Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Singles not showing on artist page

Singles not showing on artist pages about a week ago everything i do to solve the problem is not working and its really annoying does anyone knows how to fix it?

• Singles not showing on artist pages about a week ago everything i do to solve the problem is not working and its really annoying does anyone knows how to fix it?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync offline playlists

Hi there,I have a question. I have a premium account and I am using Spotify on two Android devices. On one of them I have downloaded playlists available for offline mode. Is it possible to listen offline the same playlists on my second device without...

• Hi there, I have a question. I have a premium account and I am using Spotify on two Android devices. On one of them I have downloaded playlists available for offline mode. Is it possible to listen o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Car Bluetooth controls stopped working

I have lost the ability to control Spotify in my car via Bluetooth using the buttons on the dash and steering wheel after the latest updates to Spotify. I have android version 6.5.0.1816 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android vesion 6.0.1. Any idea why ...

• Music Fan
  • I have lost the ability to control Spotify in my car via Bluetooth using the buttons on the dash and steering wheel after the latest updates to Spotify. I have android version 6.5.0.1816 on a Samsung...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Volume control on locked screen

Hello. I cant control spotify volume on locked screen. It only controls android sound, even if music is playing in background. To change volume i have to unlock screen and go to spotify app. Is anything i can do with it to control volume on locked sc...

• Hello. I cant control spotify volume on locked screen. It only controls android sound, even if music is playing in background. To change volume i have to unlock screen and go to spotify app. Is anyth...
  • amgmsgti
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    control
    Spotify
    volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Different UI?

Few days ago I noticed that UI has changed. It is awful, I hate it and seriously considering cancel my premium subscription. I already tried uninstall, delete the rest of files via app manager, install again, but it doesn't help. Does anyone has the ...

• Music Fan
  • Few days ago I noticed that UI has changed. It is awful, I hate it and seriously considering cancel my premium subscription. I already tried uninstall, delete the rest of files via app manager, insta...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Data usage

Hi. I've had Spotify (premium) for years and suddenly my data usage has gone through the roof. I haven't changed anything and have the playlists I listen to all the time offline and am actually using it less if anything. My data usage has almost trip...

• Hi. I've had Spotify (premium) for years and suddenly my data usage has gone through the roof. I haven't changed anything and have the playlists I listen to all the time offline and am actually using...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local tracks won't download to my phone.

Didn't get any answers in my old thread because of not using the right template. Redoing it! 1. Short summary Basically my problem is that spotify won't sync my local files (embedded in my offline playlists). Under the device menu on my computer, the...

• Casual Listener
  • Didn't get any answers in my old thread because of not using the right template. Redoing it!   1. Short summary Basically my problem is that spotify won't sync my local files (embedded in ...
  • zp0wer
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Switching back to the old Spotify setup

I dont like the new setup for spotify, a lot, and I'm going to end my two years of continuous payment if there is no option to fix it so the menu is on the left, in a menu, not along the bottom of the screen.

• Casual Listener
  • I dont like the new setup for spotify, a lot, and I'm going to end my two years of continuous payment if there is no option to fix it so the menu is on the left, in a menu, not along the bottom of th...
  • Estro
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Why hide the Album Name??

So I have my apps to not auto update and I just got the latest November (23) update of spotify from my previous August update. The UI is completely, cool.But - The album name is no longer listed in any display or notification?The previous display sho...

• So I have my apps to not auto update and I just got the latest November (23) update of spotify from my previous August update.   The UI is completely, cool. But - The album name is no longe...
  • Hza47
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Gapless playback not working on all albums

Hello,I was wondering if anyone can help with the issue I am having with gapless music.Most of the time it works fine but it seems there are a few albums where it does not work. I have crossfade set to 2s and have tried changing the crossfade length....

• Regular
  • Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help with the issue I am having with gapless music. Most of the time it works fine but it seems there are a few albums where it does not work. I have crossf...
  • Prog_Drummer
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to songs on free account

Cancelled my premium subscription and now I can't listen to songs with connected to internet. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • Cancelled my premium subscription and now I can't listen to songs with connected to internet. Any help?
  • Kyle8696
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleting downloaded songs

I'm having problems with Spotify app on android deleting my songs after they are downloaded. I have very limited wifi at the moment so I try to keep all of my big play lists offline (I have extremely slow Internet and a limited amount of data, ie. 3r...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having problems with Spotify app on android deleting my songs after they are downloaded. I have very limited wifi at the moment so I try to keep all of my big play lists offline (I have extremely...
  • Kirkshoe
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

downloads being deleted and downloaded music won't play

Hello, Spotify continually deletes all my downloaded music or will not let me play downloaded music. I just got a new phone last week (LG G Vista) and downloaded all my music (1200 songs). I tried to play my downloaded music Friday but it said an Int...

• Hello,   Spotify continually deletes all my downloaded music or will not let me play downloaded music. I just got a new phone last week (LG G Vista) and downloaded all my music (1200 songs). I...
  • Kirkshoe
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded data deleted

I´m extremely frustrated with Spotify lately. Spotify is constantly swifting from SD storage to internal storage. When I archieve that Spotify recongnizes the SD again and swift to SD storage, it redownloads all the songs, altought they are already d...

• Casual Listener
  • I´m extremely frustrated with Spotify lately. Spotify is constantly swifting from SD storage to internal storage. When I archieve that Spotify recongnizes the SD again and swift to SD storage, it red...
  • Kirkshoe
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Yamaha RX-V1075 - PROBLEM SOLVED

I am having problems with Spotify and Yamaha RX-V1075 receiver (firmware 1.86, just updated several days ago). The Yamaha has built in streaming media options such as Rhapsody, SiriusXM, Pandora as well as Spotify but yet Spotify will not work. I kno...

Screenshot_20161125-123521.png Screenshot_20161125-125059.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I am having problems with Spotify and Yamaha RX-V1075 receiver (firmware 1.86, just updated several days ago). The Yamaha has built in streaming media options such as Rhapsody, SiriusXM, Pandora as w...
  • tugboatr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify se para despues de algunas canciones

Spotify se para despues de algunas canciones, es decir se cancela, en un samsung grand prime sistema android.

• Spotify se para despues de algunas canciones, es decir se cancela, en un samsung grand prime sistema android.
  • borinquenatl
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on Log in screen

Something is happening to my Spotify. For 2 days it has been saying I'm offline, which is not true. Then my downloaded songs started to turn grey and have become unplayable. Now I can't even log in. I use Facebook login and it just stays on "Please w...

• Casual Listener
  • Something is happening to my Spotify. For 2 days it has been saying I'm offline, which is not true. Then my downloaded songs started to turn grey and have become unplayable. Now I can't even log in. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't search music

The last two days every time I try to search music Spotify will close and send me to my home page.on my phone??

• The last two days every time I try to search music Spotify will close and send me to my home page.on my phone??
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes