and usb: with Spotify I can't control bass/middle/treble, no effect on reproduction. It sounds very poo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue when plugged in to car AUX - OK Google

Hi, this is driving me and my boyfriend mad as we can no longer listen to music in the car!! Every time we play music through Spotify and plug in to the AUX in the car, about 10 seconds in to a song OK Google opens up, and so the music stops. Cancel ...

• Hi, this is driving me and my boyfriend mad as we can no longer listen to music in the car!!    Every time we play music through Spotify and plug in to the AUX in the car, about 10 second...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Configuration problems

When I stop using another phone resource, like, calls or allarm, the last music I was listening starts without my request.I don't know what happened or how to fix it.Could someone help me?

• Casual Listener
  • When I stop using another phone resource, like, calls or allarm, the last music I was listening starts without my request. I don't know what happened or how to fix it. Could someone help me?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing a song from playlist in "now playing" screen

How come I cannot remove a song from a playlist when the song is playing? When I'm listening to a song, and I want to remove it from a playlist, I press the three button menu list and remove song is not an option for me but it is for my friend who ha...

Screenshot_20170613-195301.png IMG_20170613_203106_192.png
  • Casual Listener
  • How come I cannot remove a song from a playlist when the song is playing? When I'm listening to a song, and I want to remove it from a playlist, I press the three button menu list and remove song is ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts to play after call even if not open

As soon as I hang up from a call or I turn my alarm off, Spotify starts a song even if it wasn't open or playing a song before. How to stop it? It does it when I'm at work and my cell is in silence mode

• As soon as I hang up from a call or I turn my alarm off, Spotify starts a song even if it wasn't open or playing a song before. How to stop it? It does it when I'm at work and my cell is in silence m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps deleting my downloaded music

Hello everyone,The music I have downloaded on my phone keeps on un-downloading itself from my playlist, so I log on offline and have no music available to listen to. While this isn't a massive problem when I'm on the go in Holland (where I live) I'm ...

• Hello everyone, The music I have downloaded on my phone keeps on un-downloading itself from my playlist, so I log on offline and have no music available to listen to. While this isn't a massive prob...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify running

Hello! How can I speed up the addition of tracks in Running? And then I rarely updated (

• Hello! How can I speed up the addition of tracks in Running? And then I rarely updated (
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting library

How can I delete every song i added to the library without hide 'em? I have tons of song saved and I want to restart adding only what I need.

• How can I delete every song i added to the library without hide 'em? I have tons of song saved and I want to restart adding only what I need.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Armazenamento configurado para SD esta ocupando dispositivo também

Olá!Configurei para armazenar minhas músicas no sd, mas pelo que percebi está armazenando no dispositivo, pois quando instalei o spotfy e baixei minhas músicas o espaço foi alterado tanto no sd quanto no dispositivo.

• Olá! Configurei para armazenar minhas músicas no sd, mas pelo que percebi está armazenando no dispositivo, pois quando instalei o spotfy e baixei minhas músicas o espaço foi alterado tanto no sd qua...
  • EricSRodrigues
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Tethering MobileData, Chromecast and Spotify

As of a few days ago, my ChromeCast can not be seen in my Devices box in Spotify when I am sharing/tethering my Mobilenetwork. I used to just go out to my shop, turn on MobileDate, then turn on the Tethering Wifi and then my Samsung Note 3 finds my 2...

• Casual Listener
  • As of a few days ago, my ChromeCast can not be seen in my Devices box in Spotify when I am sharing/tethering my Mobilenetwork.   I used to just go out to my shop, turn on MobileDate, then turn...
  • LoganHelps
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Song slider stuck at 0:00

After I have upgraded Spotify to premium on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the song duration/timer/slider does not move along with the song. Songs play just fine but when I select a duration along the slider, the song skips to that duration but the slider...

• After I have upgraded Spotify to premium on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the song duration/timer/slider does not move along with the song. Songs play just fine but when I select a duration along the sli...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotty Playback on Android

Well, I've been living with this issue for well over a year, hoping that updates would have fixed it by now... but apparently not. I've been having a rather peculiar glitch where my songs, at completely random intervals, will stop playing. HOWEVER, S...

• Well, I've been living with this issue for well over a year, hoping that updates would have fixed it by now... but apparently not.    I've been having a rather peculiar glitch where my so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unplugging headphones after listening to Spotify messes with speaker/earpiece

I first asked this question in the support community of my phone's manufacturer. I have a Lenovo Moto G5, running on Android 7.0. After listening to Spotify, I unplug my headphones, letting the music pause automatically (I don't push the pause button...

• I first asked this question in the support community of my phone's manufacturer. I have a Lenovo Moto G5, running on Android 7.0. After listening to Spotify, I unplug my headphones, letting the music...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account

I already paid for my Premium account on 06/09/2017And so far has not made my release from the Premium, I would like to be helped. Thank tou.

• Visitor
  • I already paid for my Premium account on 06/09/2017 And so far has not made my release from the Premium, I would like to be helped. Thank tou.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android, hidden Genius

I can't ever see the whole of the Genius page. It is partially covered and will neither allow me to scroll through it, or change the size

• I can't ever see the whole of the Genius page. It is partially covered and will neither allow me to scroll through it, or change the size
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing playlist on new android

I bought a new android and when I log in there is no history. Accounts looks like I just started with no playlist. I look I to my account and can see my premium account is active so I know I have the correct account. I looked into restoring playlist ...

• I bought a new android and when I log in there is no history. Accounts looks like I just started with no playlist. I look I to my account and can see my premium account is active so I know I have the...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes