Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! android 6.0

hi! i have a Motorola Moto G (3gn) and one external SD like internal memory...somebody can use the "external memory"? because my spotify app, use the "internal memory"...tnks a lot if you answer my question!.

• hi! i have a Motorola Moto G (3gn) and one external SD like internal memory... somebody can use the "external memory"? because my spotify app, use the "internal memory"... tnks a lot if you answer ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! S7 edge cannot lunch the app

I cannot lunch the app on my s7. Black screen and a notification saying un unable to find storage...Presse help!

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot lunch the app on my s7. Black screen and a notification saying un unable to find storage... Presse help!
  • Darkneo
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no internet connectrion

hello.im having trouble with the android spotify app on my galaxy s5. sometimes when im listening to my music it suddenly stops. when i try to open the app the only thing is get is a black screen with the green loading circle. after a few seconds it ...

• Casual Listener
  • hello. im having trouble with the android spotify app on my galaxy s5.  sometimes when im listening to my music it suddenly stops. when i try to open the app the only thing is get is a black s...
  • once130
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nike + running and Spotify on Android

Hello everybody, Has anyone heard about Spotify's partnership with Nike + running app for Android (Nike+ Running Pace Station integration)? At the moment, it is only available for Iphone nike + running app. I was wondering when it will be available f...

• Hello everybody,    Has anyone heard about Spotify's partnership with Nike + running app for Android ( Nike+ Running Pace Station integration) ? At the moment, it is only available f...
  • Kleyton
  • 6 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Music
    Other
    workout
  • 6 replies
  • 14 likes

App for spotify for android phone

I have just joined spotify premium trial on my home computer I would like to use spotify on my smart android samsung phone. Can anyone help me to start this process.Cath

• I have just joined spotify premium trial on my home computer I would like to use spotify on my smart android samsung phone. Can anyone help me to start this process. Cath
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile "up next" access

Please update the layout options for selecting "up next" items or anything from that menu. I search for a song press the icon and it thinks I want the scroll bar and thows me way down the list. Repeatedly and to the point of frustration and not using...

• Please update the layout options for selecting "up next" items or anything from that menu. I search for a song press the icon and it thinks I want the scroll bar and thows me way down the list. Repea...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot move songs to sd card

In the recent app update an option in the settings of the spotify app to select where you want spotify to save the song cahce. I tap on the option to move on the sd card and the notifcation appears with a progress bar but once it finished it comes up...

• Casual Listener
  • In the recent app update an option in the settings of the spotify app to select where you want spotify to save the song cahce. I tap on the option to move on the sd card and the notifcation appears w...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline playlists still buffering

I drive all day and sometimes have bad service so I went with premium so I can download my playlists and play offline. I thought I'd be able to play my playlists without worry of being in a dead spot and having my music pause but this isn't the case....

• Casual Listener
  • I drive all day and sometimes have bad service so I went with premium so I can download my playlists and play offline. I thought I'd be able to play my playlists without worry of being in a dead spot...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app with premium account

I'm using spotify for 16 months now an I really loved it.. until my phone downloaded this update..Now I'm paying 10€ per month for listening to music with an app, that doesn't work really good.If I don't close the app but go back to the desktop and I...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using spotify for 16 months now an I really loved it.. until my phone downloaded this update.. Now I'm paying 10€ per month for listening to music with an app, that doesn't work really good. If...
  • Aluna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist and song name won't update on Mitsubishi MMCS over BT

I am using a Galaxy S2 phone with Cyanogen 12.1 Android 5.1.1 and Spotify version 5.0.0.956 with my Mitsubishi ASX MMCS audio system, software version F. I can control the music, but the song and artist information won't update, the first song that w...

• I am using a Galaxy S2 phone with Cyanogen 12.1 Android 5.1.1 and Spotify version 5.0.0.956 with my Mitsubishi ASX MMCS audio system, software version F. I can control the music, but the song and art...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! After I follow Artists they won't appear on my list

After a while, I started noticing that some artists I started following wouldn't appear on my list, they were not followed although I did follow them, now that happens with every artist I start to follow, they somehow unfollow automatically and won't...

• Casual Listener
  • After a while, I started noticing that some artists I started following wouldn't appear on my list, they were not followed although I did follow them, now that happens with every artist I start to fo...
  • nend
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Artists list
    Follow button
    following
    Help
    unfollow
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Up to 200MB monthly data usage while 'Download using cellular' is off. What does Spotify download?

I use Spotify (Premium) every day. Settings:Offline mode deactivatedDownload using cellular: offThat should mean that Spotify downloads tracks only on WiFi, which seems to be te case.When I consult my Data usage per app (Android 6 on Nexus 5), I see ...

• Music Fan
  • I use Spotify (Premium) every day. Settings: Offline mode deactivated Download using cellular: off That should mean that Spotify downloads tracks only on WiFi, which seems to be te case. W...
  • paulochf
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify continuously deleting my playlists

My syned playlists keep disappearing off my iphone. When I log into my account on a PC, I can see that all playlists have been deleted. I'm able to recover these, but within days they will automatically delete again. I did have spotify on multiple de...

• Casual Listener
  • My syned playlists keep disappearing off my iphone. When I log into my account on a PC, I can see that all playlists have been deleted. I'm able to recover these, but within days they will automatica...
  • annettemclachla
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App shortcut not on phone

I have downloaded Spotify, but the app is not appearing on my phone. I have to go to app store and "open" the app to start using.

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded Spotify, but the app is not appearing on my phone. I have to go to app store and "open" the app to start using.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No app shortcut
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash after playing for a short time

Phone: Redmi Note2Version: LatestIt happened to my phone where the Spotify just close by itself after playing not more than a song time. I rebooted my phone, deleted and redownload it but it seems it never help.

• Casual Listener
  • Phone: Redmi Note2 Version: Latest It happened to my phone where the Spotify just close by itself after playing not more than a song time. I rebooted my phone, deleted and redownload it but it seem...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Movie songs

I searched the movie soundtracks for rio and madagacasr 2 but the travelling song and hot wings dont appear why?

• I searched the movie soundtracks for rio and madagacasr 2 but the travelling song and hot wings dont appear why?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Movie songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android not available

Hello everybody, I have a premium account and I am using it on my laptop. I live in Jamaica and I noticed that I can not find Spotify app for Android on the Google Store. I guess Jamaica is in the banned country list, is there a way to install the ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody, I have a premium account and I am using it on my laptop. I live in Jamaica and I noticed that I can not find Spotify app for Android on the Google Store. I guess Jamaica is in the ba...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Dowloaded song dissappear

I have had a premium account for over a year now and I download most of my music to listen to offline. Ever 1/2 months my app removes my dowloaded offline access. The tracks are still there but not available offline? I have had 3 different phone and ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had a premium account for over a year now and I download most of my music to listen to offline. Ever 1/2 months my app removes my dowloaded offline access. The tracks are still there but not a...
  • Chan31
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Unbalanced sound

When i listening (online or offline) sound level is changing by itself. I changed quality options to high quality. But its still continue. What can i do?

• Casual Listener
  • When i listening (online or offline) sound level is changing by itself. I changed quality options to high quality. But its still continue. What can i do?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Android Auto buttons

Can someone tell me what these buttons mean when I'm listening to a station on Android Auto? I'm new to Spotify and tried to find the equivalent buttons in the Windows app but couldn't. I also could not find any manual or help pages specific to the A...

• Can someone tell me what these buttons mean when I'm listening to a station on Android Auto?  I'm new to Spotify and tried to find the equivalent buttons in the Windows app but couldn't.  I...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes