Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable Songs on mobile

I have Spotify Prenium, I have make a playlist with musics in Spotify (in the software), and with musics which are on my computer (my own files mp3).On my Android, I have the local files which are "unavailable", while I have previously make playlist ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Prenium, I have make a playlist with musics in Spotify (in the software), and with musics which are on my computer (my own files mp3). On my Android, I have the local files which ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Storage on device

Hey Spotify, I am a faithful user and recently, when I lasted updated on 3/26/16 Spotify will not work any longer on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I get an error message saying that the device storage settings are off, and after contacting my service provide...

• Regular
  • Hey Spotify,  I am a faithful user and recently, when I lasted updated on 3/26/16 Spotify will not work any longer on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I get an error message saying that the device storage...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Chromecast stopped showing cover art and next / previous / current track

Spotify for Chromecast for all the time I owned Chromecast, shown a fancy list of previous, current and next track.But since about a week or two ago, this changed and now everytime I start casting audio from my chromecast, it just shows a big Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify for Chromecast for all the time I owned Chromecast, shown a fancy list of previous, current and next track. But since about a week or two ago, this changed and now everytime I start casting ...
  • Zim3000x
  • 19 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!! Filter for dowloaded albums is gone

I have a samsung S6. I had previously been able to filter albums to show only downloaded albums by using the button on the upper right hand of the list. Yesterday, the filter disappeared and I now show only dowloaded albums. The button has disappeare...

• Music Fan
  • I have a samsung S6.   I had previously been able to filter albums to show only downloaded albums by using the button on the upper right hand of the list.   Yesterday, the filter disapp...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting a song from library across devices?!

Hi, I have a PC client and two phones. I also have same library of my music available offline for each device. When I try to delete some song from the library (remove the tick), for some strange and totally nerving reason it comes back to my library ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a PC client and two phones. I also have same library of my music available offline for each device. When I try to delete some song from the library (remove the tick), for some str...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes whilst logging in (android S5)

Hi, hoping someone can help. I recently uninstalled spotify during the most recent update a few days ago which caused login issues (myself included) with Sptofiy. I've completely wiped all information/data of Spotify from my phone/sd card and uninsta...

• Regular
  • Hi, hoping someone can help.   I recently uninstalled spotify during the most recent update a few days ago which caused login issues (myself included) with Sptofiy.   I've completely wi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't open - Kein Speicherbereich gefunden

Hi, I am unable to open the Spotify app. It displays the Error Message: "Kein Speicherbereich gefunden - Speichereinst. des Gerätes überprüfen.This error suddenly appeared. Before I had no problem with my saved music. I have roughly 2 GB of Music on ...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi,   I am unable to open the Spotify app. It displays the Error Message: "Kein Speicherbereich gefunden - Speichereinst. des Gerätes überprüfen. This error suddenly appeared. Before I ...
  • Chris1692
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App
    bug
    Speicherbereich
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 5.1.1

Spotify. I recently purchased a devise that has android os 5.1.1 . When I go to the Google play store, the app there for Spotify says, "incompatible". ?? Is there a Spotify app for 5.1.1?? Advise, thanks, dw

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify. I recently purchased a devise that has android os 5.1.1 . When I go to the Google play store, the app there for Spotify says, "incompatible". ?? Is there a Spotify app for 5.1.1?? Advis...
  • dr5chrone
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mon appli ne se lance plus

Bonjour, je suis abonnée Spotify prenium et depuis deux jours gros bug quand je veux lancer mon appli sur mon mobile ..ecran noir et rien ne se passe ca reste sur ecran noir avec message de mon tel " pas d 'espace de stockage trouvé. Elle fonctionnai...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour,   je suis abonnée Spotify prenium et depuis deux jours gros bug quand je veux lancer mon appli sur mon mobile ..ecran noir et rien ne se passe ca reste sur ecran noir avec message de ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode on Android: Auto download

Hey everyone, I don't usually do this but I thought I give it a shot. I just have to ask if there's a way to keep offline mode on but not have it download every single song you save into your library. I love being able to have high-quality songs on t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone,   I don't usually do this but I thought I give it a shot. I just have to ask if there's a way to keep offline mode on but not have it download every single song you save into you...
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Auto download
    offline mode
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Discovery weekly not updating

My discover weekly hasn't updated since the beginning of march help Plz!

• My discover weekly hasn't updated since the beginning of march 😞 help Plz!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stops plays after songs, errors

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I have a premium sub to Spotify. For a couple years now Spotify has been great, but past month when playing in my car, Spotify stops playing after every song until I unlock my phone again. Also saying cannot play track...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I have a premium sub to Spotify. For a couple years now Spotify has been great, but past month when playing in my car, Spotify stops playing after every song until I u...
  • Goldfish0519
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Error message wont play android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema Spotify - Movistar

Hace un mes podía usar Spotify a través del servicio de Datos de mi plan con Movistar, ahora no me funciona, aparece el mensaje "You are offline", sólo funciona con WiFi pero yo deseo usarlo con Datos. ¿Qué puedo hacer?.

• Hace un mes podía usar Spotify a través del servicio de Datos de mi plan con Movistar, ahora no me funciona, aparece el mensaje "You are offline", sólo funciona con WiFi pero yo deseo usarlo con Dato...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I move my music to a new device

I got a new phone and want to transfer all my music but I can't figure it out... help please!!!

• Casual Listener
  • I got a new phone and want to transfer all my music but I can't figure it out... help please!!!
  • Jo1013
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Local Files stuck on Waiting to Download

Hello I just started using spotiy and found that some songs that I want are not on it so I wanted to add some myself.The songs play on my PC since they are local files but I can't seem to get them to download on my android device.I am connected to th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I just started using spotiy and found that some songs that I want are not on it so I wanted to add some myself. The songs play on my PC since they are local files but I can't seem to get them ...
  • audiooptimerad
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify App thinks I have downloaded to 3 devices but I haven't

HI, I know there are lots of posts about how to get spotify to download to an sd card and I have tried and tried everything I have read and none of it has worked. This has resulted in the app telling me I have downloaded to the maximum of 3 devices w...

• Casual Listener
  • HI,   I know there are lots of posts about how to get spotify to download to an sd card and I have tried and tried everything I have read and none of it has worked.  This has resulte...
  • 4dMac
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stuck in Offline-modus

Hey, I've read and tried all the basic things on how to fix this. Delete cache, log out/in, uninstall/reinstall. I can't pick any song anymore after using offline modus like one or two months ago. I have this issue on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I've read and tried all the basic things on how to fix this. Delete cache, log out/in, uninstall/reinstall. I can't pick any song anymore after using offline modus like one or two month...
  • __LP
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Urbanears Plattan wireless android problems

Dear spotify community, I recently got the Urbanears Plattan ADV wireless headset, the one from the offer. It's a nice little headset, with nice audio quality.However, I have one small problem. My problem is, when I try to use the headphones with spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear spotify community,   I recently got the Urbanears Plattan ADV wireless headset, the one from the offer. It's a nice little headset, with nice audio quality. However, I have one smal...
  • m0p13p
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    huawei
    Plattan
    Urbanears
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't disconnect Last.fm from Spotify

Hello!I'm having some troubles with my Spotify on Android. I have deleted my profile from Last.fm which I had connected with my Spotify account. Now everytime when I either open the Spotify app or just restart my phone I get a notification from the S...

• Hello! I'm having some troubles with my Spotify on Android. I have deleted my profile from Last.fm which I had connected with my Spotify account. Now everytime when I either open the Spotify app o...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Saving offline

I can't seem to switch between my data or WiFi downloads. Don't see the option in settings.

• Regular
  • I can't seem to switch between my data or WiFi downloads. Don't see the option in settings.
  • MrBizradley
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes