Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify with 3G Vodafone

Hello, on my LG g3 spotify won't work with 3G bit only with WiFi. I tried to change apn, do a clean installation of the app but nothing changed. I al using android 6.0.1, please help me.

• Hello, on my LG g3 spotify won't work with 3G bit only with WiFi. I tried to change apn, do a clean installation of the app but nothing changed. I al using android 6.0.1, please help me.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Share token between devices

I'm working in a startup where we are developing a system composed of two devices, one without screen but with audio output and the other device with screen but without audio output.We would like to use Android SDK to access Spotify service but we ne...

• I'm working in a startup where we are developing a system composed of two devices, one without screen but with audio output and the other device with screen but without audio output. We would like t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

connect to a device

Just got spotify and purchased premium It gives me no option to connect to a device in the now playing bar. I want to bluetooth to my yamaha reciever and have no option to connect to it. Help please? Thankyou

• Just got spotify and purchased premium  It gives me no option to connect to a device in the now playing bar. I want to bluetooth to my yamaha reciever and have no option to connect to it. Help p...
  • kurtd
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Saved Music Not Playing

Old downloads are fine. But recently downloaded ones, succesfully saves but when playing offline, they are not complete. So the music stops in the middle part. Not all songs do this but yeah, some recent ones do. Whats the fix? I dont want to redownl...

• Casual Listener
  • Old downloads are fine. But recently downloaded ones, succesfully saves but when playing offline, they are not complete. So the music stops in the middle part. Not all songs do this but yeah, some re...
  • Rojh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Capa do álbum na tela de bloqueio.

Não visualizo mais as capas dos álbuns com a música tecoando na tela de bloqueio do Android 6.0.1.O que fazer??

• Não visualizo mais as capas dos álbuns com a música tecoando na tela de bloqueio do Android 6.0.1. O que fazer??
  • felippeal
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No option to save music on SD card v6.9.0.1212

As I can't downgrade the app, I'd like to ask for that function to be added again....or is there another solution ?

• Casual Listener
  • As I can't downgrade the app, I'd like to ask for that function to be added again. ...or is there another solution ?
  • castrillon7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is my equalizer?

I don't now how to find my equalizer.

• Casual Listener
  • I don't now how to find my equalizer.
  • Wintex
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

wont clear cache or saved data even after going through all process

i have tried three times to clear my cache and saved data just through the setting on the app. then i tried through my phone app settings. then i uninstalled and restarted my phone. all times i log back in to the app and everything is still there. my...

• i have tried three times to clear my cache and saved data just through the setting on the app. then i tried through my phone app settings. then i uninstalled and restarted my phone. all times i log b...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pause button problem

Hello,Please excuse my english. My problem is, that if i press the pause-button when i'm in the lockscreen, or the left corner in the starting screen, of my Android-Phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) the app instantly shuts down and I have to open it again. W...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Please excuse my english. My problem is, that if i press the pause-button when i'm in the lockscreen, or the left corner in the starting screen, of my Android-Phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) the ap...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music gap or glitch when playing

I have a Xperia z5c, and when playing musikk there Would sometimes be a small clitch /gap at aprox 0,5 sec when sound is gone. Similar to the one you get when reciving a message . This only happens when using Spotify. I use offline playlist with WiFi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Xperia z5c, and when playing musikk there Would sometimes be a small clitch /gap at aprox 0,5 sec when sound is gone. Similar to the one you get when reciving a message . This only happens w...
  • gassolini
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I have purchased the .99 intro offer from Spotify Premium for 3 months. My CC was charged and I can't get the premium features to initiate.

• I have purchased the .99 intro offer from Spotify Premium for 3 months. My CC was charged and I can't get the premium features to initiate.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Now Playing bar" GONE!

Hi,Yesterday evening it was there - on both my Android phone and tablet and this evening it is GONE! I can't:- see what's playing- see que- select device for Connect tried to restart and reinstall and clear cache, but nothing helps! Attached screensh...

• Roadie
  • Hi, Yesterday evening it was there - on both my Android phone and tablet and this evening it is GONE!   I can't: - see what's playing - see que - select device for Connect   tried t...
  • johnbull_1975
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Issues

For a few weeks now I have been having issues trying to bring up the radio part of the app. After opening the app, I click on the hamburger menu, select radio, and then all the app shows is an animated green loading circle but it never loads to anyth...

• Music Fan
  • For a few weeks now I have been having issues trying to bring up the radio part of the app. After opening the app, I click on the hamburger menu, select radio, and then all the app shows is an animat...
  • Acars999
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded music disappears

I've downloaded my +10gb playlist to my micro SD and then I'll notice all the music disappears a day or so later??? I've done this a few times with the same results. Is there an expiration time that music can stay on a device?

• I've downloaded my +10gb playlist to my micro SD and then I'll notice all the music disappears a day or so later??? I've done this a few times with the same results. Is there an expiration time that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant download spotify

Hello community!I bought a cellphone in Colombia, with a Colombian data provider.Everyone use spotify, but I cannot download the app on my cellphone.Any help to fix this?Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello community! I bought a cellphone in Colombia, with a Colombian data provider. Everyone use spotify, but I cannot download the app on my cellphone. Any help to fix this? Thanks in advan...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast support on Android with connection problems

I have frequently problems to connect to my chromecast stick. Sometimes the connection takes very long, 1-2 minutes, sometimes the connection fails completely. Sometimes the Cast icon is missing. When i start the google cast application everything wo...

• Regular
  • I have frequently problems to connect to my chromecast stick. Sometimes the connection takes very long, 1-2 minutes, sometimes the connection fails completely. Sometimes the Cast icon is missing. Whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Giftcard code doesn't work

I used a 3 month gift card 10 days ago but spotify doesn't sees it and i can't use my premium right now

• Casual Listener
  • I used a 3 month gift card 10 days ago but spotify doesn't sees it and i can't use my premium right now
  • zinci
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

payed but no premium help

Well ibought premium for 1 dolar 3 month (iwere in poland) and I bought it 10 minute ago my question is how much time ineed wait and what to do cuz when itry downlod the songs it tells me ineed to get premiumAnd idid it pls ansaer me guys what to do ...

• Well ibought premium for 1 dolar 3 month (iwere in poland) and I bought it 10 minute ago my question is how much time ineed wait and what to do cuz when itry downlod the songs it tells me ineed to ge...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] Disable shuffle from Android App

I think it it ridiculous that mobile users (at least on Android) can't play their playlist without shuffle. We are paying customers after all.

• I think it it ridiculous that mobile users (at least on Android) can't play their playlist without shuffle. We are paying customers after all.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes