Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn off Equalizer on a Samsung device

I can not turn off Equalizer from my Samsung device . Equalizer disrupts the sound and this is very annoying . Help me please :))

• Casual Listener
  • I can not turn off Equalizer from my Samsung device . Equalizer disrupts the sound and this is very annoying . Help me please :))
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Crashing and Freezing constantly, flashing playlists

I am using the app on my Samsung galaxy s7. For about a week if i search for something in a playlist that search will keep flashing up even after ive deleted it until it eventually crashes. This bug does not carry across playlists.After the recent up...

• I am using the app on my Samsung galaxy s7. For about a week if i search for something in a playlist that search will keep flashing up even after ive deleted it until it eventually crashes. This bug ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App stops as soon as I try to play a song.

I have a zte zmax. I downloaded the app this morning, signed up, everything normal. As soon as I tried to stream the app just stops and closes out. I tried to uninstall, & installed it again but it didn't work. Restarted the device and nothing. Any s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a zte zmax. I downloaded the app this morning, signed up, everything normal. As soon as I tried to stream the app just stops and closes out. I tried to uninstall, & installed it again but ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help! They are always "downloading" my songs.

Hi, my name's Brandon.I have a problem, recently I downloaded different "playlist". I chose to be downloaded in the "SD". The internal memory of my Samsung is 5 GB, therefore it is not possible to download my songs there. The problem is that when I f...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, my name's Brandon. I have a problem, recently I downloaded different "playlist". I chose to be downloaded in the "SD". The internal memory of my Samsung is 5 GB, therefore it is not possible to ...
  • Braan20
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App Stops Playing After a Few Songs...

I'm a premium user... I have playlists downloaded and streamed... I press play on a list containing hundreds of songs both downloaded and streamed... after a few songs the music stops. I look at the app and it's blank or a song will show but the forw...

• Regular
  • I'm a premium user... I have playlists downloaded and streamed... I press play on a list containing hundreds of songs both downloaded and streamed... after a few songs the music stops.  I look a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 3 drop down menu

Hey everyone, I'm having some issues with spotify I'm unable to correct. The drop down menu has turned into a giant blocky box with minimal information compared to the sizing. I've seen the new build of spotify on my desk partner's Pixel and wonderin...

• Hey everyone, I'm having some issues with spotify I'm unable to correct. The drop down menu has turned into a giant blocky box with minimal information compared to the sizing. I've seen the new build...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Messages

I'm having trouble with my subscription, I went premium right after I received ano email saying that I can go premium for 3 months for $0.99. I subscribe to the premium and I have proof I got my receipt, in my account it says I have premium. I'm get ...

• Regular
  • I'm having trouble with my subscription, I went premium right after I received ano email saying that I can go premium for 3 months for $0.99. I subscribe to the premium and I have proof I got my rece...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discovery Weekly HELP

My discovery weekly has disappeared, second time this has happened.Last time it was recreated manually by staff.

• Visitor
  • My discovery weekly has disappeared, second time this has happened. Last time it was recreated manually by staff.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not playing sound

I was playing spotify in the car this morning and got a phone call. afterwards spotify stopped playing sound but it showed the song was still playing. deleted and reinstalled- didn't work. whenever I paused the song too it would always jump back to t...

• I was playing spotify in the car this morning and got a phone call. afterwards spotify stopped playing sound but it showed the song was still playing. deleted and reinstalled- didn't work. whenever I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discovery Weekly playlist is Descubrimiento semenal now

I opened up spotify and looked for discovery weekly playlist. I couldn't find it, but I discovered that the playlist name is in spanish now. Why is this happening? How do I change it back to English? I've tried changing languages, logging out of all ...

• I opened up spotify and looked for discovery weekly playlist.  I couldn't find it, but I discovered that the playlist name is in spanish now.   Why is this happening?   How do I ch...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cancelling subscription

I have recently changed my phone from an Android galaxy s3 to an s7edge. I transfered my data and apps from old to new phone. On checking my Spotify play lists and saved music I found they didn't transfer.I then decided to to contact Spotify, on acce...

• Visitor
  • I have recently changed my phone from an Android galaxy s3 to an s7edge. I transfered my data and apps from old to new phone. On checking my Spotify play lists and saved music I found they didn't tra...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Didn't get new design update

Hi, the past week i saw all my friends with the new spotify redesign (The one that haves the tabs at the bottom) and i'm not getting it. I did have an update this morning, hoping to be that one, but nope. How can i get it? This morning update was 7.0...

• Hi, the past week i saw all my friends with the new spotify redesign (The one that haves the tabs at the bottom) and i'm not getting it.   I did have an update this morning, hoping to be that ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    new
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Não consigo mudar de musica com a tela bloquada

Tenho um Xperia z3 android 6.0.1 e quando a tela está bloqueada não consigo mudar de musica. Alguma solução para esse problema, ou é normal essa limitação?

• Casual Listener
  • Tenho um Xperia z3 android 6.0.1 e quando a tela está bloqueada não consigo mudar de musica. Alguma solução para esse problema, ou é normal essa limitação?
  • tiagotheiss
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Payament

I made payment via Bank transfer, i already received the receipt confirmation email, but my accoount allows free

• Casual Listener
  • I made payment via Bank transfer, i already received the receipt confirmation email, but my accoount allows free
  • alanbessa
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No possibility to change saving options on Samsung Tablet

Hey, on my smartphone I can choose between Device Storage and SD card, like in this article: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/?ref=related But on my samsung Galaxy tab A there isn't a storage option, so i can't...

• Hey,   on my smartphone I can choose between Device Storage and SD card, like in this article: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/?ref=related &nbsp...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify with 3G Vodafone

Hello, on my LG g3 spotify won't work with 3G bit only with WiFi. I tried to change apn, do a clean installation of the app but nothing changed. I al using android 6.0.1, please help me.

• Hello, on my LG g3 spotify won't work with 3G bit only with WiFi. I tried to change apn, do a clean installation of the app but nothing changed. I al using android 6.0.1, please help me.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Share token between devices

I'm working in a startup where we are developing a system composed of two devices, one without screen but with audio output and the other device with screen but without audio output.We would like to use Android SDK to access Spotify service but we ne...

• I'm working in a startup where we are developing a system composed of two devices, one without screen but with audio output and the other device with screen but without audio output. We would like t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

connect to a device

Just got spotify and purchased premium It gives me no option to connect to a device in the now playing bar. I want to bluetooth to my yamaha reciever and have no option to connect to it. Help please? Thankyou

• Just got spotify and purchased premium  It gives me no option to connect to a device in the now playing bar. I want to bluetooth to my yamaha reciever and have no option to connect to it. Help p...
  • kurtd
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Saved Music Not Playing

Old downloads are fine. But recently downloaded ones, succesfully saves but when playing offline, they are not complete. So the music stops in the middle part. Not all songs do this but yeah, some recent ones do. Whats the fix? I dont want to redownl...

• Casual Listener
  • Old downloads are fine. But recently downloaded ones, succesfully saves but when playing offline, they are not complete. So the music stops in the middle part. Not all songs do this but yeah, some re...
  • Rojh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Capa do álbum na tela de bloqueio.

Não visualizo mais as capas dos álbuns com a música tecoando na tela de bloqueio do Android 6.0.1.O que fazer??

• Não visualizo mais as capas dos álbuns com a música tecoando na tela de bloqueio do Android 6.0.1. O que fazer??
  • felippeal
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes